Sign in to follow this  
hansham

I miss 2 jest and my plane crashes... is that the mission???

My mission goes like this:

- I have to wait until 2 jets lift off,

- my gunner doens not shoot them and tells he missed them,

- the game goes in to "autoplay" ( I can not change that)

- my heli crashes.

is that the mission???

I think he means EW.

First of all use spoiler tags, second of all, you got a typo *jest>jets*

If your english is so bad, no wonder you don't understand the campaign. Is there a language patch you can download or something?

If you're missing the jets, turn on manual fire, use your machine gun while they're taking off. Once the jets are flying away from you, shoot a sidewinder at their rear (tab to lock on).

I'll leave the 'autoplay' mode for you to work out ;)

@SAS...sigh... fired 5 sidewinders at a single frogfoot with active lock on and none hit...how come?

did you fire them at the back of the plane? don't fire when the plane is coming towards you (already wrote it above^^)

@SAS, I did. And I even held active lock on all the way through even though it should not be necessary for a sidewinder...sigh...

My sidewinders all hit, but did not necessarily kill with the first one. The second always did the job. Did you fire the missile with a circle and square lock? Are you running any mods?

MAX - yes, circle and square lock all the way. watched all the sidewinders miss. no mods. 1.05 stock. I always make sure to play the official campaigns without mod once before applying mods and replaying.

MAX - yes, circle and square lock all the way. watched all the sidewinders miss. no mods. 1.05 stock. I always make sure to play the official campaigns without mod once before applying mods and replaying.

From what aspect did you launch? Front? Rear? Top (as it turns around you from left to right or right to left)? You can try firing from all different aspects and see what you come up with. Are the missiles tracking at all? Do they proximity detonate? If they detonate, do you see any smoke coming from the frogfoots afterwards?

I was firing mainly from the 7 to 5 oclock angle. Saw the missile flying straight with no tracking. No denotion sighted. All zipped by with active lock just like an FFAR :(

Yeah the Sidewinders seem to miss a lot, the Frog take off, he pass over me, I get a lock-on, let him take some distance (500m~1000m) and fire a missile at his 6 and most the time the missile totally miss him or don't do enough damage to take him down one shot. I retried this part several time and I don't think it's normal that I have to fire 6 missiles for two planes. (actually I'm stuck there).

Anyway, the ah-64d is soooo awesome!

I managed to get one hit on the first one as it was coming at me and one on it while it was going away. "Boom!" After that though every one of them missed.

It just takes a bit of effort. I had trouble with the missiles too so I just used them all to shoot the first couple of planes and then I machinegunned the rest. My gunner was pretty accurate with the machine gun. Remember to keep a distance from the airport cause they are going to shoot you down if you get too close.

It took me six or seven retries but it's doable.

The sidewinders are really quite inacurate even when shooting from behind but on the other hand your gunner has an inbuild aimbot for his machinegun - use that

It's weird that this happens to you guys. I've had a 100% missile hit rate, and it takes two per aircraft. Really strange.