Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Well if Wikipedia says so, then it must be correct, correct? :war:

Most likely, yes. If there was something wrong in the entry someone would have corrected it.

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly is

It is a launch mode for the Hellfire, where the rocket will fly up after launch then dive on the target from above, similarly like real life Javelin rockets, the letters LOBL are meaning Lock-On Before Launch.

I thought of adding the customary disclaimer, but I figured people could handle it.

Wikipedia is more correct than... nothing, so I was hoping someone would share some non-Wiki insight.

On some forums and wikis china has superb stealthfighters, and other photoshopped things.

Wikipedia only works with things that people can't turn in to politics because then there are to many opinions on what is right..

Completly OT though..

ACE is sweet :D

Does anone know the classname of the new UH60 chopper ?

Edited by Nonkel Mich

just a question guys:

can someone confirm that autorotation is working with 1.0.234 ?

...its not working anymore since last update, tested with 1.0.234, AH64, .utes, no other mods enabled !

Stoned

i just crashlanded a couple of times today and autorotation seemed to be working with littlebird ;)

i just crashlanded a couple of times today and autorotation seemed to be working with littlebird ;)

please also confirm version 1.0.234

Stoned

1) Anyone else not able to switch fire mode to auto on USP?

2) Anyone else find that ACE is not compatible with GDT_HDR i.e. HDR key event handler broken?

2) Anyone else find that ACE is not compatible with GDT_HDR i.e. HDR key event handler broken?

1.) Haven't noticed that yet.

2.) Just a thought but it probably needs to be updated to use XEH(i.e. CBA compatible)

Think it already uses XEH. Must be overwriting the default keys.

Edited by Mr.Peanut

Auto???? on USP???:confused: Aren't you think about Glock 18?

Auto???? on USP???:confused: Aren't you think about Glock 18?
haha! that must be the problem!

haha! that must be the problem!

Oh my I never even released that you where talking about the pistol. I was thinking UMP. Ooops!! ;)

Anything to help noobs get to grips with this? Its really different from the original lol.

Anything to help noobs get to grips with this? Its really different from the original lol.

Read through the list of features on the wiki site, and take a look through the mod's config files.

This is the best way:

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2

What I did was make a test mission(now there are some) and basically go down the entire list in the ACE2 features section. There's just so much new stuff that it's really the only real way. Basically open a test mission in the Editor and play it that way. This way you can add and delete whatever you want and test every thing you like.

Also open ace_clientside_config.hpp and ace_keys.hpp in userconfig\ACE. Those basically allow you to turn on and off certain features and change key bindings but they also give you a feel for a few of the things ACE2 does and it's also a good way to learn the specific ACE2 keys/features.

Well the only thing thats got me confused ATM is the rucksacks and the wounding system. Also I noticed the lack of sound from radio chatter, I take it I need to download the ACE sound mod?

I need confirmation for this, because I don't know if I messed up some config, or is it in the mod: somebody put a BMP-2 in the editor, fire at it with Abrams's 120mm SABOT from the side at ~90 degrees, target the middle section on the hull, SABOT won't penetrate there....anybody else can confirm?

Well the only thing thats got me confused ATM is the rucksacks and the wounding system. Also I noticed the lack of sound from radio chatter, I take it I need to download the ACE sound mod?

The rucksack is used through the normal gear menu. If equipped you'll see it's contents on the bottom right. Then you move things from the pack to person by clicking on a weapon, mag, etc. and clicking the Pack/Unpack buttons. It also shows the total weight capacity and current pack weight as well.

The wound system is explained a bunch in this forum but you basically have to have a bandage, epinephrine and morphine equipped and walk up to a unit and press the right windows key(next to space bar) and then click examine when the interaction menu appears. Then it will tell you what the injured unit needs and the interaction menu will have the respective options to click on. An AI medic can also do it if you order him.( select unit then hit 6 then 1, if the unit is injured) The AI medic must be equipped with the 3 things I listed above or he wont heal. Sometimes they heal wounded units automatically as well. But first you need to place the ACE2 WS Module on the map, it doesnt need to be sync'd.

The radio chatter? Again that's mentioned a lot here. Nah, no need to DL ACE_SW unless you want to use it. The devs disabled the chatter by default. You just need to open up the ace_clientside_config.hpp in the userconfig\ACE folder and edit a line of code. It's one of the options on top. Just add // to the front.

Like this:

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////
CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER
--------------------
FEATURES: Disables AI radio chatter as well as player radio chatter
---------
TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.
----------
//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

//#define ACE_NOVOICE

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

This stuff is all mentioned in this thread and most other features. You may want to use the "Search this Thread" feature, it will quickly bring up all the useful posts. Normally people won't answer these questions anymore since they've been discussed often, so they may be ignored. I'm a sucker for providing answers though. ;)

Good luck and enjoy the Mod.

Edited by Manzilla

I need confirmation for this, because I don't know if I messed up some config, or is it in the mod: somebody put a BMP-2 in the editor, fire at it with Abrams's 120mm SABOT from the side at ~90 degrees, target the middle section on the hull, SABOT won't penetrate there....anybody else can confirm?

You sure it didn't go in one side and come out the other, killing the crew? Or just (invisibly) disable a tread?

Edit: Even if I shoot the BMP in the tread, the whole crew dies. The turret usually goes down or catches on fire too. It was a CDF BMD but that shouldn't matter.

Edited by maturin

You sure it didn't go in one side and come out the other, killing the crew? Or just (invisibly) disable a tread?

Edit: Even if I shoot the BMP in the tread, the whole crew dies. The turret usually goes down or catches on fire too. It was a CDF BMD but that shouldn't matter.

I've made an ACE compatibility config for a tank pack and it seems that I made a mistake somewhere because it made BMPs much stronger (don't know how though, because I didn't touch any of the ACE configs or the addon's config), I'm now convinced of this, thank you for your finding.