Sign in to follow this  
jasonnoguchi

Bis attention: 1.05 list of problems!

I loaded up an old mission I made in the editor. No one could die. I emptied several clips into a guy and him several into me and neither died. I could get run down by tanks and wouldn't die or even shot by tanks and wouldn't die. It only happened once but I thought it was weird. It could've just been that the mission was too heavy for what I was running though.

@Jakerod, now that you mentioned this, I was playing Dog of War today and I tried to kill prizrak at point black with an AK and he stood there shaking with every shot that hit him but just didn't die. I thought it was meant that way so he won't die accidentally and make the mission uncompletable. I need to test this!

Not getting this problem,just tested this with a squad and a truck,put the AI as driver and told him to drive to Stary Sobor(from Novy Sobor),got there without any problems,then ordered him to go to Petrovka,again no problem.

For me driving in 1.5 it's miles away better than 1.4,in 1.4 the AI was driving 50 m than stop,drive again stop in a tree or a house(so on).

I tried it again yesterday with 3 squads loaded on buses. Two buses got to the end point just fine and even pretty much parked next to each other. Third bus that started right next to other two went a totally different route, this was the bus I was on. The bus several times going down a straight road, turned left or right into a field, drove over fences, then turned and went back to the road it originated from. It then turned totally a different way for some reason (no enemy on map), and then got stuck in a little village. Never made it to end point.

I then ordered the other 2 buses to come to me, and they just sat there not moving. They acknowledged the order, but since we were stuck, it was as if they couldn't tell my position to come to me. Seems something to do with being in the vehicle with the AI driver, they have a much harder time figuring out pathing than the buses without a player in them.

The patch seemed to make alot of things better. I do notice the thing with squad mates a little funny. When one of my guys got out of the vehicle, he was about 30 meters away, and i told him to get back in. He kept walking around the vehicle, laying down, then move a few meters in another direction and stop for a while etc. Even after telling him to stand up, and put him on safe, he never entered the vehicle, It was like he was on danger mode. I had to possess him in order to get him inside.

I was using ACE however. But it probably has something to do with the patch that changed squad behaviour when leader was in vehicle.

For those of you complaining about no laser designator for cobra and apache, push the next target key, it locks on your targets based on your ammo. If you have it on guns, it may not target heavier armor but will target all vehicles, switch to hellfire and push next target and lock on the tanks. You don't need laser designators. Unless maybe you have your difficulty settings to block something like that.

And yes having an apache with marine pilots starting out over water and having no army, just made the simulation and realism go the other way.

I don't know how Eagle Wing was liked as much as it was anyway. I'm sure If I was killing russians a couple minutes ago, The Spetznaz would not all of the sudden give me a weapon, and say "hey come with us and be our friend" And then we either kill a fellow American or stand buy and let them kill an american in order to get a boat. Sure that would happen.

The patch seemed to make alot of things better. I do notice the thing with squad mates a little funny. When one of my guys got out of the vehicle, he was about 30 meters away, and i told him to get back in. He kept walking around the vehicle, laying down, then move a few meters in another direction and stop for a while etc. Even after telling him to stand up, and put him on safe, he never entered the vehicle, It was like he was on danger mode. I had to possess him in order to get him inside.

I was using ACE however. But it probably has something to do with the patch that changed squad behaviour when leader was in vehicle.

For those of you complaining about no laser designator for cobra and apache, push the next target key, it locks on your targets based on your ammo. If you have it on guns, it may not target heavier armor but will target all vehicles, switch to hellfire and push next target and lock on the tanks. You don't need laser designators. Unless maybe you have your difficulty settings to block something like that.

And yes having an apache with marine pilots starting out over water and having no army, just made the simulation and realism go the other way.

I don't know how Eagle Wing was liked as much as it was anyway. I'm sure If I was killing russians a couple minutes ago, The Spetznaz would not all of the sudden give me a weapon, and say "hey come with us and be our friend" And then we either kill a fellow American or stand buy and let them kill an american in order to get a boat. Sure that would happen.

Can you spoiler that last part please? I (and I'm sure others) haven't played EW yet...

Texture loading seems to have gotten really jumpy again :( Forests I get a lot of slowdown again.... and there are periods where textures will keep jumping between loded/unloaded and the game will just slow down severly turning into a slideshow and then just getting stuck until I Alt-Tab out and click back In? Oh yeah I ahevent got no map on but the intro movie doesnt load...

Luhgnut;1524725']I tried it again yesterday with 3 squads loaded on buses. Two buses got to the end point just fine and even pretty much parked next to each other. Third bus that started right next to other two went a totally different route' date=' this was the bus I was on. The bus several times going down a straight road, turned left or right into a field, drove over fences, then turned and went back to the road it originated from. It then turned totally a different way for some reason (no enemy on map), and then got stuck in a little village. Never made it to end point.

I then ordered the other 2 buses to come to me, and they just sat there not moving. They acknowledged the order, but since we were stuck, it was as if they couldn't tell my position to come to me. Seems something to do with being in the vehicle with the AI driver, they have a much harder time figuring out pathing than the buses without a player in them.[/quote']

Not sure what to tell you,are you using any mods?

I was as well in the vehicle with the AI when I did those tests.Only thing for me wich is still kinda screwy regarding the driving part is if I'm running a convoy,for ex. I was in a Humvee and had 2 AI controlled trucks ,they followed me much better than 1.4 but the last truck still stopped from time to time.I'm thinking that with a bigger number of vehicles things could get messy again.

Hmm played around some more with convoys,this time an AI convoy without any interference from me.3 cars in the convoy with a waypoint to move safe,speed=limited,formation=column(compact),the first car drives ok while the second and the third are always running out of the road,then they catch up the lead vehicle,then they again bump out of the road and so on.In other words not sure what was improved in convoy movement because this is still broken.

Edited by Krycek

santa gave me a new processor and a slick water cool unit, and I'm restripping my drives atm, but will retest a few things.

I first wondered if it was ACE2 and having the AI mods running that was acting up so I backed out and double checked and they were off. So went back in. Restarted mission and the buses all ran fine from start to finish.

I do know however, during that Warfare/Diplomacy maiden game, they wouldn't listen to squat. Literally going GO HERE, AND I MEAN RIGHT HERE. They would go "roger, ok, whatever", then I would switch my attention to another unit and send them to start scouting out another town. I look at the map and there's the guys I initially told, coming back to me. The order was to move around 1000 meters north west. Instead they go back to the road straight east, and start driving to my position. I order them to stop and they stop. I told them to go back to the NW position, and they continue to try and come to me.

gotta get this processor and water cool unit in then I'm going to mess some more. but something is definitely weird.

- Aircraft cockpit glass still non-bullet proof.

Helicopter canopies have varying degrees of protection, and they are mostly correct.

The Hind front plate for example, can withstand lots of small arms fires, but HMGs will penetrate. The bubble canopy won't even stand up to pistols, meanwhile.

I loaded up an old mission I made in the editor. No one could die. I emptied several clips into a guy and him several into me and neither died. I could get run down by tanks and wouldn't die or even shot by tanks and wouldn't die. It only happened once but I thought it was weird. It could've just been that the mission was too heavy for what I was running though.

This has happened to me two more times now. Both times I had the AIS and BC modules going although I don't know if that was a factor. Another time I was invincible, survived a helicopter explosion from hitting a tree got out but the difference was I could still kill enemies.

Just been having another good session & again, the performance boost on my rig is great with this patch, but this problem with the AI refusing to come out of danger mode is really bugging me, is there a hotfix for this anywhere? Danger mode is definitely useful when your directly engaged, but when your trying to get away quickly or whatever its an absolute pain! :(