Sign in to follow this  
jasonnoguchi

Bis attention: 1.05 list of problems!

So far, after watching this forum for the past 6 hours or so, I have confirmed and experienced these common problems with 1.05, BIS, please fix them!

Installing

-Many of us are getting a big bunch of errors installing the patch and then by ignoring these errors, patch is "installed successfully". What's going on??? Is anything broken??

AI

- AI gunners and squad mates EXTREMELY slow at aiming and shooting! I used to be able to strafe into an enemy camp as driver and my AI gunner would go firing like anything. Now, the AI merely reports positions and sometimes fire a round or two even on "engage at will".

- AI simply reluctant to get back into formation under any conditions.

- AI don't all go where you tell them to. Maybe 1 out of 5 of them will. The rest will wander off somewhere else.

- AI don't get out of danger mode once in it.

- AI do not all follow the leader when they should.

- AI still going in circles before embarking vehicle or healing someone.

CTD

- Increased level of CTD. (confirmed it as a mod problem)

Gameplay

- Suppressive Fire command didn't work in beta and still doesn't work now. (apparently a usage problem. resolved)

- 40MM grenade and HE bug still unfixed.

- T-90 still can be taken out with about 120 rounds of 12.7MG ammo from M2.

- Weapons zeroing error in Warfare mode.

- Aircraft cockpit glass still non-bullet proof.

- Sometimes, randomly, people can't die no matter how many times you shoot. (using no mods)

Graphics

- Cockpit shadow blocks HUD display.

Nomenclature

- USMC does not operate apaches. Apaches are under the US Army.

P/S List is being updating as regularly as possible with the inputs given into this thread. Bold fonts indicate higher level of complains received.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

For me it seems that the CTD is gone, played for about 4 hours long without a single crash, make sure you disable CAA1 and OAC with ACE, it crashes a lot.

Didn´t test the AI very much but i like them, they seem more real, they miss lots of fire without sniping you with a AK 500m away, and prone position really gives you a breath to take cover.

@CARL - how?? someone talked about this before, I tried his "method" and nothing. Could you outline a simple scenario in which to make this work in the editor?

@CARL, yeah, read your post. Seriously, that behavior is default in the original 1.04. There is no need for a command. As a command, I would expect the soldier to act according to command and suppress a designated are or person but I guess my expectations has little to do with what BIS does. So, I still have doubts (and I believe most of us still are) about how or whether that command works or not in 1.05. I was testing this in the betas and was told by some that its a feature that is yet to be activated and then suddenly, 1.05 was released. Weird....

Hold down <space>

Float your cursor over an enemy unit (Note: the ordermenu will pop up)

Hold down <Alt>

The option to order 'Suppressive fire' will appear. Click on it to initiate.

1.05 (This wasn't working in 1.04 betas but option would still appear).

@DAS , Interesting! Will try asap!

UPDATE: Everything worked as you said right up to the point where my character says "Suppressive Fire!" and then the mg gunner just stared at me blankly... same thing with all other squad mates... you sure it works????

@CARLS, I have confirmed that what you said is the default auto suppressive fire in existence since the start of ArmA2. You don't need a command for that. My MG gunner does that all the time before. You don't have to tell him to do so. As a test, just do what you described in your post but this time, don't give the suppressive fire order and then you will see the same behavior.

Edited by jasonnoguchi

because of this:

* Automatic launching of user made addons via "pbo" file association with the game

cpbo doesnt work any more ( rightclick on pbo > extract or rightclick on folder > create pbo)

so how can we open pbo files now?

*edit

ah nevermind, i just saw this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92290

Edited by RunForrest

The AI seem more autonomous now, but a little too autonomous sometimes which is causing problems.

Main problems being that when they get in combat mode they'll stay in combat mode no matter if you put them in "safe" or other. They'll scatter from formation and won't follow you until they're out of combat mode, which will only be when they know there is no enemies for miles. In Warfare modes this can be a major pain.

The other odd thing being that when they do finally get out of combat mode they seem to just wander off. Many times I've been far away from them (because they won't follow me), and when they get out of combat mode I tell them to move to a position to the west and several things happen. Somtimes they move east. Sometimes the crewmen exit their vehicles (including driver) and walk east while the men in cargo stay in the vehicle.

When playing as pilot in the AH64D..

Can't get the AI gunner to engage an armored target with Hellfires.

because of this:

* Automatic launching of user made addons via "pbo" file association with the game

cpbo doesnt work any more ( rightclick on pbo > extract or rightclick on folder > create pbo)

so how can we open pbo files now?

*edit

ah nevermind, i just saw this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92290

CPBO works just fine for me. I've been trying to see which A1 addons I could into A2 for a while since I patched and I haven't had any issues.

So far, after watching this forum for the past 6 hours or so, I have confirmed and experienced these common problems with 1.05, BIS, please fix them!

Installing

-Many of us are getting a big bunch of errors installing the patch and then by ignoring these errors, patch is "installed successfully". What's going on??? Is anything broken??

AI

- AI gunners and squad mates EXTREMELY slow at aiming and shooting! I used to be able to strafe into an enemy camp as driver and my AI gunner would go firing like anything. Now, the AI merely reports positions and sometimes fire a round or two even on "engage at will".

- AI simply reluctant to get back into formation under any conditions.

CTD

- Increased level of CTD. (confirmed it as a mod problem)

Gameplay

- Suppressive Fire command didn't work in beta and still doesn't work now.

Thanks for starting this:yay: Hopefully we can all figure out what the deal is with 1.05

CTD here as well. Forests much stuttier and when i turned around and zoomed at a forest i CTD. First time ever for me with AA2.

Forests i looked at was in the betas stutter free - now they stutter a lot.

When using manual fire in helos, AI gunner won't auto select targets. I practically landed on an OPFOR squad and my gunner wouldn't train the cannon on them.

Performance wise the patch seems fine, but as was said earlier the AI seems to get stuck in danger mode, last night I was playing the user mission "operation enable sky" and it took me ages to get my squad to mount the APC after a firefight! I put them into safe mode & told them to board, but they took forever to fall back & a couple of them kept clearing off while I kept frantically issuing orders for them to come back and get in the APC. Then once I finally got them aboard I used high command mode to move the APC to the next objective, setting it 3 or 4 waypoints to follow, it got so far (after knocking several trees, walls & fences down as it couldnt stay on the road) then just stopped! I cancelled all the waypoints & re-issued some more but it just wouldnt move, to make it worse there was an enemy soldier just left of it & it wouldnt engage him either! I tried everything but eventually had to quit the mission :(

1.05 seems to have improved a lot of things but the AI seems to have suffered with it in places!

Installing

this isnt a issue of 1.05!!!it belongs to ALL the patches!!many players had them with 1.02 and 1.03.

Since I got no reponse in the impressions thread, but this has been confirmed by a mate at simHQ, I'm putting this in it's own post:

I have the most weirdest bug here I've ever seen

When I start a WARFARE based Scenario (Single-Player War Welcomes, or MP Superpowers on my own "LAN Server") and buy the M4 HOLO (the green SpecOps Rifle with Eotech Holo Crosshairs and M203 GL) the SIGHTS are OFF.

The bullet impact is on the top mark of the crosshairs (the 12 O'Clock marker), not on the center point.

However, if I use the same rifle in the Editor, it is perfectly zeroed.

I'm not using any mods (I have a few desert units loaded, but they do not touch weapon configs) and even if some addon was interfering, why should it only happen in certain missions but not the editor?

Totally freaking weird. By definition the weapon configs must be the same for any mission and editor preview? Why does WARFARE type missions change the sight picture so that the bullet is high?

Aimpoints and Scopes seem to be fine, someone else said it might also happen to Ironsights. This is enough difference in rifle zero to miss people at 200 yards.

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

37 Views, no comments?

Merged into here, separate threads to report issues are unnecessary.

Okay, since we are collecting all here:

T-90 still can be taken out with about 120 rounds of 12.7MG ammo from M2 Humvee (and other M2 guns). There's a more detailed thread in the beta boards, Suma had already seen it and I don't quite understand why it isn't fixed.

UH-1Y is no longer available.. You can find it and place it in the editor but it does not appear physically.

The same occurs when playing missions (Including the campaign where you can no longer leave the carrier because the helicopter is not there)

UH-1Y is no longer available.. You can find it and place it in the editor but it does not appear physically.

The same occurs when playing missions (Including the campaign where you can no longer leave the carrier because the helicopter is not there)

Works just fine here, are you using any mods?

Do NOT use ANY mods when testing!!!

@Preditorian, that error seems to be an ACE2 error. Try again without ACE2 mod. ACE2 will be updating these within the next few hours. This error will not be included in the first post list.

yeah, guys make sure you're reporting problems with 1.05 and not 1.05/ACE - I was getting some errors, turned off ace, retested and fine. Ace is still in process.