Sign in to follow this  
Longinius

Mid east

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 17 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Sep. 17 2002,21wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, I found this entertaining piece today.

chesnoff is a respected news commentator, formerly with USNews & World Report.

It's about homegrown criticism of the palestinian dictator.

http://jewishworldreview.com/richard/chesnoff.html<span id='postcolor'>

Arafat is an elected president. Also I wouldn't credit Jewsihworldnews.com with much objectivity.<span id='postcolor'>

Mmmh, yes. It is always refreshing to see folks from the oldest democracy in europe to side in with elected leaders.

How could I forget?

Who was the candidate from the other party, you said? biggrin.gif

And about JWR's objectivity: just read the piece. It's short.

Let da people judge for themselves. (I read pieces by www.ummah.org (pfffffff) somebody suggested.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Sep. 17 2002,23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 17 2002,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Sep. 17 2002,21wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">By the way, I found this entertaining piece today.

chesnoff is a respected news commentator, formerly with USNews & World Report.

It's about homegrown criticism of the palestinian dictator.

http://jewishworldreview.com/richard/chesnoff.html<span id='postcolor'>

Arafat is an elected president. Also I wouldn't credit Jewsihworldnews.com with much objectivity.<span id='postcolor'>

Mmmh, yes. It is always refreshing to see folks from the oldest democracy in europe to side in with elected leaders.

How could I forget?

Who was the candidate from the other party, you said? <!--emo&biggrin.gif

And about JWR's objectivity: just read the piece. It's short.

Let da people judge for themselves. (I read pieces by www.ummah.org (pfffffff) somebody suggested.)<span id='postcolor'>

Arafat is the accepted and popular leader of the Palestinian people. It is not for outsiders to demand other nations change leaders against their will.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 17 2002,23:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Arafat is the accepted and popular leader of the Palestinian people. It is not for outsiders to demand other nations change leaders against their will.<span id='postcolor'>

Unless of course the nation is Iraq, and the leader is named Hussein smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 18 2002,00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 17 2002,23:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Arafat is the accepted and popular leader of the Palestinian people. It is not for outsiders to demand other nations change leaders against their will.<span id='postcolor'>

Unless of course the nation is Iraq, and the leader is named Hussein  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i don't go along with 'regime change', just disarming him. That is the position of the British government also.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 18 2002,00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Paratrooper @ Sep. 17 2002,23:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Arafat is the accepted and popular leader of the Palestinian people. It is not for outsiders to demand other nations change leaders against their will.<span id='postcolor'>

Unless of course the nation is Iraq, and the leader is named Hussein  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But... um...  what if the nation is the USA whose leader was elected with much less than 50% of the popular vote? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frisbee @ Sep. 17 2002,00:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Terrorism is an objective thing.WW2 : germans call them terrorists,we call them the brave resistance fighters.<span id='postcolor'>

And when the victims are Palestinian school children, the perpetrators are called "vigilantes." sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In March, a Jewish vigilante group claimed responsibility for a bomb explosion at a Palestinian school near Jerusalem which injured five people.

-- from BBC article about yesterday's school bombing in Hebron<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Sep. 17 2002,18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Which brings me to my point: this thread outlived it's usefulness and meaningfulness a long time ago...dejavu? <span id='postcolor'>

Fubar, if you have something to contribute to this thread, then do. If you just want to whine about that it is meaningless then don't bother to post. It is ceartainly more meaningful then the "Therapy thread" ever was.

There are many people on this board that find this thread interesting and it helps to keep all the Israel/Palestine topics in one place.

Now, if you have something say on-topic, feel free to post here, otherwise, stay away and mind your own business. We have moderators that make decisions on whether a thread is relevant or not.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry for having an opinion.

Also, sorry for answering someone's criticism of me.

As a last point, I will mention that "many people on this board" found the Therapy thread interesting. I just don't get why this thread is such a sacred cow. It seems to be untouchable and have it's own set of rules.

But I have been told. I won't post here again. Enjoy your squabbles. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Sep. 18 2002,01:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As a last point, I will mention that "many people on this board" found the Therapy thread interesting. I just don't get why this thread is such a sacred cow. It seems to be untouchable and have it's own set of rules.<span id='postcolor'>

Because this is a serious thread, and the subject matter is equally very sensative.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But... um... what if the nation is the USA whose leader was elected with much less than 50% of the popular vote? <span id='postcolor'>

I don not care how it was done, but as long as we do not have Gore I am happy! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Sep. 17 2002,13:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Israeli settlements are built on hills, with huge walls and such so that they look like fortresses, and they all surround the meagre palestinian settlements. This apparently makes the palestinians feel very small, as though the Israelis are better than them and ruling over them. They have even made a road which is for Jews only, safety of the settlers apparently. (Saudia Arabia anyone?)<span id='postcolor'>

Here's what the US government's Mitchell Report said about Israeli settlements last year...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Some Israelis appear not to comprehend the humiliation and frustration that Palestinians must endure every day as a result of living with the continuing effects of occupation, sustained by the presence of Israeli military forces and settlements in their midst.

In addition to the Interim Agreement, customary international law, including the Fourth Geneva Convention, prohibits Israel (as an occupying power) from establishing  settlements in occupied territory pending an end to the conflict.

Israel accepts that the settlements are an outstanding issue on which there will have to be agreement as part of any permanent status resolution between the sides.

A cessation of Palestinian-Israeli violence will be particularly hard to sustain unless the Government of Israel freezes all settlement construction activity.

Most other countries, including Turkey, Norway, and those of the European Union, have also been critical of Israeli settlement activity, in accordance with their views that such settlements are illegal under international law and not in compliance with previous agreements.<span id='postcolor'>

Here's what the US government said a decade ago...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't think there is any bigger obstacle to peace than the settlement activity that continues not only unabated but at an enhanced pace. -- Secretary of State James Baker in 1991<span id='postcolor'>

two decades ago...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The immediate adoption of a settlements freeze by Israel, more than any other action, could create the confidence needed...  -- President Ronald Regan in 1982<span id='postcolor'>

1996 Map of Israeli Settlements

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Sep. 18 2002,00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But... um...  what if the nation is the USA whose leader was elected with much less than 50% of the popular vote? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Considering most ruling parties in European countries rarely receive more than 30% of the vote, I cant say that I am losing sleep about it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 18 2002,04:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Sep. 18 2002,00:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But... um...  what if the nation is the USA whose leader was elected with much less than 50% of the popular vote? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Considering most ruling parties in European countries rarely receive more than 30% of the vote, I cant say that I am losing sleep about it.<span id='postcolor'>

Time to start returning to the topic, which is Mid East smile.gif

To answer you briefly there is seldom such a thing as a ruling party in Europe - it is almost always a coallition of parties. The coallition then has absolute majority.

sweden being the only country in europe with voluntary one party government for more than 60 some years...

(hit me if I'm wrong) biggrin.gif

about those "damnable" settlements in israel:

1. to build on, or occupy, the high ground is a time proven military strategy. would be foolish to do anything else.

2. don't they build just on land which they possess? as in "obtained by paying money for it?"

(again: hit me if I'm wrong)

and those armbreaking soldiers...: damnable. mad.gif

instead of doing that to this palestinian they should have made him pick up bodyparts after a terror attack. mad.gif

Looking at that settlement map makes me think that Israel has a large population even thought they only have 5-6million.

I have an interesting idea. We have spent enough time talking about who is right and wrong, how about what do you want to happen? This can be whatever you want. If you want the scorpians to over throw the humans and take over Israel and Palestine, fine(but please be more sensible than that)

I want to see both isdes living side by side in peace. Palestinia can have its won nation with a good amount of land.

Both isdes can live together in an aragement that benifits both sides. No need to exportation. The subject of whos land it is historicly is not brought again.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Sep. 18 2002,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">about those "damnable" settlements in israel:

1. to build on, or occupy, the high ground is a time proven military strategy. would be foolish to do anything else.<span id='postcolor'>

Get real!!  Since when has building air conditioned shopping malls and daycare centers in occupied territory ever had anything to do with military strategy?  (Hey, wanna join my OFP team?  You can be the soldier that builds the strategic bowling alley.)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Sep. 18 2002,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. don't they build just on land which they possess? as in "obtained by paying money for it?"

(again: hit me if I'm wrong)<span id='postcolor'>

(smack)  One minute you're telling us the settlements are part of a military strategy, the next minute they're simply real estate transactions.

Actually the territories have been home to Palestinian Muslims, Christians and Jews for more than a millenium.  However, the 400,000 or so settlers located on the settlements map are Israelis who arrived since 1967.  If property was purchased, the seller was the Israeli government as territorial administrator.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sam Samson @ Sep. 18 2002,14:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and those armbreaking soldiers...: damnable.  mad.gif

instead of doing that to this palestinian they should have made him pick up bodyparts after a terror attack.  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

...Just get any Palestinian?  You say you're not a racist, Sam, but you do make it sound like they're all the same to you - all terrorists.  Perhaps without the armbreaking soldiers, there wouldn't be so many terror attacks to pick up after.

By the way, who should pick up the bodyparts of Palestinian school kids after a "Jewish vigilante" bombing?  ...Just any Israeli?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 19 2002,08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well another attack. mad.gif

CNN

Apparently the Palestinen Goverment can not keep peace. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What are you talking about you goof? The Palestininas have not caused any violence for 6 weeks (until now). In this time Israel has been very busy abusing human rights.

Palestinians even put forth a phased peace plan which the warmongers in Israels parliament rejected swiftly.

Israeli leaders want all violence to stop from the Palestinians first, and then they can talk peace. If you have ever been in a fight you will realize that doesn't work until one person is defeated.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 19 2002,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What are you talking about you goof?  The Palestininas have not caused any violence for 6 weeks (until now).<span id='postcolor'>

You would never make a good propaganda minister for some vile regime. Your lies are too blatant.

This is a condensed list for such events here from August 1 through 7, approximately 6 weeks ago.

It's been going on like this for 10 years and more. It's only gotten worse since the Oslo agreements.

If you want to see the details of daily events here, 3/4 of which are not bothered being reported by the international press, all you need to do is visit Israel's Arutz (Chanel) 7's archive page or their live updates page.

The rest of BN880's comments are similar bunk.

Once again, I was here. Now, I'm gone. **POOF**

22:22 Aug-07-02

Infiltration in Arava Area

21:55 Aug-07-02

Tank Targeted in Shomron Bomb Attack

20:50 Aug-07-02

Bomb Detonated in Shomron Vineyard

16:16 Aug-07-02

Gas Tanker Originated in Jerusalem Pi Glilot Site

16wow.gif0 Aug-07-02

2nd Bomb Found on Rishon Gas Tanker

15:50 Aug-07-02

Hotel Industry on the Verge of Collapse

15:12 Aug-07-02

Terrorism Suspected in Gas Tanker Explosion

15wow.gif7 Aug-07-02

Jew Moderately Wounded in Haifa Stabbing Attack

15wow.gif0 Aug-07-02

RPG Rocket Attack in Southern Gush Katif

12:55 Aug-07-02

More on Shomron Shooting Attack

12:40 Aug-07-02

Israeli Arab Students Knew of Meiron Terror Attack in Advance

12:15 Aug-07-02

No Injuries in Shomron Shooting Attack

11:23 Aug-07-02

Two Tanzim Terrorists Killed in Bethlehem

09:30 Aug-07-02

Infiltrator Apprehended in Jordan Valley

09wow.gif8 Aug-07-02

Suspects Taken into Custody in Yatah – PA Reporting 1 Fatality in Gaza

08:42 Aug-07-02

Soldiers Targeted in Southern Gaza Grenade Attack

07:20 Aug-07-02

US' Rumsfeld: PA Involved in Terror Attacks

06:55 Aug-07-02

N'vei Sha'anan Mastermind Killed by IDF Soldiers

06:13 Aug-07-02

IDF Position Attacked Near Ganei Tal

22:22 Aug-06-02

Hebrew U Ceremony to Remember Terror Victims

21:53 Aug-06-02

Two Soldiers Wounded by Gunfire in the Shomron

21:40 Aug-06-02

PA Involved in Car Thefts

21:21 Aug-06-02

No Injuries in Firebomb Attack

20:55 Aug-06-02

Soldier Lightly Injured in Stone-Throwing Attack

20:36 Aug-06-02

Minharot Road Reopens

20:29 Aug-06-02

Soldiers Lightly Wounded by Gunfire in Jenin

20:23 Aug-06-02

Minharot Closed Due to Suspicious Object

18:20 Aug-06-02

Court Extends Remand of Intended Suicide Bomber

17:40 Aug-06-02

Infiltrator Apprehended – Alert Called Off

16:39 Aug-06-02

No Injuries in Southern Gush Katif Shooting Attack

16:20 Aug-06-02

Flight to Switzerland Cancelled Due to Bomb Threat

14:36 Aug-06-02

Search for Terrorist Continues in South

14:33 Aug-06-02

Hebrew U Memorial in the USA

14:13 Aug-06-02

Wanted Suspect Apprehended in Erez Area

13:49 Aug-06-02

Southern Residents Ordered into Their Homes

13:43 Aug-06-02

Manhunt Underway for Suspected Terrorist

13:41 Aug-06-02

Islamic Jihad Terrorist Apprehended in the Shomron

13:28 Aug-06-02

Police Checking Possible Bomb in Arab Restaurant

13:23 Aug-06-02

FBI Investigators Arrive in Israel

12:15 Aug-06-02

IDF Apprehends Wanted Terrorist at Checkpoint

12wow.gif3 Aug-06-02

Large Explosive Device Discovered in Jerusalem

12wow.gif0 Aug-06-02

Fatah Leader Killed Was Responsible for TA Bombing

11:45 Aug-06-02

Police Arrest Intended Suicide Bomber

09:45 Aug-06-02

2 More Fatah Leaders Killed

08:53 Aug-06-02

2 Roadside Bombs Discovered on Tunnels Road

08wow.gif0 Aug-06-02

Three Suspects Arrested Near Rafiach Crossing

07:40 Aug-06-02

No Injures in Early Morning Mortar Attack

06wow.gif0 Aug-06-02

Israelis Fear Being Victimized in Terror Attack

05:40 Aug-06-02

Disaster Averted in Attempted Train Derailment

05:17 Aug-06-02

Military Vehicle Targeted in Bomb Attack

23:23 Aug-05-02

Nazi ally, Hajj Amin Al Husseini, is Arafat’s “Heroâ€

22:50 Aug-05-02

Tanzim Commander Arrested

21:30 Aug-05-02

Army Prevents Attack Against Tzufim

20:57 Aug-05-02

Minharot Road Reopened

20:50 Aug-05-02

20:28 Aug-05-02

Route 65 Reopened to Traffic

20:20 Aug-05-02

Minharot Road Closed

20:17 Aug-05-02

Terrorist Was Planning to Dress As A Security Guard

19:55 Aug-05-02

Suicide Car Bomb Attack Kills Terrorists

19:20 Aug-05-02

Remnants of Car Bomb Blown Up By Police

19wow.gif4 Aug-05-02

Update on Yigal Volansky

18:55 Aug-05-02

Shootout In Shomron on Route 55

18:38 Aug-05-02

Car Explosion Believed to Be Premature Car Bomb Blast

18:30 Aug-05-02

2 Dead in Car Bomb Attack

18:23 Aug-05-02

More on Car Bomb Attack At Um el-Fahm Junction

18:15 Aug-05-02

Car Bomb Exploded At Um el-Fahm Junction

18wow.gif0 Aug-05-02

Court Extends Remand of Weapons Sales Suspect

14:50 Aug-05-02

27 Bus Attack Victims Are in Ziv Hospital

13wow.gif6 Aug-05-02

Israeli Arabs Linked to Hizbullah in Southern Lebanon

12:37 Aug-05-02

Update on the Volansky Orphans

12:12 Aug-05-02

IDF Arrests Terrorist Responsible for Meiron Bus Attack

11:47 Aug-05-02

Seven Suspects Arrested West of Bethlehem

10:58 Aug-05-02

Terror Organization Claims Responsibility for Shomron Attack

10:39 Aug-05-02

Update on Meiron Bus Attack Victims

10:36 Aug-05-02

Funeral Arrangements for Avi & Avital Volansky

10wow.gif9 Aug-05-02

Police Increasing Deployment of Bomb-Sniffing K-9s on Buses

09:49 Aug-05-02

Bus Security Force May Be Smaller Than Required

09:29 Aug-05-02

Six Suspects Apprehended in the Shomron

07:50 Aug-05-02

Funeral Services For Terror Victims

07:32 Aug-05-02

Meiron Bomber Was Assisted by Israeli Arab Citizens

07:12 Aug-05-02

Names of Shomron Shooting Attack Victims

06:55 Aug-05-02

Toddler in Serious Condition from Shooting Attack

06:27 Aug-05-02

Terror Victim Nizal Awassat

03wow.gif0 Aug-05-02

Body of Hebrew U. Victim Being Flown to France

02:13 Aug-05-02

Children Wounded in Shomron Shooting Attack

01:22 Aug-05-02

Parents Murdered in Shomron Shooting Attack

01:17 Aug-05-02

Hamas Supporters Celebrate Bus Attack

01wow.gif2 Aug-05-02

Two Persons Murdered in Shomron Shooting Attack

23:23 Aug-04-02

Police Chief Concerned About Security on Buses

22:51 Aug-04-02

Soldiers Targeted by Gunfire Near Gadid

21:50 Aug-04-02

Names of the Nine Bus Attack Victims

21:40 Aug-04-02

Meiron Junction Bomber Came From Jenin

20:20 Aug-04-02

Bus Driver Released from the Hospital – Survives Two Suicide Bombing Attacks

19:10 Aug-04-02

23 Soldiers Wounded in Bus Attack

18:20 Aug-04-02

Names of Three Meiron Terror Victims

18:18 Aug-04-02

The Cohen Family Returns Home

17:50 Aug-04-02

Fourth Bomb Factory Found in Shechem

17wow.gif5 Aug-04-02

Fatah Claims Responsibility for Jerusalem Shooting Attack

16:30 Aug-04-02

Funeral Service for Meiron Junction Terror Victim

16wow.gif8 Aug-04-02

4wow.gif0pm Update – A Day of Terror

15:33 Aug-04-02

Four Injured in Shomron Bomb Attack

15:16 Aug-04-02

One Israeli Seriously Wounded in Shomron Bomb Attack

14:35 Aug-04-02

Recap of Shomron Shooting Attack

14:16 Aug-04-02

Three Wounded in Shomron Shooting Attack

14:10 Aug-04-02

Israeli Seriously Wounded in Shomron Shooting Attack

13:58 Aug-04-02

Shomron Shooting Attack Update

13:41 Aug-04-02

One Person Wounded by Gunfire in the Shomron

13:36 Aug-04-02

Update on Today's Terror Victims

13:15 Aug-04-02

Terrorist Used a Handgun to Perpetrate Jerusalem Attack

13wow.gif4 Aug-04-02

Three Shooting Victims Arrive at Hadassah Trauma Unit

12:54 Aug-04-02

Three Injured in Shechem Bomb Attack

12:17 Aug-04-02

2 Dead in Jerusalem Shooting Attack – 11 Wounded

12:12 Aug-04-02

At Least 2 Seriously Wounded in Jerusalem Shooting Attack

12wow.gif8 Aug-04-02

10 Wounded in Jerusalem Shooting Attack

11:57 Aug-04-02

Four Wounded in Jerusalem Shooting Attack

11:48 Aug-04-02

Shooting Attack With Injuries Near Damascus Gate

11:43 Aug-04-02

Shooting Attack Near Damascus Gate

11:36 Aug-04-02

Recap on Meiron Junction Terror Attack

11:18 Aug-04-02

IDF Destroys Eight Homes of Terrorists

10:55 Aug-04-02

Hamas Claims Responsibility For the Attack

10:43 Aug-04-02

Shortage of Ambulances in Area of Today's Attack

10:30 Aug-04-02

Seriously Injured Being Flown to Rambam Trauma Center

10:26 Aug-04-02

Death Toll Climbs to 9 – Over 50 Injured

10:23 Aug-04-02

All Meetings Between Senior Gov't Officials & PA Cancelled

10:12 Aug-04-02

Attack Was A Suicide Bomber

09:49 Aug-04-02

Update on Meiron Junction Attack

09:36 Aug-04-02

Death Toll in Meiron Junction Terror Attack Climbs to 8

09:27 Aug-04-02

At Least Four Dead & 24 Injured in Meiron Junction Bus Attack

09:24 Aug-04-02

Emergency Information Numbers

09:17 Aug-04-02

Update on the Wounded from Bus Bomb Attack

09:14 Aug-04-02

Bus from Haifa to Tzfat Targeted in Bomb Blast

09wow.gif4 Aug-04-02

Location of Bus Attack

08:56 Aug-04-02

Dozens of Injured in Terror Attack on Bus Explosion

08:50 Aug-04-02

Reported Explosion on Bus in Meiron Area

07:30 Aug-04-02

Nine Orphans Remain

06:44 Aug-04-02

Oslo War Stats

06:20 Aug-04-02

Clinton Willing to "Fight and Die" For Israel

05:33 Aug-04-02

More Attacks Against Gush Katif Communities

02:22 Aug-04-02

US Still Willing to Meet with PA Officials

01:51 Aug-04-02

Mortar Attack Against IDF Position in Southern Gaza

01:35 Aug-04-02

Soldier Lightly Wounded in Firebomb Attack

01:11 Aug-04-02

Third Bomb Factory Uncovered in Shechem

00:40 Aug-04-02

Rocket Fired at Southern Gush Industrial Facility

00wow.gif7 Aug-04-02

Two Mortars Land in Gush Katif

23:59 Aug-03-02

Friday Night Rocket Attack

23:23 Aug-03-02

Sabbath Shooting Attacks in Southern Gush Katif

23wow.gif0 Aug-03-02

Update on Hebrew U. Terror Victims

14:14 Aug-02-02

Bomb Factory Discovered in Shechem

13wow.gif2 Aug-02-02

Army Patrol Targeted in Bomb Attack

11:40 Aug-02-02

Hevron & Psagot Residents Mark A Week Since Attack

11:11 Aug-02-02

Suicide Bomber Apprehended

10:46 Aug-02-02

Israeli Wounded by Gunfire Near Tul Qarem

09:50 Aug-02-02

Mortar Attack in Gush Katif

09:30 Aug-02-02

Terror Alert Still in Effect

07:30 Aug-02-02

Firebomb Attack on Jerusalem-Maale Adumim Road

07:12 Aug-02-02

FBI to Work With Israel Police On Hebrew U. Investigation

06:55 Aug-02-02

Funeral Arrangements for Hebrew U Terror Victim Dina Carter

05:29 Aug-02-02

Large Bomb Neutralized in Northern Gaza

01:44 Aug-02-02

Police Already Questioned Hundreds of Suspects in Hebrew U Attack

01:19 Aug-02-02

Attacks Continue in Gush Katif

00:49 Aug-02-02

Funeral Arrangements for Hebrew U Terror Victim David Ladovsky

23:31 Aug-01-02

Funeral Arrangements for Hebrew U Terror Victim Dina Carter

23:11 Aug-01-02

Terror Victim Laid to Rest

21:21 Aug-01-02

Soldiers Targeted in Hevron Firebomb Attack

21wow.gif0 Aug-01-02

Pipe Bomb Found on Train Tracks

19:34 Aug-01-02

July Terror Watch – 30 Persons Murdered in Attacks

19:11 Aug-01-02

Hebrew U Terror Victim Being Laid to Rest

18:59 Aug-01-02

Name of 7th Hebrew U Terror Victim

18:39 Aug-01-02

Bush Furious But Peace Still Possible

16:25 Aug-01-02

Identity of AM Terror Victim

16wow.gif6 Aug-01-02

Terror Alert Returns to Sharon Region

15:11 Aug-01-02

Hebrew U. Bomb Activated by Remote Detonator

14:40 Aug-01-02

DC Rally for Hebrew University Victims

14:22 Aug-01-02

Suicide Terrorist Was Apprehended Ahead of Suicide Bombing Attack

12:42 Aug-01-02

Renewed Specific Alert in Sharon Region

11:15 Aug-01-02

Israeli Found Shot to Death

10:45 Aug-01-02

Wanted Hamas Terrorist Captured

10:45 Aug-01-02

IDF Arrests 9 Wanted Terrorists

10:15 Aug-01-02

Sharon Region Alert Lowered

10wow.gif5 Aug-01-02

Three More Bombing Victims Identified

09:45 Aug-01-02

Update on Morag Bombing Attack

09:25 Aug-01-02

Third Terror Victim Identified

09:15 Aug-01-02

Jerusalem Police to Receive Reinforcements

08:55 Aug-01-02

Terror Warning Leads to Traffic Standstill

08wow.gif0 Aug-01-02

A Timeline of PA Terror

07:56 Aug-01-02

Jerusalem Attack Results in Dancing in Gaza

07:50 Aug-01-02

Mortar Attack in Gush Katif

07:43 Aug-01-02

Hamas Vows to Continue Striking Out At Children

07:25 Aug-01-02

Sharon Region Terror Alert

07:22 Aug-01-02

Bomb Attack in Morag

07:15 Aug-01-02

Soldiers Targeted in Shechem Bomb Attacks

07wow.gif0 Aug-01-02

Soldiers Targeted by Gunfire in Jenin

06:36 Aug-01-02

Reaction of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem to the Terror Attack

05:55 Aug-01-02

US State Department: American Citizens Among the Dead

05:28 Aug-01-02

Name of Second Israeli Murdered in Hebrew U. Attack

03wow.gif3 Aug-01-02

Soldiers Targeted in Firebomb Attack

02:11 Aug-01-02

Hebrew U. Trauma Hot Lines

00:43 Aug-01-02

You are very wrong Avon. This is what is being reported here. I am not observing this personally so I can't believe anything completely, but I trust Canadian sources when it comes to the Middle East.

Haha, I read more of those little reports, your source is full of .... propaganda.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 19 2002,17:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are very wrong Avon.  This is what is being reported here.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, yet you just said:

"What are you talking about you goof? The Palestininas have not caused any violence for 6 weeks (until now)."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 19 2002,17:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Haha, I read more of those little reports, your source is full of .... propaganda.<span id='postcolor'>

As you like it.

Folks, it's all in our Israeli imaginations: There were no mortars or rockets fired on houses in Gush Katif or in the Negev. The Jerusalem tunnel road was not closed for shootings and/or bombs. There was no bomb in Hebrew Univeristy nor in a bus in Meron. No suicide bombers were captured or caught. There were no shooting incidents in the Shomron.

Yes, propaganda. Have fun!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Sep. 19 2002,10:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 19 2002,17wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You are very wrong Avon. This is what is being reported here.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, yet you just said:

"What are you talking about you goof? The Palestininas have not caused any violence for 6 weeks (until now)."<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, so? that is what is being reported to sources in Canada.

Ofcourse everyone has criminals and has some violence. Your source is complete BS... so one sided, like I said to you before, Israel can do no wrong. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Duke_of_Ray @ Sep. 19 2002,08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well another attack. mad.gif

CNN

Apparently the Palestinen Goverment can not keep peace. mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A US congressional report on the 11 Sept attacks was released yesterday.  It revealed that US law-enforcement and intelligence agencies had an enormous amount of info warning of the type and scale of the attack.  Yet, with all their technology and combined (?) resources they could not prevent 19 foreign terrorists from converting 4 domestic passenger jetliners into missiles.  And here you get angry that a decimated Palestinian authority can not not prevent individuals from constructing explosive belts and detonating them outside of their own borders.

Furthermore, according to Israel, the main reason for the reoccupation since March was for Israel to do what the Palestinian security forces were not willing (or not able) to do - prevent suicide bombings.  By the way, I think the IDF has truly succeeded at reducing the frequency of suicide attacks while probably increasing the motivation for such attacks.  Unfortunately however, many attackers have probably waited for summer to end so that they can again get away with wearing heavy jackets less conspicuously. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 19 2002,15:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What are you talking about you goof?  The Palestininas have not caused any violence for 6 weeks (until now).<span id='postcolor'>

Bn880, can you post a reference for that comment?  (I mean your 2nd comment.)

According to the BBC...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">These are the first fatal suicide attacks in Israel for six weeks, although violence has continued in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.  -- BBC Article on the latest suicide bombing<span id='postcolor'>

According to the same article...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Mr Sharon has demanded a total cessation of violence before any start to a fresh peace plan proposed by international leaders.<span id='postcolor'>

You show me someone who demands peace as a prerequisite to starting a peace plan and I'll show you someone who doesn't want peace.