Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

It's hard to say when 1.00 will be ready.

... It won't be a year, that is for shizzle. A couple months sounds more realistic, maybe sooner...who knows.

One of major reasons 31st Mod is very expected should be your releasing term. No matter a Mod how much nice in theory, waiting for two or five years to get it would let most of us lose patience. I dont try to blame any other Mods who are contributing us for free. Just tell the truth what I'm feeling.

yep, i think you right, with screenshots alone its hard to play. i think it was a good decision to make that first release, even if there are bugs or some stuff don´t has the quality it will have some day, but we have something to play around with and keep us busy. i also think that a free mod don´t need to be perfect in all aspects, on the other hand i can understand that a addonmaker want his stuff to be as good as he is capable of doing it and that take alot of work. but i prefer a not so perfect addon i can use to a perfect screenshot i can look at.

In the mission editor. Open the bomber unit dialogs and put into each of them in the init line box this kind of line: this flyInHeight 1000; this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1, 1000];

The 1000 in the example is the flying altitude in meters. I have already told in this thread how to make the bombers level bomb so search this thread for that.

aye sir, thanks. Still getting use to this forum.

OT: How go the Catalina and the DUKW?

Duck's done. Cat still needs a litter bo...erm...a toilet seat.

I am still having fun with this even if it's a beta. I am messing around setting up C-47's at night and having them get shot at with Flak. Great job guys. I am also creating a P.O.W mission which I will finish after the 1.00 release.

yep, i think you right, with screenshots alone its hard to play. i think it was a good decision to make that first release, even if there are bugs or some stuff don´t has the quality it will have some day, but we have something to play around with and keep us busy. i also think that a free mod don´t need to be perfect in all aspects, on the other hand i can understand that a addonmaker want his stuff to be as good as he is capable of doing it and that take alot of work. but i prefer a not so perfect addon i can use to a perfect screenshot i can look at.

I fully understand your feeling, belgerot.

I don't know if this has been brought up before (Don't fancy going through 106 pages tbh...) But I cannot place groups in the editor. Their are no names for most groups and when I try to put down the ones that do have names the game crashes... I think I might have installed the mod wrong I don't quite understand where to put the patches.

I put the patches into program files/Bohemia interactive/Arma2 where the main mod folder is

(@31stWWA2) then it asks me if I would like to replace some files, I always click yes when it asks.

Am I doing somthing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Liam!!!!

Hi Liam!!!.

The Group problem has been covered extensively in the thread.

Doing a search of the thread via the search command would have given you an answer without need for a post,But I'll cover it again to help you out with the problem

The groups are not done at the minute in this beta release.

So i would advise you try not to use them.

Groups will be added in the version 1.00 release along with all sorts of other awesome stuff.

Until the V1.00 release making groups manually via places units singly and allowing to auto group or group them together manually is the only way to go.

Enigma

Hi Liam!!!.

The Group problem has been covered extensively in the thread.

Doing a search of the thread via the search command would have given you an answer without need for a post,But I'll cover it again to help you out with the problem

The groups are not done at the minute in this beta release.

So i would advise you try not to use them.

Groups will be added in the version 1.00 release along with all sorts of other awesome stuff.

Until the V1.00 release making groups manually via places units singly and allowing to auto group or group them together manually is the only way to go.

Enigma

Oh well thanks for that... I wasn't even aware you could do that lol.

I've added a lot of editor groups since the beta release. This will fix those problems.

how do you make a mission where flaks can shoot down the c47 and how do you put troops in the c47 so they can bail out or paradrop

And version 1.0 is planned for when?

I'm too impatient to play, it's really beautiful.

It's hard to say when 1.00 will be ready.

There are a bunch of outstanding items. Just one of those things. I wish I could say exactly when its ready, but I really can't quiet put a date on it yet. It won't be a year, that is for shizzle. A couple months sounds more realistic, maybe sooner...who knows.

^_^ There you go bud!

^_^ There you go bud!

Don't worry it won't be long

I have to say;" Thank you" to the normandy Team! I play ww2 since release of your mod now! Arma 2 rocks so damnit, thanks to your pack! :yay:

perhaps a script to make soldiers to just run straight and ignore else? I'm sick of beach invasions where they stop and fire back at the MG42s mowing them down.

why the medic have no weapon?

Edited by IDF1

why the medic have no weapon?

To avoid such guy going into a fight eagerly. Then no one would look after the wounded...

As i recall medics in world war 2 were not armed,

they not carry weapons and wore the Red cross marks to distinguish them from the GI.

They didn't need firearms with them as under the Geneva convention they were non combatants and therefor shouldn't of came under fire.

of course in the heat of battle many medics were hit and injured or killed by mistake.

Some of the more fanatical troops like the japanese and the SS considered the medic to be fair game and would fire on them given the chance.

But most troops would hold fire if they knew it was a medic trying to treat the injured,

I remember i read about in some prolonged battles they negotiated a short cease fire to collect the dead and wounded from the field

perhaps a script to make soldiers to just run straight and ignore else? I'm sick of beach invasions where they stop and fire back at the MG42s mowing them down.

I haven't tried this but set the group's waypoint to CARELESS and NEVER FIRE and speed to FULL.

As i recall medics in world war 2 were not armed,

they not carry weapons and wore the Red cross marks to distinguish them from the GI.

They didn't need firearms with them as under the Geneva convention they were non combatants and therefor shouldn't of came under fire.

of course in the heat of battle many medics were hit and injured or killed by mistake.

Some of the more fanatical troops like the japanese and the SS considered the medic to be fair game and would fire on them given the chance.

But most troops would hold fire if they knew it was a medic trying to treat the injured,

I remember i read about in some prolonged battles they negotiated a short cease fire to collect the dead and wounded from the field

I think that since the Japanese would shoot them, they were allowed to be armed if I remember correctly. But in the Campaign for Europe, they weren't allowed to.

I think that since the Japanese would shoot them, they were allowed to be armed if I remember correctly. But in the Campaign for Europe, they weren't allowed to.

That is correct,

But then it was for personal defense only.

So were only issued a pistol if i recall correctly.

There were several incidents of Medical corps coming under fire in WW2.

From Normandy alone,

Cases of clearly marked medical cars and trucks carrying life saving medical supplies being destroyed by enemy fire.

Also fixed medical tents behind the front line (again clearly marked with the red cross) being strafed by German fighters,

Killing medical officers,surgeons and other serving personnel.

I think it's just one of those unavoidable things.

non-combatant armed or not.

Your in the line of fire.

In a live fire battle zone.

you may get hit.

you may die.

just one of the many horrors of war.

In real life, I think a medic may be armed with a pistol or something to defend himself in case of encountering japanese in the pacific war or SS troops in europe. But in game, it'd be better not to do that. Because I found the medic with weapon would be involved in a fight volunteerly in the game and could be killed easily. Then no one takes the job of medic.

You can always pick up weapons if playing online with a medic.

But for the purposes of the release i think it should stay unarmed.

Medics Aren't meant to be actively engaging the enemy.

If they do fire and kill.

They gain points which makes them become a higher priority target for the other side (AI).

Then they'll get capped ;D

I think the 'medics' in the game are not truly medical personnel dedicated to heal wounded. I would take them as group (squad etc) members who have bit more knowledge and equipment to give firstaid as a secondary task if someone in their group gets wounded. These people should not have a big white roundel with a red cross because it would be just a clearly visible 'shoot me sign'. Instead they might have a small special badge in chest, sleeve etc. The first task would be to fight as a normal infantry man, except maybe not as a first man to check dangerous places.

Those driving the field ambulances, carrying wounded and dead from battle fields or even working in m.a.s.h are what you are referring to. Being limited in numbers and unarmed makes no sense put them in with infantry squad.