Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

and here are the german counterparts in action

there was a great ww2 heli addon for ofp, the flettner kolibri, which was used during ww2 as a recon chopper for naval units, can be seen in the movie at 2:24

here the wikipedia link to the kolibri

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flettner_Fl_282

Edited by Scars09

OK, sorry, but I swear there were helicopters in the video...

I can't wait to have this game, spending weekends re-enacting famous battles.

Also, how many players can you have in one match?

in the end its your call if you remove the tank destroyer arm badges, they historically not correct (at least on every unit), but no one force the mod to be 100% historically correct in any detail (which is nearly impossible anyways i think)

it would be a shame if the stug crews have them but the infantry dont, so maybe just make sure that the infantry get them aswell.

To be more historically correct, I would remove tank destroy badges from the arm as suggested. But momently, I just asked to get aprroval of modifying crews instead of infantrymen. But I've really done some for personal amusment stuff.

I've been playing around with the tanks and other AFV:s, and I wonder if there really is supposed to be so much smoke when firing. Is this to make it historically accurate? Did the guns of this period produce that much smoke?

It's making it very difficult for me to hit anything, as you can not see where your shots land.

One more thing to look into. I'll investigate.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

can someone make a nice movie like 101st jumps at night above normandy with 88,s and flakvierling,s firing and you need to take them out or assault a farm. a nice movie like 10min :P

(just like BoB)

Video's by profanwolf:

Bt8oRgXuEpE&hd=1

JhDRDfVgkzA&hd=1

VYnbH-4TgGo&hd=1

Also found this awesome one:

ClYHOVfJvI4&feature=related

Edited by Rip31st

One more thing to look into. I'll investigate.

Actually, I tested the M1 Abrams now, and see that it also produces lots of smoke. It was a while since I played anything but infantry, but I was sure that the modern tanks had less smoke. I don't remember at all not being able to see where the shots landed back when I first tested the modern tanks.

Either I'm just remembering wrong, or this was changed in the latest patch. Anyway, it seems that the amount of smoke is the same as in the vanilla game, so it is not related to the mod.

To be more historically correct, I would remove tank destroy badges from the arm as suggested. But momently, I just asked to get aprroval of modifying crews instead of infantrymen. But I've really done some for personal amusment stuff.

I think you can keep one in, just not all of them. on german wikipedia site to the badge is a link to a guy name Walter Kuhn, who destroyed on one day 18 tanks with his pak, and after his pak get knocked out he destroyed 4 more with close combat anti tank weapons, earning him a knights cross and 4 tank destroyer badges.

So it isnt impossible that a stug crew member had some, just not every one of the crew.

like i wrote in my first post regarding to this, a tank destroyer badge would mean the stug got knocked out or ran out of ammo, he left the vehicle and fought on with whatever means he had to hand.

Yeah, I also think the same and just keep such badges to one or two guys' arm.

Then ,more pics for SS Assault Gun and Tank crew verteran.

* a4.jpg

a6.jpg

a5.jpg

c10-1.jpg

c11-1.jpg

Edited by FKPLACE
Add more pics

is this mod particualry buggy with the air craft? Ive had some problems like crashing to desktop when I add a few german jets and a few british ones...or is it just me?

nice movies Rip31st!

Like how this mod is shaping up with all it's updates.

Hello,

I have a quick question about the ingame map. When I am in the map editor I can scroll way down in to place units and stuff. However, when I actually play the map and use the ingame map as one of my units, I can't scroll in that far.

I also can't see anything to really give orders because the green circles (trees) take up alot of space. It makes attacking a town sorta difficult when assigning unit orders off the ingame map. Can you adjust this or is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance!

~SD~

is this mod particualry buggy with the air craft? Ive had some problems like crashing to desktop when I add a few german jets and a few british ones...or is it just me?

Perhaps you tell what planes and I tell is the problem in the planes.

maybe they german planes? just kidding

is it night or day mission? did you try to give the gun higher rank and skill? did you get in the group (not as leader) of the gun and checked what the gunner reports when the planes arrive?

Edit: what plane exactly? just tested it and they engage, rather late since the plane allrdy passed the flak, but they engage. regarding getting in the group of the gun, maximum that happens is that you get a plane assigned as target.

Edited by Scars09

Hmm, well I tested it during the day. The skill is default. The 88's fire on the well perfectly....but the 88's seem to attack the 38's haha strange.

Anyone know how I can make a mission with bombers in a formation flying at a high altitude as fighters intercept them?

Anyone know how I can make a mission with bombers in a formation flying at a high altitude as fighters intercept them?

In the mission editor. Open the bomber unit dialogs and put into each of them in the init line box this kind of line: this flyInHeight 1000; this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1, 1000];

The 1000 in the example is the flying altitude in meters. I have already told in this thread how to make the bombers level bomb so search this thread for that.

Any news for a big Update? about how its going ??

Were still in the process of working out all the kinks and coming up with a uniform system for our weapons which I might add is going quiet well. Were also working on our performance issues. The mod has improved tremendously since it's beta release.

Heya! ^_^ Been following your project since I heard/read about it (But haven't DLed the mod due to issues on other mods I'm figuring out D: ) and am wondering if there is any possible ETA for the V1.0? Couple months, four months? ^_^ A estimate (Even if it's a year!) would make me happy :D Thanks!

Heya! ^_^ Been following your project since I heard/read about it (But haven't DLed the mod due to issues on other mods I'm figuring out D: ) and am wondering if there is any possible ETA for the V1.0? Couple months, four months? ^_^ A estimate (Even if it's a year!) would make me happy :D Thanks!

Agreed

+1

I talked to Rip about this a while back, and I got an estimate.

WHEN IT'S DONE! ;)

I ain't trying to be mean, I hope ya understand, but this question keeps getting asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. It's enough to make the addon makers insane.

I wasn't lying. I did ask a similar question on one of the forums a while back (I was tired, I wasn't thinking straight) and that's the answer I got. I should have known better, considering that is the universal, and factual answer.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Coulda gone without the... uhm... yeah spoilers... the 'I'm not trying to be mean' goes void with that... anyway. The mod looks great none the less.

It's hard to say when 1.00 will be ready.

There are a bunch of outstanding items. Just one of those things. I wish I could say exactly when its ready, but I really can't quiet put a date on it yet. It won't be a year, that is for shizzle. A couple months sounds more realistic, maybe sooner...who knows.

Thanks ^_^ That'll hold me over! :D I can have fun with ACE2 and the 2 new islands I picked up >_> Haha but by the youtube vids I found of your mod it'll be fun. Can't wait to destory the Nazi War Machine :P