Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Are there any early Pz. III versions (e.g. Ausf. E) on you hard drive, by any chance? I know they are quite out of Normandy's timeframe, but still... a man may dream :)

I love the Russian armor btw! Your work?

D.

Yea the russian tanks are also mine but they are not very polished, not yet at least.

And yes there are also pz3:s both early, mid and late.

I do of course respect every modder's right to work when, on what and with whomever they like but I can't help imagining what might be achieved if all of the WW2 teams could find enough common ground to jointly assemble a unified set of assets. Each team might still distinguish themselves in the campaigns they create but imagine the best of 31st Normandy + Invasion 44 + Liberation 1941-1945 + The FEW all rolled into one consistent download! Of course we might eventually be able to mix and match components ourselves but we'd likely always be plagued with distribution and compatibility issues.

Well it's a nice day-dream. :)

Does anybody else have performace problems with the infantry units?

The VILAS units for both sides seem pretty good and I can maintain 40-60 fps like normal (tested vanilla ArmA BLUFORvsOPFOR units for comparison).

But the others, say the 101st airborne units and the 29th infantry units (for example) kill my PC, I'm getting 15-25 fps on average.

(Tested with 2 squads on each side, in combat, on the Normandy island.)

Kind of sucks because those units are the ones I want to use, d-day units etc.

The new units are high poly and haven't been paired down yet for multiplayer. They should provide good fps once 1.00 is out.

Are there any early Pz. III versions (e.g. Ausf. E) on you hard drive, by any chance? I know they are quite out of Normandy's timeframe, but still... a man may dream :)

I love the Russian armor btw! Your work?

D.

I did put a 3f in the mod. Under 31stwc class. That will change soon - the classes are being organized.

I do of course respect every modder's right to work when, on what and with whomever they like but I can't help imagining what might be achieved if all of the WW2 teams could find enough common ground to jointly assemble a unified set of assets. Each team might still distinguish themselves in the campaigns they create but imagine the best of 31st Normandy + Invasion 44 + Liberation 1941-1945 + The FEW all rolled into one consistent download! Of course we might eventually be able to mix and match components ourselves but we'd likely always be plagued with distribution and compatibility issues.

We've extended the open invitation to do so since the beginning of 2008.

Edited by Rip31st

Yea the russian tanks are also mine but they are not very polished, not yet at least.

And yes there are also pz3:s both early, mid and late.

The Russian tanks look amazing though. They aren't even finished? Wow...

In making my PvP maps I have noticed some significant things.

1. Using the regular AAS scripts, I am able to make all the Vilas units I have tried so far to spawn and respawn no problem, as well as the 101st airborne. However, whenever I try using those nice looking SS units (about halfway down, available in plain, camo, peecamo etc) they break Norrins respawn.

2. Many of the sights are not calibrated correctly, especially (probably exclusively) on vehicles, most noticably theFew Stuka and the German Pak 50mm.

Does anyone have a dedicated server running this mod? I would like to give someone these PvP maps so that more people can enjoy and test them.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

That would be an Arma wet dream, I have no idea why people havent cooperated in this way, i'm guessing personal and artistic disagreements.

Does anyone have a dedicated server running this mod? I would like to give someone these PvP maps so that more people can enjoy and test them.

Nice mod guys, some friends had me playing forgotten hope 2 on bf2 for my wwII fix but now thats going in the bin. I am also happy to say the AEF now has a server up for the mod

b_560x95.png

At the moment there is only 1 mission for the mod on the server, for that was all i could find. If anyone has missions, please pm them to me and i will upload them.

And please be sensible when loading other mods. The server won't be running ACE2 mod or anything else, so all you really need is @31stWWA2.

Now have 2 missions up, CO-13 Black out V1.0 and Desperate Attack Co-26 (@) so if anyone has anymore mp missions pm them to me and i can put them straight up

Wha? nobody loves my jagdpanther? :)

Sorry to say so. But his armor stuff really very awesome. I once tested his Jagerpanther and others in OFP era and a big amazing collection he's done actually. If he got any time for converting them, would be a whole armor for german and russian.

just in case nobody has noticed so far, the config of the 31st_lancaster disable the movement of the static machineguns cause its override the staticmgweapon class.

just in case nobody has noticed so far, the config of the 31st_lancaster disable the movement of the static machineguns cause its override the staticmgweapon class.

Thanks for the info! I have 3 static mg's I can bring into the mod. I couldn't find the bug the other day while I was working on them. I will fix this soon and keep you posted.

Update currently uploading patch .99b which resolves many of the CTD and missing texture issues.

Keep an eye out.

Also posted a updated mission.

Keep an eye on the first page of this thread for links to download the patch and mission updates.

The patch .99b contains some warfare classes ( trucks for axis/allies: repair, refuel, ammo & MHQ's) so mission makers should be able to start their ports of warfare and domination style missions without worry of CTD.

In making my PvP maps I have noticed some significant things......

We have an Dedicated Server for 31stwwa2. Would be nice to have some more maps. You can post them in our forum: http://www.fh-warzone.de/wbb3/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=863 or send them by pm.

Greetings

- can you include the ww2 warships addon?

Ah cool, I was looking for that today but failed to find it (when I made this post).

- please update to huertgenwald 1.5

At the moment Hürtgenwald and Hürtgenwald/snow are version 1.0, needed addons are version 1.45

you can start them as additional addons(with correct starting order) or just replace the old pbo´s with the latest versions.

get it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94125

When 31st Normandy leaves beta status everything will be in the most uptodate version...:)

sorry beton, i mean 1.0

sure, i can update the files by myself, but then i would have a big multiplayer problem

It seems the AI us planes never attack the ground targets in game. Anybody else got the same issue or how to make them to bomb the targets?

Here is the link for patch .99b http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9824 Also posted on the first page of this thread.

Certain aircraft will not seek ground targets and it also depends on what the camoflauge variable is on how well ai can detect ground units. The 31stWC class aircraft can detect them. I'm not sure about the FEW class aircraft as I did not program them.

Thanx alot for this great, and getting greater mod !!

Bug report :

if i place a single unit under :

BLUFOR - Great Britain WW2 - British 50th ID

than the unit is sunk into the ground (config error).

if at first i place :

BLUFOR - US WW2 - ww2 101st airborne infantry

unit and then the above mentioned british unit the problem is gone.

please check the British 50th ID config for errors.

end of bug report ;-) Greetz Waxbutter

- smines muzzle, eventhandler needs to be added to all players.

Hey RIP31st / Aqu: Could you provide the exact code, please?

Hey RIP31st / Aqu: Could you provide the exact code, please?

Where is this said? In the new patch readme? It looks like this wasn't fixed even it was known...personally I would prefer less patches, but then more fixes in one patch.

I assume this means the infantry doesn't have the required event handler to setup the mine properly. So currently it would need something like this...

fired = "if( _this select 4 == "Aqu_B_SMine" ) then { _this execVM "\Aqu_Smine\script\placemine.sqf"};";

Also you cannot set the trip wire to the mine I guess, so it is set off only by stepping over it. If placing the mine directly in the editor (I think it was empty/objects/Smine something) it should be armed properly.

currently, I have the (quite serious) problem, that I can't join any dedicated server (no matter what mission) because the server says he is missing the 'aqu_smine_patch' because it has been deleted... But that problem might be on my end too.

EDIT: I might add that the aqu_smine.pbo is present on both server and client

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

dmitri check the first page for updates, there was a patch.

Question, Are you guys planning to allow the MG's on the planes to be useable? Or does that have to do with the whole ARMA 2 engine problem thing.

Try the rear turret in the Grand Slam Lancaster mkI Special

Just wanted to show you guys a sneak peak into the future:

iwojima_3.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

two suggestions

- please update to huertgenwald 1.5

- can you include the ww2 warships addon?

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1021

I need persmissions

Thanx alot for this great, and getting greater mod !!

Bug report :

if i place a single unit under :

BLUFOR - Great Britain WW2 - British 50th ID

than the unit is sunk into the ground (config error).

if at first i place :

BLUFOR - US WW2 - ww2 101st airborne infantry

unit and then the above mentioned british unit the problem is gone.

please check the British 50th ID config for errors.

end of bug report ;-) Greetz Waxbutter

I will look into it right now.

Just checked and the 50th ID units I spawn, spawned without error. Maybe redownload and reinstall the mod and each patch in sucession. They are on the front page.

Edited by Rip31st