Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

Good evening,

I've got a problem with the WW2 mod since it seems like the aqu_smine_patch.pbo is completely missing in my addons folder, in the normal arma2 expansions/addosn folder as well as in the ww2mod/addons folder.

Im not talking about the problem with the mission.sqm array, the data itself is not included in the folder so I cant play any missions :(

can anyone help me?

gretings

Fixed with the newer patches. Another, new, question. How to use the editor to work without crashing when im deploying a group?

@TeilX & Bastimoo, both questions have been mentioned couple off times;

classnames will come with the new version(I guess) but there are ways to find the classname yourself,for example you can open in editor new mission

and puth the soldier(s)you want the classname off in,save and open the mission file in documents, you will see in the mission file the classnames off the units you have puth in the mission.

for groups in editor they dont work yet buth you can make groups yourself by placing 2 or more units together.

hope it helps and next time search trough the posts a bit before asking something that been asked hundreds off times;)

cya

Im sorry, but browsing through over 120 pages is pretty hard to do.

Another question (this time I searched the ARMA OA/ARMA 2 editing forum with the tags 'group' 'spawn' 'dead' 'alive' as well as some german forums. Maybe im just to blind for search functions? :( ) : how to let a group of soldiers spawn as soon as another one dies? Im not(!) talking of a usual respawn. There should a completely new unit spawn as soon as another one dies. Is it possible without a script, or do i have to learn scripting as well?

will it work with the '(!)alive' function?

thanks and sorry again!

Im sorry, but browsing through over 120 pages is pretty hard to do.

Another question (this time I searched the ARMA OA/ARMA 2 editing forum with the tags 'group' 'spawn' 'dead' 'alive' as well as some german forums. Maybe im just to blind for search functions? :( ) : how to let a group of soldiers spawn as soon as another one dies? Im not(!) talking of a usual respawn. There should a completely new unit spawn as soon as another one dies. Is it possible without a script, or do i have to learn scripting as well?

will it work with the '(!)alive' function?

thanks and sorry again!

I think if you give the group a name, then have the game to check to see if they're alive, if not, spawn. Then you get the idea. It's been done before. Just check the scripting sections of the boards.

)rStrangelove;1737710']Rip31st: all videos in OP dont work anymore' date=' except the vid from mr sarkey :([/quote']

Maybe I will update them soon, if I have time. :)

Isn't the Pacific part of this mod going to be added after this next update? Or did you say it was a different theater of war? I can't find the post mentioning it.

The pacific portion of this mod is well underway. That's all I will say about it. Screenshots will come after the 1.00 release of the normandy phase.

I’m just tested this mod and its truly Awesome! thanks for the hard work. It seems some of the mission in the TS are listed double or even triple but this might be my poor judgement of file differences. But this got me to make a new small mission with the help of you're great mod (see below).

Also i have a bundle of mission.pbo file missing errors at startup, so im not sure if i extracted all the files in the right way. All i did was add the files from patch to 1,2 & 3 to the original folder replacing all the old files and added the latest version of Huertgenwald. Resulting in some problems:

1.-Half the times i start /(re)spawn without any weapon. I have tried the fix mentioned in the patch1 readme but this offered no solution for the problem im afraid.

2.-Ammo crates (VIS) UK & US not visible after placement

3.-Does this mod use CBA

4.-Player keep getting kicked out of empty tank on the map

User files:

- 31st Normandy Mod + patch 1,2,3

- Huertgenwald 1.11

- Hürtgenwald winter 1.0

- Beton addons 1.47b

My mission:

Huertgen Assault

Storyline:

The Germans have taken over a small town called Huertgen and placed it under strict surveillance by a special SS division reinforced by plenty of static weaponry.

As you approach the town from the east you will have to struggle your way past the numerous reported (tank) patrols in the area so be careful what path you choose toward your targets

Tasks:

You're job is to take over the town from the Nazis before reinforcements arrive(obj1),

destroy all static weapons(obj2),

destroy the communications centre(obj3)

capture the officer(obj4).

Date: 4-sep-2010

By: -=XTRA=-Larsiano

Info:

current vers: 0.1

Required addons: 31st Normandy mod patch3, hurtgenwald winter edition1.0

Settings: 18 vs 2 COOP

Unit respawn = Yes

Vehicle respawn = Yes

Ammo crates = Yes

Source:

http://www.battlegroup-xtra.eu/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=2&func=view&catid=16&id=2061#2061

Download:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XFS34NQ3

The german battleship is still WIP right? Also, there will be more newer static weapons for axis and allies right?

The german battleship is still WIP right? Also, there will be more newer static weapons for axis and allies right?

All the naval units are all WIP. There is a package that will be released that has all the naval units in it. From Landing craft, cargo ships, subs, freighters, battle ships, etc. Included naval inf.

Oh Man that sounds Awesome! Been working on my own MP Mission but don't want to get too far as I believe you said the Class Names are going to change.

Some of the vehicles you have in here WIP or not are great and when it all works and the "White Ones" get done ;), it is going to be the best mod out there!

Thanks for all the hard work! If you need any testing just let me know, I run my own private Dedi Server!

Yes we've textured the 'White Ones'. :)

okay i've downloaded 3 files, 31stwwa2, @31stwwa2 and @31stwwa2b, are those all i need?

after extracting the first one (31stwwa2), when extracting the others it asks for overwrite, what to do here?

when ingame alot of textures are missing, one from the king tiger for example and some tank crews wont load and sometimes crash the game, is this meant to be? (considering the mod might not be finished)

thank you!

The "search this thread" button will answer all your questions. Usually a great idea to check it out before you post.

i did and i'm tired of scanning through pages of key words not finding anything or people say different things. please just answer my question. already made one thread about this and was told to post in this thread.

okay i've downloaded 3 files, 31stwwa2, @31stwwa2 and @31stwwa2b, are those all i need?

after extracting the first one (31stwwa2), when extracting the others it asks for overwrite, what to do here?

when ingame alot of textures are missing, one from the king tiger for example and some tank crews wont load and sometimes crash the game, is this meant to be? (considering the mod might not be finished)

thank you!

Overwrite the files starting with oldest to newest and you'll be fine.

thanks. what about the other things, are they normal, like missing textures?

Sure. Design intent. :rolleyes:

lol

WIP continues...

r662.jpg

Sure. Design intent. :rolleyes:

i have a tatoo of a burning cat vomiting on an ice cream van:eek:

i meant is it my install thats messed or is it not finished yet?

Looks nice for map! Wish in the new release, could remove all those mordern houses and buildings and just put or keep the houses and other architecture and etc from that era.