Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

I'm trying to get the units ready for release.

This is great news RIP, as your mod update is just got to be one of the most anticipated ones out there!

Great to see this thread active and moving forward. ;)

have you already updated the russian helmet texture?

I'm reasonably sure that the infantry has gone through a major overhaul :D

Fucking shit, its looking awesome :eek: . Wow, this is really great! The new Russian is looking very well. I use a lot of DAC and create heavy battles with ca. 600 units and more. The upgrade will make my campaign much more better. Nice Job! :yay:

First class work as usual T Roc. Is that a Cromwell I see in the background of the Stuart picture - or are my eyes failing me?

:)

First class work as usual T Roc. Is that a Cromwell I see in the background of the Stuart picture - or are my eyes failing me?

:)

No your eyes arent failing you, its a cromwell allright, its part of my next project.

More info later..

wait, did you guys add ww2 soviet infantry to this mod?? cause i was planning a Stalingrad type map...

wats the ETA on this one? im gettin so eager to make an epic russian tank mission...

:( but unfortunately i cannot, because the russian tanks don't load ion the editor, and they are under opfor? or is this just my version...

Coz ive got alot of weird problems with this mod, all the units are all messed up and in different sides, soviets r under independent?

And the soviets that are in blufor all have Ak - 47s??

Textures not loading on some models... etc.

orrrr is wat i just said a beta releases? and they will be fixed in the next versions to come? :/

This is the mod I'm looking forward to. I love WWII stuff and this just looks amazing. Keep up the work guys, I hope we get the next release soon :)

Great work once again TRoc, give me a shout when you want to start testing again, as per your pm.

wait, did you guys add ww2 soviet infantry to this mod??

yes soviet inf, and tanks, as well as static mg, and At guns are in it,

although Troc might have only a few things for 31st mod for Russian, better let him say for sure.

Hey RIP you need a beta tester? I usually have beta tested for TRoc since last year on his own work.

He was in our WW2 Realism unit Grossdeutschland for Arma2 last year and had built a mod specifically for the unit,

I was doing most of the testing for him, but the leader of the unit passed away late last year of liver cancer unit shut down after that,

but him and the other guys in the unit were hardcore German WW2 history buffs so TRoc was getting alot of great feeback.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Can't wait for the release. I hope this solves the problems I have been having in OA with the mod.

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

:( but unfortunately i cannot, because the russian tanks don't load ion the editor, and they are under opfor? or is this just my version...

Coz ive got alot of weird problems with this mod, all the units are all messed up and in different sides, soviets r under independent?

The side problems will be fixed for the release. The problems in the alpha was because different modellers had put their units on different sides.

Because this mod will model several sides (not just those in Normandy) the nationalities goes like.

BLUEFOR: US, Great Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand

OPFOR: Germany, Japan

Independent: Soviet Union, France

If you wonder why, think how it changed during the war who was friend with who. France is intended to be for both Free France and Vichy and prolly the resistance. That mix allows most of the realistic combinations and few what if scenarios

I can understand the siding situation. The Soviet's weren't actually part of the 'Allies' durring WW2. Thats why if you ever watch a history TV show about WW2 it'll go 'The Allies and the Soviet Union attacked repeatedly into the Germany until they both stood on the doorstep to Berlin...Etc' 'The Allies aided the Soviets shipping lanes Etc'. They never really declared an 'Alliance' with the Allies during WW2 and only really were 'With us' because 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend' thing you know? As well as there were actually Russians fighting in the German military as conscripts if I remember correctly.

And I can see why the French are there due to the fact when America got into the conflict and we landed in Africa, the first guns that opened up on us were French. The officers were bribed or something (Can't remember the rest). A lot of people really never remember/notice those from history hehe

But enough of the history lesson! I Great progress with the MOD 31st! ^^

Is the radio disabled? It would be kind of nonsensical if your teammate fell back and he asked "What is your location?" and you would respond from 10 miles away that you're at some grid coordinates

Troc does awesome work and I am working on trying to configure all the stuff so we can get it out asap.

And I can see why the French are there due to the fact when America got into the conflict and we landed in Africa, the first guns that opened up on us were French. The officers were bribed or something (Can't remember the rest). A lot of people really never remember/notice those from history.

^^

That was the Vichy French.

The free French forces were part of the Allied Forces and led by Charles De Gaulle.

But the Vichy french were led by Philippe Petain after the capitulation to the Germans.

The Northern side of France was occupied by the Germans and the Atlantic wall was built to stop any invasion attempts.

The southern side of France and North Africa was put into the hands of the revolution nationale (Vichy French).

Hence why the first guns that fired on the forces were French.

Not the Democratic free French.

But the German Collaborating Vichy French.

Just to clear that up.

Don't want to say that all the french were allied with the Germans because there weren't :)

Edited by XxEnigmAxX

Just to clear that up.

Don't want to say that all the french were allied with the Germans because there weren't :)

Obviously.

Remember that we were an occupied country, but Vichy forces never really fought against allied troops. There were very few cases where those troops fought abroad, mainly a very short fight between French colonial troops against US troops landing in North Africa (before massively joining them...) and some deadly fights against British and Free French forces in Syria. Vichy military troops basically disappeared in 1942.

The overwhelming majority of the fights involving the French in WW2 were against the Axis forces.

And I can see why the French are there due to the fact when America got into the conflict and we landed in Africa, the first guns that opened up on us were French.

Sorry your both wrong the first shots fired at the US in north Africa were from US guns, the Navy in fact ;)

Great Update, this mod is going to be great. Thank you.