Sign in to follow this  
rip31st

31st Normandy mod for ArmA2: WW2

i dont really care about the other mods... this one is the best ww2 mod imo ;-)

Guess I'm looking to this WW2 mod from now on, 'invasion' and 'Wacht am Rhein' have both been closed...

Usually means there's a new thread coming up in 'Addons&Mods:complete'. ;)

Here is what I am posting at Armaholic today:

The 31st Normandy mod: WW2 for ArmA2

31st_no_mod.jpg

Is a community based semi-open sourced World War Two modification for ArmA2. We hope to release our mod soon. There are many updates since its previous two releases. The first release was for ArmA1, the second was for ArmA2...both beta's. Our next release will be the Alpha version 1.00 for ArmA2. It will feature many new vehicles, infantry sets, weapons, sounds, custom building objects, terrain, and one HUGE map that will please those that like a lot of room. The 31st Normandy mod uses it's own unique scripting independant of other mods for several items. We attempted as closely as possible to incorperate real world variables to all our weapons and armor penetration tables. We estimate the 1.00 version will include 3GB's + of new content.

Our biggest most time consuming hurdle to date is our current map we are working on. We are opening up our map and many of our custom objects to the public in efforts to expedite the completion of the map. The way it works is easy...IF you can use the mission editor in 2D/3D mode, then you can help us create a vast array of town's and town templates to populate our map. We've created PBO's for this purpose that include a lot of the objects that go onto the terrain so they are available in the mission editor. Once the map is complete, the mod is released in it's Alpha state.

- A list of towns and places are provided to choose from

- You select ones that are available that interest you

- You create a mission in the editor and save it as the town name

- The mission data is then used to import objects into the terrain

The bonus is, you get to work on it and give us your input at the same type which only improves the mod. Some of you that are talented in 3D object creation can submit new objects that get used on the map which you get credit for. Obviously anyone that works on the projects deserves credit where credit is due.

So if you're interested, send me a PM here or on the BIS forums and I will give you all the relevant details and point you in the right direction.

-Rip31st

Hi Rip,

really nice to hear the mod is going on. We have always fun with the actually version and hoping for the improvements of the new version.

Is it possible to release it without the map, and bring the map as standalone addon ? So it might be much earlier an release, as with the map. I think the other stuff is much more interesting then the map because also in chernarus or the other map it is really fun to play with 31st.

Greetings

P.S. Now our 31StWW2 Coop Campain uses also ACRE!

What Desiderius said I second that Hahahaha!!!

Like the last time: Me too!

There are lots of maps where the units can be brought to good mission use!

Many thanks in advance :)

A.

Like the last time: Me too!

There are lots of maps where the units can be brought to good mission use!

Many thanks in advance :)

A.

It might be possible. I would have to tidy up some things. If there was maybe a promise of some folks that would create some missions, maybe I would consider it. :D

I could make some missions. I am not the best at them.......

Talking Warfare, Domination, etc... The main multiplayer type missions.

I'm up for some multiplayer missions if you want.

I'd especially like to do a three-sided warfare mission USSR vs Western Allies vs Axis...

... and some MP-missions of my own design.

D.

It might be possible. I would have to tidy up some things. If there was maybe a promise of some folks that would create some missions, maybe I would consider it. :D

Dimitri Harkov has made many good missions for our community with the current version. With an new better version iam sure he can make many "very" good missions :D

He told me that he have plans for Dominations, Warfares and so on but is waiting for the new release.

Please give us the new version and many many missions will come to you :D

Greetings

Jack Unger

I'm up for some multiplayer missions if you want.

I'd especially like to do a three-sided warfare mission USSR vs Western Allies vs Axis...

... and some MP-missions of my own design.

D.

Then all you need to do is send me a PM.

Here some WIP Screenshots from our "Tornister Funkgerät" for our ACRE implementation in our COOP Campaign:

photo-136-beb2abb4.jpg

photo-135-01fc1b54.jpg

Greetings

Jack Unger

Edited by Desiderius

That is pretty cool

We have already been through all of the begging for an early release. I think we have PLENTY of content to play around with as is. This amazing map that Rip31st has been working on for so long is what really sets this mod apart from other World War II mods currently in production. I, for one, can wait and be patient for this team to release the content as soon as they feel that they are ready. I know that we won't be disappointed!

It won't be long

We've waited for the second release for some time and don't care to wait a little more to let them complete the map. A real or very closer to reality of WW2 map is important for such scenario. Nobody would like to see some mordern village with TV receivers above the houses again?

We've waited for the second release for some time and don't care to wait a little more to let them complete the map. A real or very closer to reality of WW2 map is important for such scenario. Nobody would like to see some mordern village with TV receivers above the houses again?

We could always use that Omaha Beach map from Arma I that one guy made with CAA1. Plus there are other available maps we can use.

We could always use that Omaha Beach map from Arma I that one guy made with CAA1. Plus there are other available maps we can use.

And then there is e.g. the great Huertgenwald map, too.

I am sure the map Rip is preparing will be excellent, but I do not see an urgent need to release map and units at the same time. :)

Of course we will be glad to accept any decision and any release date the team will make!

So again: Many thanks in advance to Rip and his team!

A.

I'm trying to get the units ready for release.

I'm trying to get the units ready for release.

Very nice! :cool:

Wanted to say Thanks to you again! I just play Arma with your ww2 mod. wont play another. just tried out unsung mod. Is pretty nice too, but ww2 is more interesting. So back to 31st Normandy mod!

When you release next beta/alpha, what ever, I will be like this: :bounce3:

Ps: have you already updated the russian helmet texture?