Sign in to follow this  
GrayHunter

RPG MODs

I know only:

- Sahrany Life - used to be no RPG at all, just stupid killing :(

- Chernarus Life - according to videos is the same like Sahrany Life :(

- City Life - is always being under constraction (beta test) and the attitude is the same like a nightmare :(

- Bay City - only for Arma 1 yet.

What good quality rpg mods are available for Arma 2 now? What mod can you recommend me for real RPG?

cool story bro, put it in the right section if you want answers.

I thought it is the right section. Could smb help me to put it in the right section pls?

Sorry that City Life is still in beta. We don't like to release stuff with out testing first. We could just release it and let it crash all the time and fill up the servers with errors in the rpt if you would like. As for the attitude you might want to shed some light on that. Every person that ask a question is always answered. Maybe you were denied entrance to the beta test and feel wronged? Sorry if this has happened to you but as we had problems with mission files, custom scripts and addons being taken and used in other so called "mods" when we had City Life for ARMA, we just don't want a repeat of that again.

You might want to consider making your own RPG if you can't find what your looking for.

Also you can search in the MP forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001

I am waiting for City Life for about a half a year with my friend and it is still impossible to play. It looks very strange due to such a great period of the time and few players. I am not able to belive in City Life any more, sorry. The only thing that can help me is the access to the City Life for me and my friend (he looks for real RPG too). I tried to do my best in different aplications and ect - it all was useless. :(

Sahrany Life is just for Arma 1 or it is able for Arma 2 also? Has it changed from the situation I described earlier?

May be I will try Chernarus Life.

Is there anything else?

Hi welcome to the forum.

First off you topic is in the wrong section and should be in : ArmA 2 - ADDONS & MODS: DISCCUSION (sinds your discussing something).

Second you should give the mod makers some time to let them make a mod and then perfect it when they have the time or if they are able to fix a problem at all wich is not always as easy as it seems. Also sinds Arma2 is based around warfare that much you must be in luck to find a exeption to that rule. You name quite a few RPG mods that have been released maybe you should look for a good and well maintained RPG community or server that follows a healty set of rules on the Arma2 VR platform. Maybe it is posible for you to provide constructive feedback to the modmakers (in there own mod topic) and youll see that it might even help put together something that you do like to be a part of!! :bounce3:

GrayHunter I search for your member name in the City Life forums and came up with nothing.

As for getting access to City Life 2 for you and your friend :confused: your just gonna have to wait till it is done.

larsiano has the right idea. You might be able to help the mod that you like along if you could help out in some way :yay:.

If you still can't find what you need I guess your gonna have to make your own RP mod or go to a diferent game altogether.:wiggle:

What is aussie life? Where can I get more information about the mod?

Prototype 001,

My nickname there was GrayHunter for a half a year. I got a message where was told that if I would have answered it in the 24 hours - I would have got access to beta test. I missed the deadline for few hours due to my study and reinstalling the windowns specialy for arma 2. I asked to forgive my missing but I was told to wait again (nobody knows how long). Then I found out that to get the access I have be known by admins. When I asked how could I have changed greatly for few hours - one of the admins (don't remember the nickname but was smth like AbCdEFg) named me b*tch. I was shocked and answered that he must have missunderstood me but some minutes later I was banned. So, a half a year of waiting was useless. :(

People, be afraid of the City Life admin - do not ask him anything - is it the correct suggestion for normal players who just want real RP without any stupid attitude?

I am waiting for City Life for about a half a year

heh, do you think addons are 5 minutes work ?

Hey GrayHunter,

Aussie Life is close community of rpgs players, it uses the caa1 map pack aswell as its own addons with large quantitys of extras. Though to save the long spill about the mod we are located at

http://gsa.bur.st/aussielife/news.php

If you would like to know anything specific please feel free to pm me.

Edited by Networktheo

There you go an answer to your question. Now you have an rpg. Sweet dreams instead of nightmares. :dance1:

Prototype 001,

My nickname there was GrayHunter for a half a year. I got a message where was told that if I would have answered it in the 24 hours - I would have got access to beta test. I missed the deadline for few hours due to my study and reinstalling the windows specially for arma 2. I asked to forgive my missing but I was told to wait again (nobody knows how long). Then I found out that to get the access I have be known by admins. When I asked how could I have changed greatly for few hours - one of the admins (don't remember the nickname but was smth like AbCdEFg) named me b*tch. I was shocked and answered that he must have misunderstood me but some minutes later I was banned. So, a half a year of waiting was useless. :(

People, be afraid of the City Life admin - do not ask him anything - is it the correct suggestion for normal players who just want real RP without any stupid attitude?

I was the Admin that banned you for the following reason

1. Your attitude stinks

2. When told what you had to do you just kept asking the same thing over and over

3. When told to wait for another admin to review your application as i don't deal with them you said why should i ("i waited half a year")

4. You say you waited 6 months yer that's true

Time spent on forum: 03:22

5. When told you where not accepted in the beta team you posted

>you bitch
I see that due to your intelligence level you must be not able even understand my questions not to mention the ability to answer them.

Have to leave the forum due to ArMaTeC. 

Networktheo, Jantemplar: thx, sounds interesting, going to try :)

armatech:

1) I was impatient.

2) I asked the same thing in different ways. (the reason is that it was difficult to understand everything you said due to clutters and slang in the TS; English is not my native language - you would have had it in mind)

3) Your attitude stinks.

4) I respect and understand developers and even was going to donate. That is why I never behave rude with developers. (I'm a developer also)

5) Excuse me if I was wrong, I will wait for the CL2 to try it and to make my own choice. I am going to play a good quality rpg mod because I am a serious player.

- wip.

Aussie Life - DM (interesting, but it is DM).

It is at the moment, and quite annoying, but we have a Christmas update that should remove nearly all of it out.

Jantemplar, are you talking about Aussie Life? What do you mean?

Yes he was talking about Aussie Life, Jantemplar along with Myself are part of the Development team for AL.

He was stating that Aussie Life in its current state can be somewhat of a DM'ing RPG, but in the near future we will have some new features to limit the amount of Death matching that can be done to hopefully nill.

He was stating that Aussie Life in its current state can be somewhat of a DM'ing RPG, but in the near future we will have some new features to limit the amount of Death matching that can be done to hopefully nill.
I can see the most difference between DM and RP in saving stats and items.

While waiting for good mods I was visited some interesting things what to do in a role play mod game as a player.

It must be interesting to make your own events. They can be passive or active (depends on the number of people).

I don't want to tell in details how I am going to organise the events below (it is connected with the protection from terrors and just stupid NRP) but if the conversation is interesting - I will.

- competition-show of car jumping over other cars

- races in a gost city with the view from a helicopter for viewers (pay tickets)

- protection o the convoy with resources by police or bountyhunters

- parad of cool cars in the main city

- competition of tires (for example) shooting (while a car is moving)

All the event can help earning money for the organisator and much RP fun for other players.

What events can you also offer?

Edited by GrayHunter