Sign in to follow this  
WKK Gimbal

Bis, will resistance have .... trains?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hidden @ April 04 2002,01:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There must be a way to connect multiple islands together and make it so that you can fly from one to another, drive across a 2km bridge or something, or take a boat. When you are going from one island to the other, a superoptimized script, mod or whatever, would automatically load the other island without noticable lag.

At least that is a dream of mine. Then railways would become really useful, to send troops, gear, tanks, ammo e.t.c.

I see a bright future for the OFP engine anyway.

BIS = wizards. You think it and they can make it biggrin.gif

Hidden<span id='postcolor'>

play hide and seek looks depressive from this point of view

but bridges, sea and railroads travels

really nice

would remember Germany and England

jus need some more planes

But it would be damn fun to have all island connect to each other and that with no lag at all, you can pass on one island to another one and be able to have lot's of activities on all of the island. Would be fun....but it's almost impossible. OFP engine would maybe support it....and maybe not. If it's not him who can't support it, than it will be are computers. What a wonderfull dream. smile.gif

But adding train to ofp would add really something!

An example of a mission (that no one as brought up yet): you and your team are in the civil train getting to a stop into an ennemy base. It's the night. Everyone sleep, the train stop...you and your man get out of the train...everyone kill the sentinel silently with the SD's. Than go to the objectives (blow up the fuel depot wink.gif and kill the commander)... after explosives plant, get back into the train...the train get out of the base...(if it's a manual one) you press the little red button...BOUM!!...while the train get away, you hear an alarm and the ennemy woke up confuse. Mission acomplish. biggrin.gif

DF2 had trains and it was cool. I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I want to pull a 007 and park a tank in front of it and shoot the train head on then jump out of the tank. He he he

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A rail-cannon? Hmmm... seems like a good idea...

But I remember in Invasion '44 site that Dawdler said it would be rather impractical...

But with Resistance's huge island, it does seem like a good idea.

What do you think Dawdler?<span id='postcolor'>

Its hard to implement... But in theory, replace a 5t Truck with an Abrams and you got a rail cannon biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 03 2002,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be really cool with trains smile.gif

I have a working beta script for a train for use in I44, with trainstops and looping and all (took me a day to make it easy to lay track waypoints in the editor, Im proud of that biggrin.gif Also took me almost a day to root out a bug that prevented the train from looping, not so proud of that wink.gif), but since its a rather complex script, it may be to slow to really be of use... Every script is another thing dragging down the framerate.

(Its rather fun to speed with a humvee alongside it, or sit in it, though curves get a bit twitchy biggrin.gif)

("It" btw, is just a 5t truck at the moment. Or, actually its three 5t trucks, more will slow down when watcthing...)<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have a screen shot of your train?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I have taken some just for you smile.gif

They are rather big so I wont place them here:

http://w1.855.telia.com/~u85528876/train1.jpg

http://w1.855.telia.com/~u85528876/train2.jpg

http://w1.855.telia.com/~u85528876/train3.jpg

They are alongside my Sten and my sound file of the Garand auto pling smile.gif (and a misshap with flares biggrin.gif)

Oh, and ignore the hint window, its just what I use for debugging purpose... Everything is a mix of Swedish and English... And ignore the text from the player, also debug smile.gif

-Edit- Btw, images doesnt really show all... Stuff like it decelerates when stopping at the "trainstation" and acelerates when driving of again... And as a sideeffect you can jump in and drive in the other direction smile.gif

-Edit2- Hm, maybe I can tell Askhan to upload it to the I44 homepage, something to go in the download section of the new page smile.gif Its still beta, and it isnt really a secret, its easy to rip things from the pbo files...

-Edit3- I use to many smilies, dont I? wink.gif

That island is not that big!

Malden is about 100km2 (or a little bit smaller)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathguy @ April 03 2002,20:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's not a news, it's something that lot's of people would like to have in Resistance.

Ya, it would be real fun to have a train!  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I know that....but I was wondering why he posted it in the New Discussion forum first tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Antichrist @ April 04 2002,08:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That island is not that big!

Malden is about 100km2 (or a little bit smaller)<span id='postcolor'>

Malden is about 70km2...so the new island will be quite a bit bigger...

It would be cool if you could walk freely through the Bus, and kill some of the passengers,(same for the train) But one thing that would be awesome, is getting into a Boeing 747, I know that's never gonna happen in OPF (Resistance) cause thats just not realistic, such an big plane landing on a small island like Everon,Malden,or Nogova, but it would be sure cool, to walk in the plane, then place satchel charges, jump out, and as you see the plane flying away, that you detonate the charges, to see the plane blow up,

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ April 04 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be cool if you could walk freely through the Bus, and kill some of the passengers,(same for the train) But one thing that would be awesome, is getting into a Boeing 747, I know that's never gonna happen in OPF (Resistance) cause thats just not realistic, such an big plane landing on a small island like Everon,Malden,or Nogova, but it would be sure cool, to walk in the plane, then place satchel charges, jump out, and as you see the plane flying away, that you detonate the charges, to see the plane blow up,<span id='postcolor'>

i got it

enterin a vehicle but not jus sittin

but walkin like a inside place

yeha

that would rok

too bad u cant see the plane fallin down

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Toolman @ April 04 2002,09:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be cool if you could walk freely through the Bus, and kill some of the passengers ...<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, if you think that is cool, just switch on the news! There is plenty of "cool" action going on for you right now!

Moving on something that is moving in OFPs world?

HA! is all I have to say about that biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ April 04 2002,01:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">[qb]You can make your missions like the A10 mission in the campaign, where you start on Everon and the it loads Kolgujev - that works OK fine.[/qb]<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Duh! Yes of course, I stand corrected wink.gif You are right, that would work just fine. I never thought of that for some reason.

And to the guy who said trains would be a nice addon idea, that is also true, there are people out there with the knowledge to make something like that.

Hidden

Is there any set date for resistance? Im buying it for sure.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And to the guy who said trains would be a nice addon idea, that is also true, there are people out there with the knowledge to make something like that.<span id='postcolor'>

Checkout page 3, one of the last posts, Im still thinking on whether that beta should be available for download or not... Its not really usefull without a real train though.

Hey Thomm, This was just an cool idea for a GAME, not for in Real Life, So dont give me that crap about what's going on in the world now, cause I know damn well what's going on, as for you zulu, I think this game will be released at mid-June,e

Forgive my morbid thoughts, but how about BIS making a new animation for the soldiers in the event of the train running over 'em? Y'know - ~~~***SSSSSSPLATTTT/SSSQUISSSHH***~~~ etc... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpetsnazWarriorX @ April 06 2002,01:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Forgive my morbid thoughts, but how about BIS making a new animation for the soldiers in the event of the train running over 'em? Y'know - ~~~***SSSSSSPLATTTT/SSSQUISSSHH***~~~  etc...  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Doooh.. I hope you are insured biggrin.gif

Imagine you are moving up a mountainside, then you hear a whistle, turn around and see a train passing by 1km from you (or less, depends on viewing distance of course). That would be grooovy. Not a demand, though, only a wish. I wish, I wish, I wish (try saying that 20 times as fast as you can and you almost sound like a train).

wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hidden @ April 06 2002,02wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish, I wish, I wish (try saying that 20 times as fast as you can and you almost sound like a train).<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif  ROFL  biggrin.gif

Hmm, a Smiley instead of the time the Quotation was originally posted ?? And the one above? I didn´t put those things there, and when I press "edit" everything looks normal...

Strange... confused.gif (that one´s real... )

definately steam engine! Running on narrow tracks curving along a mountain side, over bridges, through tunnels... damn, that would beat having a model railroad, lol!

How 'bout a simple cargo carriage for the train? As in, ability to transport a couple o' 5-T trucks and some Jeeps and so on, etc. Oh ya, and of course some of them lovely li'l stations with civilians etc. waiting to be ambushed by the enemy attack? Let mission "Take The Station" commence...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 04 2002,02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A rail-cannon? Hmmm... seems like a good idea...

But I remember in Invasion '44 site that Dawdler said it would be rather impractical...

But with Resistance's huge island, it does seem like a good idea.

What do you think Dawdler?<span id='postcolor'>

Its hard to implement... But in theory, replace a 5t Truck with an Abrams and you got a rail cannon biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Dawdler @ April 03 2002,18:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It would be really cool with trains smile.gif

I have a working beta script for a train for use in I44, with trainstops and looping and all (took me a day to make it easy to lay track waypoints in the editor, Im proud of that biggrin.gif Also took me almost a day to root out a bug that prevented the train from looping, not so proud of that wink.gif), but since its a rather complex script, it may be to slow to really be of use... Every script is another thing dragging down the framerate.

(Its rather fun to speed with a humvee alongside it, or sit in it, though curves get a bit twitchy biggrin.gif)

("It" btw, is just a 5t truck at the moment. Or, actually its three 5t trucks, more will slow down when watcthing...)<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have a screen shot of your train?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I have taken some just for you smile.gif

They are rather big so I wont place them here:

http://w1.855.telia.com/~u85528876/train1.jpg

http://w1.855.telia.com/~u85528876/train2.jpg

http://w1.855.telia.com/~u85528876/train3.jpg

They are alongside my Sten and my sound file of the Garand auto pling smile.gif (and a misshap with flares biggrin.gif)

Oh, and ignore the hint window, its just what I use for debugging purpose... Everything is a mix of Swedish and English... And ignore the text from the player, also debug smile.gif

-Edit- Btw, images doesnt really show all... Stuff like it decelerates when stopping at the "trainstation" and acelerates when driving of again... And as a sideeffect you can jump in and drive in the other direction smile.gif

-Edit2- Hm, maybe I can tell Askhan to upload it to the I44 homepage, something to go in the download section of the new page smile.gif Its still beta, and it isnt really a secret, its easy to rip things from the pbo files...

-Edit3- I use to many smilies, dont I? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm seing like nothing in those pic!! Can you take another pic or two but in the day please!?? smile.gif