Sign in to follow this  
mondkalb

Kellu Island

Great island!

But these two building in Kellu (marked) are a little bit weird.:)

erggr.th.jpg

I know. And when I discovered that, it was quite too late. Im very embarrassed.

Expect a major update this weekend. :)

Very nice work. Feels like a nice compromise between Japahto (speed) and Chernarus (looks).

This terrain is stunning, but I have found a bit of a bug when it comes to using the map with lower terrain settings... a picture says a thousand words

This is on several islands so far. I dont know if its the makers "fault" or if BIS needs to do something. First map in A2 that had that was Namalsk. Terrain Detail below HIGH will show that. Hope it gets sorted.

Man, Kellu lags heavily on my PC. Who could be the culprit?

I have no particular idea. Did you check the obvious like Graphic-details? But if Kellu Island has particular performance drops, I think it's a definite thing wrong with the Island.

This is on several islands so far. I dont know if its the makers "fault" or if BIS needs to do something. First map in A2 that had that was Namalsk. Terrain Detail below HIGH will show that. Hope it gets sorted.

Sgt.Ace had found a solution to this problem. (-> Link) I'm going to fix it the next Weekend.

Oh nice thanks for the headsup Mondkalb! :)

Also - thank you very much for this island. Contrary to what IceBreakr is experiencing with Kellu i have superb performance on it. And even though there is a million(?) bushes in it. :D I love the forests due to all that lushness given by the bushes. And i dig hard the very nice textured fields etc. Clean and rugged at the same time. Just love it.

Thank you!

Alex

Niiiicce, Glad to hear it's getting fixed, now I can properly enjoy this great landscape.

Good work Mond

Thank you all. :)

And i dig hard the very nice textured fields etc. Clean and rugged at the same time.

I've even made my own potato plants to put them on those fields.

I noticed that the tater plants were actually tater plants, small detail but I was impressed. the watch tower structure is outstanding. nice touch with the bulletin board, btw. you could have lots of fun with that on future updates. the density of the forests is also nicely done. one request - this needs a couple of small islands as temp respawn points for warfare (quick and dirty warfare!). when i try to use the rocky island west of mainland, temp respawn places me on west coast of mainland instead.

I have no particular idea. Did you check the obvious like Graphic-details?

Mondkalb sorry, I had set 10km distance, that doesn't work well with forests ;) i'm in desert for weeks now and forgot to reset when testing your fine work *blush*

had the same problem but it was user error. placed the map in directory under @MGB but wrote @Kellu in my shortcut target.

one request - this needs a couple of small islands as temp respawn points for warfare (quick and dirty warfare!).

Oh yes... I totally forgot those. This weekend everything will be fine. :)

sweetness. what started out as a small test has turned into a port of bennys @ace warfare to your island. 21 capture points (towns, castles, woods areas and hills) should make for fast and furious warfare fun. will be testing it with my group this week.

had the same problem but it was user error. placed the map in directory under @MGB but wrote @Kellu in my shortcut target.

And that makes sense because...???

Anyway I am using a launcher. I don't modify shortcuts.

Anyone?

and you try to demean someone who tries to help you because...?? this is a common mistake and will make sense to those who dont use launchers.

Awsome island!

I love the parking lots and alleyways behind the buildings.

Handful of areas for potential improvement:

* There seem to be almost no enterable buildings in the bigger towns. Especially enterable houses you'd expect on the frindges (for important mission locations, etc).

* Here and there (especially on the hills), there are huge empty spaces that seem kind of odd... Like there should be more variety.

* The forests could use a bit more density, as they currently kind of feel like walking through a park.

I do love the towns and the mine, and the general feel of the island. Overall, great effort!!! :)

and you try to demean someone who tries to help you because...?? this is a common mistake and will make sense to those who dont use launchers.

Wow? When did I try to demean anyone? It was a question!

Well I solved it. I downloaded another launcher and now everything works.