Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

Is it possible the smoke be optional, or at least the added frequency of it? :)

Is it possible the smoke be optional, or at least the added frequency of it? :)

frecuncy would be variable and depending on situation, could be posible to add a variable KRON_UPS_SMOKEGRENADES = true; on init_upsmon. You cand disable it

That sounds good, too.

How long do you think does it take to implement the new feature?

I am testing a new mission with UPSMON this evening - would be great to test it with the new script including the smoke-grenades-feature. Is this possible?

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

frecuncy would be variable and depending on situation, could be posible to add a variable KRON_UPS_SMOKEGRENADES = true; on init_upsmon. You cand disable it

That would be great! thanks

In any case I must wait a little, if bugs on 5.0.3 or some other news.

Monsada, regarding the Dev-Heaven Project Space, i have talked to Sickboy and like you can imagine this awesome guy is veeeerrrryyy busy, so you should contact "the next guy" from Dev-Heaven Management.

You can choose from "Kju" or "Squelch".... i guess both are registered here and are active - about "Kju" i am very certain about it.

Do you already registered a account at Dev-heaven?

In any case, i can assist you with managing of your own project space at Dev-heaven if you like, for instance with ticket assigning, wiki-entries, etc. etc....

Monsada!

Thank you very much to fix that bug!!! I tried it and worked fine.

Yo creo, los espanoles son el mejor escritor de script, porque tu y Mandoble.

Monsada, regarding the Dev-Heaven Project Space, i have talked to Sickboy and like you can imagine this awesome guy is veeeerrrryyy busy, so you should contact "the next guy" from Dev-Heaven Management.

You can choose from "Kju" or "Squelch".... i guess both are registered here and are active - about "Kju" i am very certain about it.

Do you already registered a account at Dev-heaven?

In any case, i can assist you with managing of your own project space at Dev-heaven if you like, for instance with ticket assigning, wiki-entries, etc. etc....

kju contacted me, at last, I have the space but I don't know how to enter. I would be pleased that you could teach me. Send me an email to chs.monsada@gmail.com and I will tell you my skipe. I hope my poor english don't be a problem.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Monsada!

Thank you very much to fix that bug!!! I tried it and worked fine.

Yo creo, los espanoles son el mejor escritor de script, porque tu y Mandoble.

Thanks to you. Im happy to have solved it.

Edited by Monsada

Hello Monsada!

I was thinking a little bit about the cover-feature we talked about yestersday. The best thing i guess would be to implement a new command like "nofollow" or "fortify" which is called "cover". Groups with cover in the init throw smoke and try to find cover behind walls and buildings after they got attacked from far and they dont leave their area.

The main reason for that: Yesterday we played a mission where all enemies are controlled by UPSMON. Some groups got the fortify-command, some got the nofollow-command. The problem is that in cities where almost all houses are closed the soldiers with fortify-command are standing in front of the house looking at the door which isnt that realistic. After we fired from a hill with sniper-rifles all ai with nofollow-command are getting on their way try to search for us. The whole city was empty because all groups are running up the hills searching for us.

I think a cover-feature can solve this problem, because the soldiers with the cover-command would still stay in the city.

I really hope that this would be possible to implement!

By the way: Could you explain the feature "There is a General commander of IA that organize the atack of all groups of IA." a little bit more (maybe with a video?), because i dont know how to use it."

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Hello just a quick question, if a squad of lets say 4 go on patrol around a forest and they spot a enemy group of 20, will they engage or will they wait for renforcments before attacking, if not is there a way of doing this??

@SteveJA360

I think at the moment the 4 soldiers are going to call for reinforcement while they are going to attack the group of 20 soldiers. They dont wait for reinforcement to arrive.

Hello just a quick question, if a squad of lets say 4 go on patrol around a forest and they spot a enemy group of 20, will they engage or will they wait for renforcments before attacking, if not is there a way of doing this??

This would be a fine news to do!!! Good thinking!!that is the more realistic. when AI detect a forces greatest in a percentage X than them they will call for reinforcement and guard the position until reinforcement arrives.

Hello Monsada!

I was thinking a little bit about the cover-feature we talked about yestersday. The best thing i guess would be to implement a new command like "nofollow" or "fortify" which is called "cover". Groups with cover in the init throw smoke and try to find cover behind walls and buildings after they got attacked from far and they dont leave their area.

The main reason for that: Yesterday we played a mission where all enemies are controlled by UPSMON. Some groups got the fortify-command, some got the nofollow-command. The problem is that in cities where almost all houses are closed the soldiers with fortify-command are standing in front of the house looking at the door which isnt that realistic. After we fired from a hill with sniper-rifles all ai with nofollow-command are getting on their way try to search for us. The whole city was empty because all groups are running up the hills searching for us.

I think a cover-feature can solve this problem, because the soldiers with the cover-command would still stay in the city.

I really hope that this would be possible to implement!

By the way: Could you explain the feature "There is a General commander of IA that organize the atack of all groups of IA." a little bit more (maybe with a video?), because i dont know how to use it."

First tell u that "no-follow" is only for avoiding AI to exit mark but is a parameter from UPS of kromzik I think this is a bug now because I don't use it when enemy detected.

The parameter of cover is no necesary, this is implicit on "fortify" and in a less mesure in "nomove". To solve AI engage you must find the balance between "nomove" or "fortify" squads and rest. Keep in mind that if you don't put any of these parameters default is "move" and "move" squads will almost always engage you.

The problems of AI facing the door of buildings is a trouble when moving AI to some building pos, I need to find the manner of doing AI facing on I want, I tried dowath but only turns head, I tried setdir but does not the transition animation of turning and is very ugly, when a find the maner I will can do AI face on target and not facing the door.

Edited by Monsada

This would be a fine news to do!!! Good thinking!!that is the more realistic. when AI detect a forces greatest in a percentage X than them they will call for reinforcement and guard the position until reinforcement arrives.

I supose an addition of features such as shadowing the enemy group from a distance would be helpfull, therfore to stop the ai spotting a target and then standing still while the enemy move off.

This would also add a great feature to the game, for you will have to keep a watch behind so to make sure that no one is following, or take routes that will confuse/lose enemys if they are following, adding to the emertion* and dare i say it the "scary factor" lol

hi all :)

I've created a mission with these scprits thanks for the author :). I used them for ennemies ai but I can see the blue dialog. How can I get them off ?

Seems than many people don't read all instructions, well I put how to quit messages in the init of main post

To turn of messages and marks on map edit init_upsmon.sqf and set debug to 0

KRON_UPS_Debug = 0;

ok nice thank you for your help sorry my english is not very good :)

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

and it's working niiiiice thank you very much :)

I really like this kind off thinking, currently AI seem to engage no matter what the odds... but AI that can weigh up the odds and call for reinforcements sounds awesome, and also SteveJA360s other idea off shadowing...

Im starting to think of what AI would do if player forced engagement if said AI were spotted shadowing or just spotted in general, i would for once like to see AI get out of the area completely and regroup rather than fight to the death.

That would make for some interesting fighting, because if you engage with a smaller force and suddenly there is no return fire you have to think have you eliminated all of them, or have they left the area? thats considering the engagement takes place with cover around and not out in the open.

Then you're in a dilemma because probably reinforcements have been called, do you leave the area quickly before reinforcements arrive? do you set up position to fight reinforcements or do oyu hunt down original targets?

Ahh im just rambling and dreaming on but yeah it would be cool to have AI think like that :)

I thought, if a 6 squad see 18 soldiers near, scale 1/3, they will comunicate enemy presence to comander, then they stealth and guard position, and give each unit a percentage of fleing, this may be will do AI to retreat to safe positions until they recover.

Doing this will give AI intelligence for not engaging to much superior enemy and if too too much superior enemy they will retreat.

Yes please :)

Edited by Katipo66

You are very welcome Arkon2! :)

Yes, the init file is .sqf

Will do! And look forward to seeing your mission! :D

My best, Splicer.

is there a to make ai respawn with this