Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

I think so.... Why shouldn't they? I don't think there is a general "need" to use the Six-Updater System, if you want to allude into that direction :p

And neither would it makes sense, since its "only" a script...

Yeah im thinkn that also, But had to ask cos im unable to use the updater:o

HI Monsada,

little issue:

during game not all area markers disappear:

I think only "first three" disappear, the fourth one remain visible on the map. (reproduce problem Arma1.05+ACE: you can notice it in your sample missions -> area marker over Streika.)

and question:

What are these blue red redcross circles on the map used for ?

Regards, super stuff.

hi Rafalski,

area markers that not disapear does because they are not being used by upsmon squads. Make sure almost one squad uses that marker. If you talk about test missions I upload may be I do not use all markers in all test a have uploaded.

About red and blue circles and cross are debug markers only, I use them to see where is the nearest known target an red and blue circles are the posibles flanking positions.

Thats rights,

second question:

Area markers are always visible in the briefing just before you start the mission. Looking at them you know where expect patrols.

How to make them not visible.

Many thanks!

yes is a trouble that, because during briefing upsmon not run yet.

I solve this puting setareamarkeralpha in init.sqf like this

"FUEL" setMarkerAlpha 0;

"TOWN" setMarkerAlpha 0;

"TOWNN" setMarkerAlpha 0;

"TOWNW" setMarkerAlpha 0;

"TOWNE" setMarkerAlpha 0;

"TOWNS" setMarkerAlpha 0;

Super, this hint should be add to the official faq about upsmon.

Thanks a lot.

Q:

Do AI use static fortifications as small bunkers to hide there and shoot from there.

Edited by Rafalski

I don't test all static weapons, If static must go well. With buildings im not sure, test it and tell me.

with Static weapons AI work super :)

but AI do not use fortification objects as small bunkers. Would be great to add this feature.

Edited by Rafalski

I will see it, If posible I will add it.

Hi bardosy, this seems you are not executing init_upsmon in init.sqf as I explain in main post.

try to put this in init.sqf and only in init.sqf

//Init UPSMON scritp

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

if it not solves the problem send me your mision by email to check it. chs.monsada@gmail.com

Hey Mondasa,

did you got my mission via e-mail? I sent you, because it not solved the problem.

The main problem is, this errors don't occurse always, jut a few hour of gameplay later. So, the units (used your script) work well until a moment, when they drop that error message.

with Static weapons AI work super :)

but AI do not use fortification objects as small bunkers. Would be great to add this feature.

where are these small bunkers? because I put bunker with M2 and runs ok. Tell how to finde the object in editor.

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

Hi bardosy,

I have got your mission. If the problem don't ocurs always I would need the report too, I will find the problem.

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Monsada, you are right! The ArmA2 didn't logged that error, but logged an other one:

[/code]

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <

_trg setTriggerTimeout [1,1,1,false];

sleep 1 + (random 1);

_l=[];

_l=list _tr>

Error position: <sleep 1 + (random 1);

_l=[];

_l=list _tr>

Error General error in the expression

File C:\Documents and Settings\Lacko\Dokumentumok\ArmA 2\missions\04_Rus04.Chernarus\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 154

Error in expression <s=KRON_AllRes+[_x]; };

};

};

} forEach _l;

_l = nil;

if (isNil("KRON_UPS_Debug>

Error position: <_l;

_l = nil;

Error Unknown variable in the expression: _l

File C:\Documents and Settings\Lacko\Dokumentumok\ArmA 2\missions\04_Rus04.Chernarus\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 172

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <

_trg setTriggerTimeout [1,1,1,false];

sleep 1 + (random 1);

_l=[];

_l=list _tr>

Error position: <sleep 1 + (random 1);

_l=[];

_l=list _tr>

Error General error in the expression

File C:\Documents and Settings\Lacko\Dokumentumok\ArmA 2\missions\04_Rus04.Chernarus\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 154

Error in expression <s=KRON_AllRes+[_x]; };

};

};

} forEach _l;

_l = nil;

Error position: <_l;

_l = nil;

Error Unknown variable in the expression: _l

File C:\Documents and Settings\Lacko\Dokumentumok\ArmA 2\missions\04_Rus04.Chernarus\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 172

[/code]

These errors are because you were not executing Init_UPSMON.sqf in init.sqf. Init_UPSMON.sqf runs one time on mision start and exit so this errors aren't your problem of five hours later.

I don't know the errors you get five hours of play.

And yestarday I continue to test my missions and I could capture this image with error:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8779/upsmonerror76.jpg

I hope, I can help to perfect your script! Keep up the good work!

I don't understand rus, I will need the report arma.rpt to see the error and the code line.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Hey, I tested this script yesterday. I don't used all of features. The only I need is a better AI:

1., groups communicate

2., flanking manouver

3., use static weapons

4., use smoke grenades

2, and 3, worked fine, but I'm not sure in 1. and absolutley nothing in 4.,

Any suggestion, how can I set in the init (or anywhere else) the groups use smoke grenade and share the info?

Anyway: muchas gracias! Los commentos (en el script) estan en espanol y muy dificil entender... :)

In your mission you have:

KRON_UPS_comradio = 0;

with 0 you have disabled radio between squads. For correct comunication of enemies between squads you must put this instead:

KRON_UPS_comradio = 2;

I don't understand rus, I will need the report arma.rpt to see the error and the code line.

It's not in Russian, it's hungaro... :D And it means: "general error in the expression"

As you mentioned it before - and suprised me: ArmA2 DIDN'T log this error in the RPT. What I found in the RPT, I posted in a previous post. But this error was not in the RPT, so I could only screenshot it...

Not five (5!!!) hour, but a few, several, couple of...

What did you mean with this:

Init_UPSMON.sqf runs one time on mision start and exit so this errors aren't your problem of five hours later.

Did you noticed I run the Init_UPSMON.sqf in the init.sqf... It runs in the begining of the mission, then I played an hour (with this mission) and once I got this mission. As I detected, this error occurse if my squad is near to the enemy controlled your script. This is the moment when they detect me. Before they detect enemy, they just patrol without any error.

Could it caused, because of saveGame?

I mean it's a single player mode... I use saveGame and sometimes I saved as a player too and if I died in the mission I reload the last saved position. Could case this error?

where are these small bunkers? because I put bunker with M2 and runs ok.

empty->objects(fortification)->Bunker(small)

I did more test "fortify" and AI use small bunkers, indead. Sorry my mistake.

but two things

1. The leader never goes inside, alway stay outside. He gives order but never goes in self.

2. Only one guy occupied the bunker. (one per each tested with 4 AI, 2 bunkers)

Sample mission, leader does not go into bunker

Edited by Rafalski

It's not in Russian, it's hungaro... :D And it means: "general error in the expression"

As you mentioned it before - and suprised me: ArmA2 DIDN'T log this error in the RPT. What I found in the RPT, I posted in a previous post. But this error was not in the RPT, so I could only screenshot it...

Not five (5!!!) hour, but a few, several, couple of...

What did you mean with this:

Did you noticed I run the Init_UPSMON.sqf in the init.sqf... It runs in the begining of the mission, then I played an hour (with this mission) and once I got this mission. As I detected, this error occurse if my squad is near to the enemy controlled your script. This is the moment when they detect me. Before they detect enemy, they just patrol without any error.

Could it caused, because of saveGame?

I mean it's a single player mode... I use saveGame and sometimes I saved as a player too and if I died in the mission I reload the last saved position. Could case this error?

I have reproduced error of image, is strange, I think I solved it.

I noticed than alive do not get instant false when soldier died and this does troubles on doing orders to soldiers, solved too controlling it with canmove also.

Im doing a total war for testing, I hope can release it soon.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Any updates on a Dev-heaven Project Space?

I sent a email to sickboy, mail from dev-heaven (sb@dev-heaven.net) but no answer. :(

I don't know what to do

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

empty->objects(fortification)->Bunker(small)

I did more test "fortify" and AI use small bunkers, indead. Sorry my mistake.

but two things

1. The leader never goes inside, alway stay outside. He gives order but never goes in self.

2. Only one guy occupied the bunker. (one per each tested with 4 AI, 2 bunkers)

Sample mission, leader does not go into bunker

Ok I see is a building, mmm, there are problems with some buildings, that soldiers do not get inside, I can do nothing with this.

1. I tell leader not to enter because then he can control all from outside.

2. depending on size of building enter more or less, less than 9 positions only 1 soldier, u may put 2 squads for double that number.

Edited by Monsada

New Version released 5.0.3

//Version: 5.0.3

// Added

// KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist = 800

// KRON_UPS_EAST_SURRENDER, KRON_UPS_WEST_SURRENDER,KRON_UPS_GUER_SURRENDER

// Set percentaje of forces for surrender.

// Main control for all squads, doing comon proceses and saving performance.

// surrended.sqf script for enabling AI surrended to join your squad, must be executed in each client with trigger

// when KRON_UPS_EAST_SURRENDED or KRON_UPS_WEST_SURRENDED or KRON_UPS_GUER_SURRENDED

// Trigger condition: KRON_UPS_EAST_SURRENDED

// Trigger on act: nul=[east] execvm "scripts\surrended.sqf";

// Modified:

// Fixed Bug with resistance forces detected as enemies when not parametriced as enemy

// Fixed bug check if dead leader before moving.

// Fixed bug, "alive" not always returns someone is dead instanctly so controlled with canmove.

// Fixed bug, error _vehicle object expected.

// Controled not doing paradroop on water.

Sample mision with 3 sides, west allied with resistance versus east, all squads with UPSMON.

Downloads:

Link1

Link2

Edited by Monsada

New Version released 5.0.3

Sample mision with 3 sides, west allied with resistance versus east, all squads with UPSMON.

Downloads:

Link1

Thanks, but link does not work

Hello Monsada!

Hope you´re doing well? I got one question: Two of your new fixes are called "Fixed bug check if dead leader before moving" and "Fixed bug, alive not always returns someone is dead instanctly so controlled with canmove.".

That sounds interesting for me because i currently got the problem that sometimes in a couple of missions using the UPSMON-script a "dead soldier" is walking around and shooting (as i told you 2 weeks ago).

Does these two new "features" fix that problem? Do you encountered dead soldiers moving, too?

By the way: Is there a way to make the ai use more often smoke grenades?

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Hello Monsada!

Hope you´re doing well? I got one question: Two of your new fixes are called "Fixed bug check if dead leader before moving" and "Fixed bug, alive not always returns someone is dead instanctly so controlled with canmove.".

That sounds interesting for me because i currently got the problem that sometimes in a couple of missions using the UPSMON-script a "dead soldier" is walking around and shooting (as i told you 2 weeks ago).

Does these two new "features" fix that problem? Do you encountered dead soldiers moving, too?

Yes madmike, I thought that when leader orders a soldier to move or somthing arma2 in low level checked if it was posible, but I noticed that not always, because of this bug.

In my case I found a dead soldier moving inside a static weapon, I solved it, don't ask me why, but in some situations a soldiers seems to be dead but asking for alive tell true, I supose that is inconscient or not buffered correctly the alive. I put then another control, canmove, with canmove no fails, maybe alive returns true but canmove returns false because is inconscient and seems dead.

Try it and tell me if you see it again, you shouldn't.

Edited by Monsada

That sounds great. :)

Is there a way to make the ai use smoke-grenades way more often?

Not is the first time people demands it, maybe I must to create a parameter for that.

Nowadays leader use smoke grenades only when supresed by fire, for covering and in a random situations.

Maybe I would implement it in other situations too, as when moving with enemy in close range, or more probable when enemy near and in open range (no nearest building in 50 meters) .

Any suggestion?

Edited by Monsada

"enemy in close range" and "when enemy near and in open range" sounds good.

It also would be great if they use smoke-grenades when ai is under fire by targets they dont see well. One example: I lay on a moutain with my squad and shoot with sniperrifles from the hill down at the ai in a village. The ai should throw smoke and try to get cover. That would be great.

"enemy in close range" and "when enemy near and in open range" sounds good.

It also would be great if they use smoke-grenades when ai is under fire by targets they dont see well. One example: I lay on a moutain with my squad and shoot with sniperrifles from the hill down at the ai in a village. The ai should throw smoke and try to get cover. That would be great.

great!! is easy to implement, I have this circunstance in upsmon but I don't think about throwing a smoke grenade!!