Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

This is done in order to not having helis flying all time, but you are right may be they would not land.

Yes this is done because of ambush they must mantain fire for a while for better ambush, has no sense to move instantly

No, what I mean is that after the ambush started and everyone is shooting and running around, the leader still doesn't move.

When not in combat they land near target position of patrol. They must continue patrolling but almost sure they will do by food unless patrol area is too big, in this case AI will getin and when reaches new position land ...

if this is your problem you can do:

1 - do patrol area more little.

2 - increse KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist acording to the size patrol areas

3 - If you want heli always flying and not to getout can put "nowp" and do the patrol by yourself by waypoints.

mmm case 3 is a real situation, for controlling it i could add initial behaviour as parameter, in safe mode has no sense AI are wasting fuel flying, but in aware or in combat yes, if you could tell AI his initial behaviour it could be controlled if SAFE or CARELESS land of course, if not continue in hely, not landing.

Edited by Monsada

Hey Monsa,

I am using user defined runtime made zones that are filled with user defined runtime paramaters on runtime spawned units. (MCC).

1 No matter the size the helicopter goes land. It will never get up again unless there is a reason. While in fact i love the landing part but not that it doesnt patrol. After all, its meant to be air patrol.

2 I have no idea what this does influence for the air patrol.

3 Not an option as i want them to patrol because i cant create waypoints myself. Its runtime build. Ofc i can but that would be doing upsmon all over again.

Hi spirit, Im interested on in would you like to submit your mission when is finished?

Put it here please:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/boards/86

2 - try to increase KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist to 800 or 1000 and tell me please

I gave you a pm about it.

Also i think i know what causes the issue on the helicopter. The helicopter gets a waypoint to land right. But that position is not always where it lands. So it might be to far off from the waypoint so the script is waiting for it to get there.

What i have seen now is this:

When i spawn a helicopter with crew, it will land.

I also spawn a squad.

then i move the zone:

What happens:

The landed helicopter waits.

The squad gets in the helicopter.

The squad gets out and moves on foot.

The helicopter then moves also to the new zone.

=======================================

When i spawn an empty helicopter then the squad will take it and fly to the new zone doing a paradrop and land the helicopter with remaining crew.

============================

One other issue i noticed. I spawned EAST guys and they immidiately surrender. I think this has to do with no EAST guys on the map when i spawned them.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

I think i found the issue for surrender withs spawns. The surrender has to be reset as the spawns have probably other idea's then surrender. Also the totals were not correct so the check made them quite instantly.

In the upsmon script, at the location of the code for spawned units the totals are not set.

//spawned for squads createds in runtime
_spawned= if ("SPAWNED" in _UCthis) then {true} else {false};
if (_spawned) then {
switch (side _npc) do {
	case west:
	{ 	KRON_AllWest=KRON_AllWest + units _npc; 
		[b]KRON_UPS_WEST_SURRENDED = false; 
		KRON_UPS_West_Total = count KRON_AllWest;[/b]		

};
	case east:
	{  	KRON_AllEast=KRON_AllEast + units _npc;
[b]		KRON_UPS_EAST_SURRENDED = false; 
		KRON_UPS_East_Total = count KRON_AllEast;[/b]		};
	case resistance:
	{  	
		KRON_AllRes=KRON_AllRes + units _npc; 
[b]		KRON_UPS_GUER_SURRENDED = false; 
		KRON_UPS_Guer_Total = count KRON_AllRes;	[/b]	
		if (east in KRON_UPS_Res_enemy ) then {	
			KRON_UPS_East_enemies = KRON_UPS_East_enemies+units _npc;
		} else {
			KRON_UPS_East_friends = KRON_UPS_East_friends+units _npc;
		}; 
		if (west in KRON_UPS_Res_enemy ) then {
			KRON_UPS_West_enemies = KRON_UPS_West_enemies+units _npc;
		} else {
			KRON_UPS_West_friends = KRON_UPS_West_friends+units _npc;
		};				
	};		
};
call (compile format ["KRON_UPS_%1_Total=KRON_UPS_%1_Total + count (units _npc)",_x]); 		
};

Edited by spirit6

"One other issue i noticed. I spawned EAST guys and they immidiately surrender. I think this has to do with no EAST guys on the map when i spawned them."

Yes you are right is a bug, I have working on respawn parameter and find it too.

I have released a beta that implements a RESPAWN parameter so AI squad when all dies will respawn on the same conditions where created.

I solved spawned bug too.

I added behavieur control on landing hely when near targetpos, only will land if are in safe or careless mode so if you want not to land change behavieur before executing UPSMON. If you feel one better solution tell me.

is set but is not correct, I put _x when I must put _side or side _npc, it is solved in beta 5.0.6

call (compile format ["KRON_UPS_%1_Total=KRON_UPS_%1_Total + count (units _npc)",_x]);

You will find it here.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/files

Edited by Monsada

im making a mission where you control a mixed company. after breaching russian lines i want my men to engage in street to street fighting with russians.

can i use this with HC?

AFAIK HC gives waypoints to units and in no way would be compatible with this, though you can probably use the new "nowp" parameter for them so that they share information with UPSMON groups that are not under your HC.

Yeah, zeus AI is great to have regardless of whether you use this script or not, as it does not affect the same things that this script does. Zeus AI mostly changes the combat skills of AI, such as accuracy and detection abilities, while this script tells the AI where to go and who to engage. Pretty much unrelated stuff that work together just great.

This is a great script, but I also get CTD if I had a reinforcement-group placed on map. The crash seems to happend soon after they are planning to use a car in alarmed status. I have this activated for the group (_CG4) and marker area "alue2":

nul=[leader _CG4,"alue2","reinforcement"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

I had a empty UAZ placed next to reinforcement-group but they headed somewhere to more distant car and some 10 seconds later the CTD happened.

I am using latest script, newest beta and vanilla game without any mods.

btw. What is the "MOVE"-parameter for in many examples? I cant find the description for that.

Edited by SaOk

I thought "MOVE" was the default and is not really needed? That is if you use no parameters or use the "MOVE" parameter the result would be the same?

This is a great script, but I also get CTD if I had a reinforcement-group placed on map. The crash seems to happend soon after they are planning to use a car in alarmed status. I have this activated for the group (_CG4) and marker area "alue2":
nul=[leader _CG4,"alue2","reinforcement"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

I had a empty UAZ placed next to reinforcement-group but they headed somewhere to more distant car and some 10 seconds later the CTD happened.

I am using latest script, newest beta and vanilla game without any mods.

btw. What is the "MOVE"-parameter for in many examples? I cant find the description for that.

Have you test it without vanilla? cdt still happen? if so submit the mission, and explain how to reproduce it.

Have you test it without vanilla? cdt still happen? if so submit the mission, and explain how to reproduce it.

I meant the original game without any mods with the word "vanilla" so I cant remove it. ;) But I am not sure if the beta patch is causing the CTD.

I will try to make a separate testing mission if I can reproduce the bug in that. The bigger mission which had the bug is still too unfinished and comprehensive (with over 130 scripts and other stuff) to understand without frustration.

The CTD occured in heavily destroyed village (Novy Sobor) with destroyed cars everywhere and other manned non-UPSMON related vehicles nearby. I will try to test if some of those caused the error or if I could find other potencial reason.

now just how good is it? can i hav a squad of russians and a squad of marines enter a city from different directions and have an exciting gun battle?

Is there a way to somehow terminate the script?

I have some units patroling an area, but after a while i need them to stop patroling and continue a rute set via WPs.

Any ideas how to achive this?

I thought the "NAMED" parameter was used for that? That way you can set a variable to false and the script will exit for that unit's group?

What I wonder is if now with the "NOWP" parameter we can use the script as "NAMED", then abort it and re-run it with "NOWP" so that while they are traveling on their waypoints they will still correctly report contacts to UPSMON?

I had no CDT, but I upload beta 2 for testing, with some bugs corrected, please report if troubles gone.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/files

I got the CTD also with the new beta 2. I followed the reinforcement group who were heading to combat "vehicle". The game crashed when the group leader enter a nearby small building throught a door. It was a non-enterable small hut with door that ambient civilians use. :S

Edit: Now the game crashed even when I didnt have any reinforcement groups. The two normal groups with

nul=[leader _CG4,"alue2","move"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

and

nul=[leader _CG3,"alue1"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

init lines were also trying to get in a unknown combat vehicle soon after the enemy contact and little later the game crashed.

I would maybe guess that the groups think some of the houses as combat vehicles and when they enter then the game may crash.

Edited by SaOk

I still wonder what you use to tell whether the AI sees enemies or not, as every method I tried to use will still tell me the AI sees you for quite a while after he no longer sees you. For example "detected by" triggers will stay true for ~1-2 minutes even if there is only 1 enemy in the mission that detected you and you either go out of his LOS or straight out kill him.

Using knowsAbout value also doesn't work, as while it does get set to 0 when the enemy is dead, it says on 4 for a few minutes after he loses track of you, so again the script could think he knows where you are long after you've disappeared.

If you use any better method, please share ;)