Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

Any news about incoming releases?

Yeah............duck.

Any news about incoming releases?

There's been like 6 in the past few weeks. Check the thread for the links.

Don't spam for updates, just a hint. ;)

Thanks Monsada, I'll try that.

Sorry....

But I was referring to any new features that the author would like to introduce in the future

Edited by fideco

Have you tried the newest versions? I thought most of what he's discussed here has been added. Either way, it's a fantastic script.

UPSMON 5.0.6 relesed

// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Added:
// Parameter "RESPAWN" for alowing respawn UPSMON squads when all are dead
// "aware","combat","stealth" and "careless" added as a parameter so you can define default behaviour of squad
// Added AI stuff for water
// AI aware if find dead bodies
// Added fixed positions for reinforcement squads, those squads that have a reinforcement ID can be set reinforcement position by seting KRON_UPS_reinforcement"x"_pos = position; sample
// reinforcement: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmo.../Reinforcement
// Added Artillery module: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmo...tillery_module
// Added spawn module: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/wiki/MON_spawn
// Modified:
// Solved bug in SPAWNED that not refreshed correctly army counters
// If in walk mode and safe will land hely.
// When Hely in squad column formation can not be used, last member assigned as driver
// Detected bug with VEE formation, some times AI don't change vehaviour, changed to wedge
// Folder estructure modified to gather upsmon scripts this will no affect already missions.
// Improved AI response under Supress fire in combat situation
// Avoid hurt soldiers than can not stand to get in vehicles and buildings
// Avoid to patrol in damaged buildings
// avoid bugged clases such as "BIS_alice_emptydoor";
// AI try to get in combat vehicles
// Performance optimization.
// Realistic reaction of squads depending on distance to target
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Updated first post

Visit UPSMON project for more info

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/wiki

Beautiful! Thanks for all the hard work. This thing is legendary already! Hopefully soon I'll release a few missions using this. I've already updated one of my SP missions to use this instead of the original UPS and the difference is astounding! As long as I can stop tweaking UPSMON in the mission I'll be able to release the update. Unfortunately the script is so fun to play with and tweak that I keep finding more things to add and the update just goes on. Oh well not like that's a bad thing. Fun for me, probably not so fun for the people waiting for this update!! :)

Thanks again!

when they respawn in the sample mission they just surrender :( why?

when they respawn in the sample mission they just surrender :( why?

You can change the surrendering:

//Percentage of units to surrender.
KRON_UPS_EAST_SURRENDER = 10;
KRON_UPS_WEST_SURRENDER = 10;
KRON_UPS_GUER_SURRENDER = 15;

It's probably cause they are overrun already and when the first one spawns briefly he's the only one so I wonder if that sets it off again and when the others spawn they follow suit.

I really have no clue there, just a guess.

i killed my west team m8s to see the respawn and they surrendered,im assuming its just because there the only west units on the board so the unit count down to 10% happens..

question what if the template squad is long dead with no respawn can you still use the template with a trigger to spawn the squad?

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

oh and i see the reinforcement has a reinforce:,1 now

does that spawn a reinforcement squad or would that call on another squad on the map with id 1 and if so how to set that up?

will just spawn:1 still work for my older mission?

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

nul = [1,position player,1,["town2","respawn"]] EXECVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

i see the first parameter 1 is the id right? what is the second 1 for?

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

i killed my west team m8s to see the respawn and they surrendered,im assuming its just because there the only west units on the board so the unit count down to 10% happens..

question what if the template squad is long dead with no respawn can you still use the template with a trigger to spawn the squad?

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 PM ----------

oh and i see the reinforcement has a reinforce:,1 now

does that spawn a reinforcement squad or would that call on another squad on the map with id 1 and if so how to set that up?

will just spawn:1 still work for my older mission?

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote:

nul = [1,position player,1,["town2","respawn"]] EXECVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

i see the first parameter 1 is the id right? what is the second 1 for?

ok i see now the second number is for number of squads but at once or overall?

It's probably cause they are overrun already and when the first one spawns briefly he's the only one so I wonder if that sets it off again and when the others spawn they follow suit.

I really have no clue there, just a guess.[/quote

i changed the perentages to 0, then 100, they still surrrender

change it to 0 and it turns surrender off

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

sorry for the dumb questions monsada , im answering them myslef playing around with it...

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

im getting 2 allied squads when i call in alpha shouldnt i only get 1?

change it to 0 and it turns surrender off

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

sorry for the dumb questions monsada , im answering them myslef playing around with it...

---------- Post added at 01:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

im getting 2 allied squads when i call in alpha shouldnt i only get 1?

they still surrender on zero

not on mine m8

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

ok serious question, i got this whole set of scripts ive built for a domination type mission..

i call it via script like this

["insm10","obj1_emarker1_5"] execVM "scripts\AI_Group_UPS.sqf";

and the start of the script

_group = toLower (_this select 0); //the makeup of group

_SpawnPos = toLower (_this select 1); //spawn position of group and patrol pos

switch (_group) do

{

// 12 man insurgents fortify

case "insm10":

{

GroupSquad1 = CreateGroup resistance;

_leader1 = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_1", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_2", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_3", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_4", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_5", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_6", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_7", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_8", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_9", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = GroupSquad1 createUnit ["ACE_Ins_2_10", [(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 0,(getMarkerPos _SpawnPos) select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_leader1 = leader GroupSquad1;

[ _leader1,_SpawnPos,"move", "delete:", 600,"spawned","respawn:",1] call UPSMON; //execVM "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

};

when i go check out what the squad is doing there just sitting there no patrol, all the ups stuff is working except for the patrol..

maybe the marker pos isnt being passed properly??? anyone

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

with the debug on it says 1 patrol pos and still nothing happens

Edited by {Op4}Bsilenced

Beautiful! Thanks for all the hard work. This thing is legendary already! Hopefully soon I'll release a few missions using this. I've already updated one of my SP missions to use this instead of the original UPS and the difference is astounding! As long as I can stop tweaking UPSMON in the mission I'll be able to release the update. Unfortunately the script is so fun to play with and tweak that I keep finding more things to add and the update just goes on. Oh well not like that's a bad thing. Fun for me, probably not so fun for the people waiting for this update!! :)

Thanks again!

You are welcome.

I hope I can see links for all missions here

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/boards

;)

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

I really have no clue there, just a guess.[/quote

i changed the perentages to 0, then 100, they still surrrender

With 0 they must not surrender, if does is a bug, let me check it.

if value greter than 0 for testing respawn you will need 2 or more squads, if not 1 will always surrender.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

not on mine m8

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

ok serious question, i got this whole set of scripts ive built for a domination type mission..

i call it via script like this

and the start of the script

when i go check out what the squad is doing there just sitting there no patrol, all the ups stuff is working except for the patrol..

maybe the marker pos isnt being passed properly??? anyone

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

with the debug on it says 1 patrol pos and still nothing happens

can you send me a litle sample plis? seems a bug and could help me. I can not reproduced it

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

Seting this on init_upsmon.sqf do not surrender, you have changing in ?

KRON_UPS_EAST_SURRENDER = 0;

KRON_UPS_WEST_SURRENDER = 0;

KRON_UPS_GUER_SURRENDER = 0;

yea i just noticed that today actually, anyways i sent you a pm with the mission...

i know its kinda out of date with your new respawn thing but it would suck to redo the mission..

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

oops youll have to remove the

_spwanpos = getmarkerpos _spwanpos;

under _spawnpos = this select 0 that was just me trying to get it to work it actually breaks it

Is fully compatible, you can change UPSMON files on the mission and is over. I will see your mission, what I must check?

well its tricky cause i got that script randomgroup.sqf running on the objs that pop up,

not only is it a random group but its picking random ups things to do,,,

tricky part is i still have bin patrols on some of them...

anyways the groups of ups troops that are getting spawned with "move" are not moving..

use the teleport to get closer to obj and then the camara you will see it..

anyways i really do thing its the way im passing the marker to ups i just dunno what to do about it...

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:43 PM ----------

i been watching them it seems there getting the command to move but then just shuffle in a 2m area and stop...

You are using "nowp" parameter.

With nowp no waypoints are created. Why do you put "nowp" on spawned squads? Quit "nowp" and all waypoints:

_wp = _grp5 addWaypoint [position A_wp1_4, 0];
_wp setWaypointType "MOVE"; 
_wp setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
_wp setWaypointCombatMode "YELLOW";
_wp setWaypointBehaviour "CARELESS";
_wp setWaypointFormation "FILE";
_wp = _grp5 addWaypoint [position A_wp2_4, 0];
_wp setWaypointType "SAD"; 
_wp setWaypointSpeed "FULL";
_wp setWaypointCombatMode "RED";
_wp setWaypointBehaviour "COMBAT";
_wp setWaypointFormation "WEDGE";

Alright, I did that and it seems like the spawned reinforcements are working fine.

One question though about the init line code for the reinforcement groups. As an example from my mission. The PLA armor reinforcement has this in the init line:

nul=[leader1, "PLA1", "track", "noslow", "reinforcement:",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

I have a question about the "PLA1". Does that mean that the armor will move to that zone(they're not in it) and patrol it regardless of whether they have been called as a reinforcement.

And if so, is there a way for them not to head towards zone "PLA1"? In other words, just sit still until they are called. I didn't want to set up a zone for the armor, say "PLA2", cause I didn't want them to patrol at all. I basically just want the reinforcements(the spawngroup as well) to just stay in place until called. That's why I had the "nowp" in the spawn groups code. If I add "nomove" will that work with reinforcements as well. I thought that was just used to keep groups in the zone from moving/patrolling until enemy is seen.

Same with the WEST reinforcement group. They go right to the zone I want them to reinforce instead of staying put at the house. I used another zone in their init line but they just patrolled it instead of standing still. If I add "nomove" they don't move even after be called to reinforce since they aren't in sight of the enemies.

Edited by Manzilla

add "nomove" and it should stay until reinforcement 1 is called on..

to call on it KRON_UPSMON_reinforcement1=TRUE

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

and yes it will go to that waypoint and do nomove so you dont want that way point at the reinforcment point..

your not gonna beable to control exactly where its gonna reinforce, just now that it is last known enemy pos.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

probably a more reliable way to call on it would be the new spawn script....

so i guess you have have to create the tank squad somewhere in or out of the fight

nul=[leader1, "PLA1", "track", "noslow", "template:",1] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

then the squad you want to be reinforced

nul=[this,"airport","move","delete:",600,"reinforcement:",1,"respawn"] execvm "scripts\UPSMON.sqf";

this would spawn it though at pos of fallen squad

you could really get fancy with it set a trigger with cond

KRON_UPSMON_reinforcement1=TRUE

act

nul = [1,spawn pos,1,["patrol marker","respawn"]] EXECVM "SCRIPTS\UPSMON\MON_SPAWN.SQF";

that would still spawn your tank template but you could keep the spawn pos out of site...

Edited by {Op4}Bsilenced

"nomove" doesn't work for me as I stated above. For me the reinforcements will not move at all when this happens. They get the call over the radio, debug messages.

I'm not quite sure why I'd want to use the spawn feature for this. I don't want to spawn anything, I just want the tanks I have on the map away from the main battle to move in as reinforcements when called. I don't want them to move prior to this. With "nomove" they will not move when the reinforcement call is made.

I'm really confused with the last part of your explanation. I don't want any respawning and I'm not understanding the different marker names. I only want and have one zone "PLA1".

I posted the example mission a few pages back. It's basically just a template for me to learn from. I probably should post the updated one so you can see what I mean.

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT:

Alright, I'm an idiot. Nomove is working for me in this manner. Everything was acting screwing so I restarted and reloaded the mission and now it works. I swear sometimes the strangest s&%t happens to me when I make missions.

Sorry guys.

Edited by Manzilla

yea i was just giving examples, just put your reinforcement farther away then kron radio setting and set your marker where there at, once reinforcments are called then they will move to the enemy..

If they are within the sharedist, maybe they are getting called regardless? I'm still not 100% sure of what the exact mechanics of reinforcement are.

I'm also not sure what use does the marker have when you use certain parameters, such s "fortify".

One last thing is, it would be nice if fortify would also move the leader, since keeping him at the starting position really hurts the randomization of this script and requires the mission maker to randomly position the squad leader if he wants proper randomization when using the "fortify" command. Also it's not very clear how they choose their positions - based on leader location? Marker location? Unit location?