Sign in to follow this  
Monsada

UPSMON - Urban Patrol Script Mon

Do you plan to use the fixes made by the latest version of UPS?

in UPSMON this fixes not aply because I changed all and that bug I corrected long time ago.

@Monsada

Is it possible to implement something that the units MUST stay in their area. I always used the "nofollow" order - but mostly when we are near their area the ai leaves the sector searching for us and attacking us. I tried "group this enableattack false", but then they dont flank anymore.

Maybe you got an idea?

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

@Monsada

Is it possible to implement something that the units MUST stay in their area. I always used the "nofollow" order - but mostly when we are near their area the ai leaves the sector searching for us and attacking us. I tried "group this enableattack false", but then they dont flank anymore.

Maybe you got an idea?

Yes, if u want a squad do not move then try "fortify" instead of "nomove" they will do what u want ;)

"nomove" is a rol that usually makes AI not to move but it does in some cases when enemy is near:

less than 1500m -10% of moving

less than 600 m - 40% of moving

less than 300 m - 70% of moving

"Fortify"

always 1% of moving less when reinforcement called and squad has "reinforcement" too, Then he looses the state of fortify.

Edited by Monsada

fortify is in the same level of "move" and "nome", this means that u can put:

"move" or "nomove" or "fortify".

they are exclusive, if u put fortify the rol is more extreme than "nomove"

"move" :squad moves constantly, if no enemy they patrol inside the "mark", if known enemy they flank and engage.

"nomove": squad moves little, if no enemy the stay at starting position, if known enemy the will tend to mantain but probability of engage increases when enemy aproaches

"fortify": squad do not move, it has a little probability to move and engage enemy of 1%, they will take defence positions in buildings near.

thinking about may be would be better to adjust the rates of "nomove" to:

more than 1500m 1% of moving (not senses because of limitation of KRON_ups_sharedist to 1500m).

less than 1500m -5% of moving

less than 600 m - 25% of moving

less than 300 m - 50% of moving

Edited by Monsada

How do to escape?

I want to use the script in the attack but the AI in the mode of walking.

Edited by PIONEER

How do to escape?

I want to use the script in the attack but the AI in the mode of walking.

I don't understand you, can you explain a litle more please?

I think you need to use the "NOSLOW" parameter if you want them to run even if no enemies are detected.

I think you need to use the "NOSLOW" parameter if you want them to run even if no enemies are detected.

"NOSLOW" parameter only determines initial behaviour and speed.

if SLOW, or not defined then puts on initialiation of squad Limited speed and behaviour safe. Not used anymore.

Hey, I tested this script yesterday. I don't used all of features. The only I need is a better AI:

1., groups communicate

2., flanking manouver

3., use static weapons

4., use smoke grenades

2, and 3, worked fine, but I'm not sure in 1. and absolutley nothing in 4.,

Any suggestion, how can I set in the init (or anywhere else) the groups use smoke grenade and share the info?

Anyway: muchas gracias! Los commentos (en el script) estan en espanol y muy dificil entender... :)

Hi,

how can i turn off the text messages that tell me what the AI does ?

And how can you turn of the patrol zones at the beginning (briefing) too ?

And how to turn of the use of smokegrenades ?

Edited by Wiggum

All text messages can be deleted manually.

Personally, I have removed some hint, too.

Hi,

how can i turn off the text messages that tell me what the AI does ?

And how can you turn of the patrol zones at the beginning (briefing) too ?

And how to turn of the use of smokegrenades ?

For disabling messages only turn it of:

KRON_UPS_Debug = 0;

smoke grenades canot be turned of

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Hey, I tested this script yesterday. I don't used all of features. The only I need is a better AI:

1., groups communicate

2., flanking manouver

3., use static weapons

4., use smoke grenades

2, and 3, worked fine, but I'm not sure in 1. and absolutley nothing in 4.,

Any suggestion, how can I set in the init (or anywhere else) the groups use smoke grenade and share the info?

Anyway: muchas gracias! Los commentos (en el script) estan en espanol y muy dificil entender... :)

Hi Bardosi,

1. AI comunicates presence of enemy. If you have enabled debug

KRON_UPS_Debug = 1;

the leader group will put message "enemy detected" if in a range of 1.5km of enemy.

4. grenades only throws in random situations when supresed by fire.

Please, don't beg for translation to english.

Edited by Monsada

Hola Monsada!

Gracias!

No need to translate, thanks! :D

And thanks for the answers

1., If I turn OFF the debug, they also share info, is they? Just don't write on the screen. Am I right?

At the weekend I tested hardly a mission with your script and I got error messages (in my ArmA errors show on the screen) several times (at least two times). But I forgot to bring it to the office. As far as I know, ArmA log somewhere the errors, so I'll find it and post here tomorrow.

Hola Monsada!

1., If I turn OFF the debug, they also share info, is they? Just don't write on the screen. Am I right?

Yes, functionality is the same, the only that does is not loging messages and not puting marks of squads positions.

Hola Monsada!

At the weekend I tested hardly a mission with your script and I got error messages (in my ArmA errors show on the screen) several times (at least two times). But I forgot to bring it to the office. As far as I know, ArmA log somewhere the errors, so I'll find it and post here tomorrow.

The only error I have seen in arma log is:

Error O 1-1-F:4: Invalid path - length 1

this Is produced sometimes when patroling some buildings, I think is a problem with the definition of the positions of that builiding object.

Error O 1-1-F:4: Invalid path - length 1

this Is produced sometimes when patroling some buildings, I think is a problem with the definition of the positions of that builiding object.

No. It was very regular script error, like

_vehicle =#vehicle

ERROR: object expected...

or very similar. I hope I can send it to you tommorrow.

No. It was very regular script error, like

_vehicle =#vehicle

ERROR: object expected...

or very similar. I hope I can send it to you tommorrow.

If you're getting such errors, triple-check that you're giving the script the appropriate parameters first ;)

As deep the DOCUMENTATION for this script... as I triple checked... :P

I just checked the samples and read the non-spanish comments. And yes, I used the same way as the author in the example mission. ;)

And you have absolutely right! But currently I have no any other clue to solve the errors, except this topic.

Sorry if this was asked before, but after scanning through posts I could not find how to stop the messeges from AI groups along with the markers from being visible?

Sorry if this was asked before, but after scanning through posts I could not find how to stop the messeges from AI groups along with the markers from being visible?

in init_upsmon.sqf there is a variable KRON_UPS_Debug

//Enable messages and position marks.

KRON_UPS_Debug = 1;

//Disable messages and position marks

KRON_UPS_Debug = 0;

hey monsada, awesome script. i read about you plans to add a respawn option, are there any news? what about this function:

min:n/max:n = Create a random number (between min and max) of 'clones'.

init:string = Custom init string for created clones.

What does it do?

this is exactly as does in UPS, in runtime, when mission begins, creates a number of clones that you defined in the group in witch you put this parameter in.

Edited by Monsada

hola monsada, me lleve una grata sorpresa hace poco, hice una mision en razani, y puse varias casas con el editor, la sorpresa fue que al ponerle el parametro "fortify", la patrulla cogio los puestos dentro de ellas :D , con el UPS normal eso no pasaba, no funcionaba con las casas puestas del editor.

y aca te hago una sugerencia. es posible hacer algo que haga que la AI al darle el parametro "nomove" sin el "fortify" verifique si dentro de su rango hay algun objeto con el cual curbrirse y asi evitar que queden parados y estaticos en medio de la nada ? ... tomalo como casas que no son habitables (que se ubiquen pegados a ellas) , vehiculos, torres, paredes, etc.... muy dificil ? la idea seria simplemente agregarlo al "nomove" dentro de un rango obviamente que verifiquen eso :D

saludos wn :D

Monsada, you are right! The ArmA2 didn't logged that error, but logged an other one:

[/code]

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <

_trg setTriggerTimeout [1,1,1,false];

sleep 1 + (random 1);

_l=[];

_l=list _tr>

Error position: <sleep 1 + (random 1);

_l=[];

_l=list _tr>

Error General error in the expression

File C:\Documents and Settings\Lacko\Dokumentumok\ArmA 2\missions\04_Rus04.Chernarus\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 154

Error in expression <s=KRON_AllRes+[_x]; };

};

};

} forEach _l;

_l = nil;

if (isNil("KRON_UPS_Debug>

Error position: <_l;

_l = nil;

Error Unknown variable in the expression: _l

File C:\Documents and Settings\Lacko\Dokumentumok\ArmA 2\missions\04_Rus04.Chernarus\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 172

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <

_trg setTriggerTimeout [1,1,1,false];

sleep 1 + (random 1);

_l=[];

_l=list _tr>

Error position: <sleep 1 + (random 1);

_l=[];

_l=list _tr>

Error General error in the expression

File C:\Documents and Settings\Lacko\Dokumentumok\ArmA 2\missions\04_Rus04.Chernarus\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 154

Error in expression <s=KRON_AllRes+[_x]; };

};

};

} forEach _l;

_l = nil;

Error position: <_l;

_l = nil;

Error Unknown variable in the expression: _l

File C:\Documents and Settings\Lacko\Dokumentumok\ArmA 2\missions\04_Rus04.Chernarus\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf, line 172

[/code]

And yestarday I continue to test my missions and I could capture this image with error:

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8779/upsmonerror76.jpg

I hope, I can help to perfect your script! Keep up the good work!