what we have to do peace in world

when will this end  

63 members have voted

1. 1. when will this end

"what we have to do peace in world"

To quote this guy:

Futurama-tv-fif07.jpg

"Kill ALL humans"

Even if there were only 2 people left on the planet, they'd find some reason to hate eachother.

Even if there were only 2 people left on the planet, they'd find some reason to hate eachother.

no, if they are friendly, not greedy on others goods, not arogant, not blind-belief... they will cooperate

a lot of people cooperate, but small percent of population make troubles for all others

in past wars were started not by usual people but by kings

"elites" started wars, but not died in them,

"general" had medal, soldier had grave

normal people can live in peace, unless one of them do not want other's: land, oil, gold, coal

or : change one churches to other churches, replace one culture by own etc.

or someone needs fifth car, cause four is not enough to drive his fat butt, one more palace, one more gold painted mansion etc.

people who love, have families, children - do not want fight, kill, die

thats why young low IQ, high nativity brains washed by propaganda are used as meat by greedy leaders of any kind or politicians corrupted by some lobby

the more knowledge (and IQ), the less place for brain wash

cyco or psychopaths are 1-2% of population - we should eliminate them to avoid harm to rest

but stupid/naive/easy-controllable is much more percent and they are used by those wide range bossy

and the bigger population, the less land to live, farm, whatever - it was not problem in past, in future it can be

Edited by vilas

i read the first post by the OP and thats it!

this is aimed at the U.S and Nato and tbh its not a very well thought about topic or first post!

war will continue as it has for 1000's of years, Mankind is a killing machine it always was especially because we are carnivores, so if we aint out killing livestock to survive we are out killing each other over a patch of land or possesion. some kill for religious beliefs.

so its not just U.S/UK/NATO its a way of life!

so i voted for#2 never because its just the way things are.

It might be hard to believe from a cursory examination but, by all measures,

we're now living in the most peaceful period in human history. Things actually

are getting better (but that doesn't look good in headlines, of course).

This.

We just have a smaller margin of error now because of overpopulation, resource exhaustion and global warming.

Now day resources are increasing in 1,2,3,4,5 ratio.

Population increases at 2,4,6,8.

Its stat of my country.people

buy water for drink in big cities.

People migrate from 1 region to other.this can also be good or bad.it is big cause of voilence.

i read the first post by the OP and thats it!

this is aimed at the U.S and Nato and tbh its not a very well thought about topic or first post!

war will continue as it has for 1000's of years, Mankind is a killing machine it always was especially because we are carnivores, so if we aint out killing livestock to survive we are out killing each other over a patch of land or possesion. some kill for religious beliefs.

so its not just U.S/UK/NATO its a way of life!

so i voted for#2 never because its just the way things are.

We're not carnivores actually we're omnivores and it is possible for us to be herbivores. Also, just because we've always killed each other, doesn't mean we always will. If you believe that you can't change anything, then you never will. If you believe that you can, you might still fail but if nothing else you will get closer to your goal and maybe one day someone might push it the final step.

i wonder how many times this subject has been brought up over the last 1000 years? has anything changed? no!

it never will! a simple fact of the matter is we are killing machines and i would argue that even a herbivore is a killing machine, how? plants also live until plucked and cooked!

so no nothing will change and certainly not in any of our lifetimes!

what the best part is that the UK/U.S and UN are fighting for peace!? killing to establish peace...its a contradiction in terms.

also if you think about it, even this forum isn't peaceful. one mans wish is another mans hate etc, its just the way we are. once everyone agree's on the same subject no matter what it is then there will be no more conflict. but at the same time there will always be someone that wants more, that person will be the one to upset the realms once again, unfortunately its a never ending viscious circle.

Edited by Colt45_GTO

As somewhat depressing as Colt45_GTO's post is, it is also pretty accurate. There isn't, can't be, and never will be a Utopia of absolute peace where everyone's blissed out with no desire or ego.

I think what is worthy of discussion is relative peace. For instance, I am fortunate enough to live in a society where for all intensive purposes, I can probably live the rest of my life without violent conflict unless I choose it. Childhood and college bar hopping years aside, the only altercation I'm likely to have is on the grappling mat at my choosing.

Some might argue that I enjoy this non-violent lifestyle because my nation has sent our military and intelligence elsewhere, to "take the battle to our enemies" and that is why I don't feel it. Would I be involved in heated battle if we had never engaged in the middle east wars -I honestly don't know but I highly doubt it.

Back to Colt45_GTO's point. Even if all things were relatively equal in terms of resources in the world, as long as people have desire, there's likely to be trouble. Reminds me of the somewhat corny movie "The Beach", in which young ladsters and ladies seek out a mythical beach in which young attractive people live in total harmony and tropical bliss. What happens, lust... this guy wants another guy's girl and vice-versa leading to murderous trouble.

i wonder how many times this subject has been brought up over the last 1000 years? has anything changed? no!

That doesn't mean it can't change. Perhaps the situations that can lead to peace have yet to arise.

it never will! a simple fact of the matter is we are killing machines and i would argue that even a herbivore is a killing machine, how? plants also live until plucked and cooked!
That isn't true of all plants. If I pluck an apple from a tree and eat it the tree doesn't die and an apple in itself isn't considered to be a living thing.
so no nothing will change and certainly not in any of our lifetimes!
I disagree with the first part but agree with the second. We probably won't see it in our lifetime but that doesn't mean we can't take actions to start it.
what the best part is that the UK/U.S and UN are fighting for peace!? killing to establish peace...its a contradiction in terms.

Agreed

also if you think about it, even this forum isn't peaceful. one mans wish is another mans hate etc, its just the way we are. once everyone agree's on the same subject no matter what it is then there will be no more conflict. but at the same time there will always be someone that wants more, that person will be the one to upset the realms once again, unfortunately its a never ending viscious circle.

Just because someone wants something it doesn't mean that he has to attack the other to get it. He can always accept that fact that it isn't important or that there are other ways to get it (negotiation). People don't have to agree on everything for their to be peace they just have to choose not to take violent measures to enforce their will.

UN not invades for greed reasons as i remember ?

US yes, invaded some countries in history, which make US aggressor

other situation when you shoot to soldiers that killing thousands civilians as in Africa

other when shoot soldiers protecting own country oilfields from invaders

UN is too weak and it is fact, more stronger operations should be, but from united nations decisions, not by one country with president like Bush was

CIA politics born terrorism in some percentage, so in some percent US get his own CIA politics effects in 9-11

guys like Talibs do not born from ash, they raised from something

through 1000 years people had no education, they followed propaganda of kings/priests

they wanted show their supremacy, state colonies, enslave other countries etc.

WW2 was started by some cyco leaders

since some years people have bigger education, cultural change, they can look at other countries/cultures

if someone is dumb arrogant overself-confident of his value - nothing help, they are easy to steer , some of them shout their so proud, in many cases showing low IQ or just 15-y.o. kids without education about world around

but many people are wise, better - for them knowledge makes them propaganda-proof and they can judge "do my own gov. do right or wrong thing"

in past people had no such possibility, most was alphabets

Edited by vilas

That doesn't mean it can't change. Perhaps the situations that can lead to peace have yet to arise.

That isn't true of all plants. If I pluck an apple from a tree and eat it the tree doesn't die and an apple in itself isn't considered to be a living thing.

I disagree with the first part but agree with the second. We probably won't see it in our lifetime but that doesn't mean we can't take actions to start it.

Agreed

Just because someone wants something it doesn't mean that he has to attack the other to get it. He can always accept that fact that it isn't important or that there are other ways to get it (negotiation). People don't have to agree on everything for their to be peace they just have to choose not to take violent measures to enforce their will.

where i agree whole heartedly on your responses, the grim reality is that unless war is declared over in every country its taking place in, then it will continue to happen or even escalate.

even if the allied forces pull out of iraq and afghan even africa and down arms, doesn't mean the conflicts there will ever come to a head. those countries unfortunately have no other way of life.

so although negotiations are possible and still happening to bring peace the peace agreement will never happen.

see the problem is, each nation that takes part in these skirmishes will hold a grudge. ie:

iraq will never forgive the allied forces for killing innocents in air raids, so they will always be bitter.

afghan will never forgive the allied forces simply for creating dust and not taking thier side.

afrika will always be bitter no matter what.

the United States will never forgive what happened on 9/11.

the UK will never forgive simply because they have turned into a comunist state.

the UN will never forgive what they can't understand.

so its almost a stalemate right across the board.

basically the U.S want the oil thats below afghan and iraq, the UK was quick to follow suit. see if these two allies took control of the major oil fields then they have basically check mate on the world.

some say its nothing to do with oil, but its come to light recently that Sadam declared all weapons of mass distruction, destroyed/defunkt a week prior to the invasion. there were ships sailing round in the sea nearby, the whole time the war escalated in iraq. once the war was inhand (never won) and sadam was captured, these ships went missing without a trace.

the same thing is happening in afghan. and once the allies take complete control they will then control most of the world.

see the hard part is.........nothing will ever change. Obama binladen U.S president could have pulled the troops clean out. Bush was just like his father ( a war monger), thing is Bush knew something about afghan and iraq, this info has been passed on to the new president and he's hands are tied. purely because when put in power greed takes hold!

as long as there is greed in the world there will never be peace. no matter the amount of negotiating it will never win a countries wealth, this you have to fight for and they have to defend.

its sad really but true.

Edited by Colt45_GTO

You can always work at trying to get rid of greed though. Maybe the desire for things will always be there but people can always learn of productive ways of dealing with it instead of destructive ones. There have been people who when it came down to it, they chose helping others over greed. Ex. Jonas Salk, at least from my understanding.

oh and one more very important thing......

what would you be doing now if wars never took place? what passtime would you have if the world lived like the cosby show? no guns, no killing, no wars!?

no ArmA2!

so thank these major powers for giving a company like BIS something to base a game on ;)

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

UN not invades for greed reasons as i remember ?

US yes, invaded some countries in history, which make US aggressor

other situation when you shoot to soldiers that killing thousands civilians as in Africa

other when shoot soldiers protecting own country oilfields from invaders

UN is too weak and it is fact, more stronger operations should be, but from united nations decisions, not by one country with president like Bush was

CIA politics born terrorism in some percentage, so in some percent US get his own CIA politics effects in 9-11

guys like Talibs do not born from ash, they raised from something

through 1000 years people had no education, they followed propaganda of kings/priests

they wanted show their supremacy, state colonies, enslave other countries etc.

WW2 was started by some cyco leaders

since some years people have bigger education, cultural change, they can look at other countries/cultures

if someone is dumb arrogant overself-confident of his value - nothing help, they are easy to steer , some of them shout their so proud, in many cases showing low IQ or just 15-y.o. kids without education about world around

but many people are wise, better - for them knowledge makes them propaganda-proof and they can judge "do my own gov. do right or wrong thing"

in past people had no such possibility, most was alphabets

sorry bud i missed your post.

yes the U.S and UK are agressors, and the UN are indeed soft but the UN are there as a policing unit rather than a fighting unit. unfortunately they have to intervine in each european war/skirmish.

so yes i was a little off when including the UN in both replies.

what would i be doing now if wars never took place? Just because it never took place doesn't mean there can't be games about it. If there weren't though: Racing games, Sim City 4, Mario, playing soccer, taking pictures, writing, enjoying the outdoors... pretty much everything i do now but i won't read about 100s of people dying in car bombs each day. Granted I could stop that now but I view that as me turning away from a problem so I don't. There is plenty to do without war. I would gladly give up playing ArmA II for world peace.

We're not carnivores actually we're omnivores and it is possible for us to be herbivores. Also, just because we've always killed each other, doesn't mean we always will. If you believe that you can't change anything, then you never will. If you believe that you can, you might still fail but if nothing else you will get closer to your goal and maybe one day someone might push it the final step.

As long as even a single faction in the world is prepared to take what it wants or uphold its rights/ideals with violence, nothing will change. Only when the freedom of thought and action is taken away from everyone - which is both an incredibly unethical downgrade of humanity into mindless mass and most of all impossible - the end of all violence seems a realistic possibility.

what would i be doing now if wars never took place? Just because it never took place doesn't mean there can't be games about it. If there weren't though: Racing games, Sim City 4, Mario, playing soccer, taking pictures, writing, enjoying the outdoors... pretty much everything i do now but i won't read about 100s of people dying in car bombs each day. Granted I could stop that now but I view that as me turning away from a problem so I don't. There is plenty to do without war. I would gladly give up playing ArmA II for world peace.

haha i bet you been talking to arnie?

anyway. i dont personally like wars i think its purely because i'm jealous that i can't take part. i was so pissed off when i heard i was born 19 years too late for Vietnam and 50 years too late to take part in WW2.

yes i'm a nutcase but one who cares for the folk in the free world. given half the chance i'd be in afghan in a heartbeat, probably shittin in my pants after a few rounds whistle past my ear but i'd finally be free to do what i always wanted to. something deep down thats always said i was born to fight a war.

i'm the sort of nutcase that would put his self between a gun and an old lady or some complete stranger to save thier life.

i might be completely different if thrown into a war but i know i'd be happy inside.

dont get me wrong, i'm not the hero type. i simply put other people first.

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

i'll tell you how much it hurts because i cant take part in wars........

who do you know that cries watching band of brothers, saving private ryan, full metal jacket etc etc etc..... all ww2/nam films?

well its not right the way through its always at the end. and i'm 39 for christ sake!

but i'm not sure if its the fact (and i know most are fictional) i couldn't be there to help, or the reality of the sheer loss of life that went on over those two wars? i guess its something i'll never know but its certainly a mixed emotion.

Edited by Colt45_GTO

i simply put other people first

Thats a good thing to be but you don't have to be a soldier to do that.

As long as even a single faction in the world is prepared to take what it wants or uphold its rights/ideals with violence, nothing will change.
I disagree with that. Things will change as more people choose peace. If nothing else, the level of trust between the peaceful nations will become greater and they can become economically powerful.

I also think that one day there can be peace, that you can eliminate all violent factions through education (logic, not brainwashing). Until then nations will have to defend themselves from those who are willing to be violent but that doesn't mean you have to invade. Obviously, you probably aren't going to be able to stop elementary school kids from getting into small skirmishes and shoving matches but on a large scale I believe that you could stop it.

Only when the freedom of thought and action is taken away from everyone - which is both an incredibly unethical downgrade of humanity into mindless mass and most of all impossible - the end of all violence seems a realistic possibility
I wouldn't say impossible, but unethical yes.

wars are becoming more bloody. we were creating new technology to kill us each other . THE PEOPLE IS BECOMING MAD!!!. in the world war1(1914 to 1918) like 15.000.000 of civilians and soldiers died in a stupid conflict of who as the more powerful country at the end of the conflict they said that this war will end all wars , and 21 years later in 1939 to 1945 like 60.000.000 of soldiers and civilians die again in another war call "world war 2" and now the USA is sending more troops to irak so for me the war will never end who nows maybe we are very close to another"world war " for water or fuel . dont forget the cold war we were very very close to a nuclear war .

sorry for my bad English

i want to be a millionair, have no money issues, have no worrries but just like this subject, it will never happen unfortunately. although its nice to dream ;)

To have peace in the world, one must first remove humanity.

Me, being philosophical.

i want to be a millionair, have no money issues, have no worrries but just like this subject, it will never happen unfortunately. although its nice to dream ;)
That millionaire thing could happen but you apparently are not willing to work at it hard enough... or rob enough banks.
To have peace in the world, one must first remove humanity.
That's one way to go about it but not the only.

I still think that its possible. People are capable of deciding what actions to take and they can always choose to take peaceful ones.

That millionaire thing could happen but you apparently are not willing to work at it hard enough... or rob enough banks.

ah haa Jake you slipped up mate.

working hard? yes i worked my socks off for 2 year solid with my own business, 18 hour days 7 days a week. all it did was make me bankrupt. so thats out of the question.

rob a bank? wouldn't that involve violence?

ah haa Jake you slipped up mate.

working hard? yes i worked my socks off for 2 year solid with my own business, 18 hour days 7 days a week. all it did was make me bankrupt. so thats out of the question.

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't work hard. Sorry about that. You said that you put other people first, its hard to be a millionaire if you put other people first. You're either never earning enough money from your business because you're trying to not screw your customers over or you're always giving away money to help those that you can.

rob a bank? wouldn't that involve violence?

Depends on how you do it. If you're on the inside then it doesn't have to be violent.

seriously though, our world now isn't so bad and for those who think it is, fire up youtube and type in ''escape from sobibor'' without the quotes. watch that movie and then the world will feel good again.

if the movie has no effect on you then there must be something wrong mentally.

se we could all have been living under a nazi symble now and have folk killed daily simply because of thier religion. oh yeah it does happen. and who said god was our savior?

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

I didn't mean to imply that you didn't work hard. Sorry about that. You said that you put other people first, its hard to be a millionaire if you put other people first. You're either never earning enough money from your business because you're trying to not screw your customers over or you're always giving away money to help those that you can.

Depends on how you do it. If you're on the inside then it doesn't have to be violent.

haha rigs up a plan to work in a bank ;)

no i worked hard mate trust me, i paid the bills but was way too trusting with some customers, let them take thier cars to pay later.....of course they never returned. some simply spread bad word because i wouldn't let them take thier car without paying. it was a viscious little circle. that never came round to help me.

Our Father of Nation Mahatma Gandhi have some follower around the world,like Nelson Mandela etc.these people believe in non violence which is far thing nowdays. all talk about peace but it is not possible.