Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

ok ive just unistalled every thing and starting from start when i press 1 and setup what i need to then press main then update/install i get a dos win it says

You do not seem to be running the beta mod folder but have selected beta/arma 2 exe?

just wondering does any1 esle get this message when joining a server.

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_M4A1_GL.M4_Muzzle'.

Yep I just had that a few minutes ago when joining the [KH] server, also can't seem to get my version no. to update from 182 to 189.

ok ive just unistalled every thing and starting from start when i press 1 and setup what i need to then press main then update/install i get a dos win it says

You do not seem to be running the beta mod folder but have selected beta/arma 2 exe?

That's just a warning. If you have problems, please create a ticket and attach your updater logs, thanks.

Your problem is probably that you're at step 3, and still need to complete the rest; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Quickstart

Yep I just had that a few minutes ago when joining the [KH] server, also can't seem to get my version no. to update from 182 to 189.

Please check:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6806 (If Vista/7 Clean virtual store and run the software always right click "Run as administrator")

and http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7082

Otherwise please create a ticket and attach your logs, thanks.

Edited by Sickboy

There is any way to setup sixupdater (or in web-client) so it puts your mods in a given folder? For example I want to download "SIX Aiaktalik" but I've a custome folder where I place all the islands (i.e.: Arma2\_Islands\@SIX_Aiaktalik\).

edit: also noticed that if you install/update through web-client, and you have same version it will turn skip argument to 'true' but later if you update through command line (pressing 2) it won't check if versions are the same (because skip == true) so you ahve to start the web-client and manually set skip to 'false'. I recommend you change this someway.

Edited by KNac

Yes we had an issue where I ran our updater script @ 18:12 and not all the updated files had replicated to the six updater mirrors. This resulted in our server and our YAS not being updated fully when we assumed it had.

We have since re-run our update scripts and we have resynced to 189 fully.

To update your client ACE YAS just run YAS again.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Probably i haven't listen carefully,but i don't hear too much changes with the ACE_SM mod installed..which sounds should it modify? it's necessary or it should be used only if you have sound problems?

Currently it changes almost all weapon and explosion sounds.

hi there,

i have following question about the A.C.E. mod:

is it possible to install and play this mod without six-updater?

for me, sorry to say this, six-updater ist very uncomfortable and complecated,

i try to install it like its described in the ace-mod website, but it make only problems for me.

i dont play online, so i dont need six-updater, i think the concept of six-updater is in first line for online/multiplayer.

it would be fine if you release this mod without six-updater or make it possible to install and run it without this program.

for me it pains me really, because ace mod seems to be really great, i see the videos and they impressed me, and i liked the ace mod for arma1 very much.

ok,thanks!

another question: the ACE team has already planned to replace the BIS weapons with ACEX counterparts or they don't do that?

because with a replacement pack (maybe optional to download) you don't have to mess with the units inventories in the editor and mostly you can play the campaig with ACE weapons..

Only blufor grenadiers use their grenade launcher, neither opfor nor insurgents AI do, any idea why ?

Is it a bug with ACE or Arma ?

Is there a way to use RTE (real time editor) with ACE? The problem is the console button in menu and the same button required for editor...

i didnt had that but i had problem with arma2 and saw it new in the list so do i need it if i want to run only ACE 2 itself

For some reason now when I update its saying Mod is tagged to "skip"

I go into edit the Presets and change skip to false press Update but it wont save the setting. Ive done this before many times and it worked fine.

;1518547']For some reason now when I update its saying Mod is tagged to "skip"

I go into edit the Presets and change skip to false press Update but it wont save the setting. Ive done this before many times and it worked fine.

Use "Execute Forced" instead if you believe there are actually updates. But if it skips when you use "Execute Smart", it is because the local and online version numbers match. :yay:

ACE 1.89 @ACEX_SM AH-1 viper no sound again

bye

Gee, that's helpful.

If you have a bug how about putting it on the issue tracker?

Probably i haven't listen carefully,but i don't hear too much changes with the ACE_SM mod installed..which sounds should it modify? it's necessary or it should be used only if you have sound problems?

Not hearing changes from ace as it was, or not hearing changes from vanilla?

So why does it set the preset to skip in configuration even if I set it to false?

Does that mean next time it will skip regardless if it needs an update or not?

both,from vanilla and ace as it was..but it seems that ACE_SM wasn't loaded right,because now i clearly hear the sounds changes..issue resolved!

about replace BIS weapons with ACEX ones?

No, the CBA addon contains a lot of functions that mod makers can use to make scripting etc. easier.

Ah thanks, ACE 1 did use alot of other peoples mods though with permissions didnt it?

Is it cool to ask questions on here to any ACE team or is there a particular thread, i registered on what i think is their site, but there isnt much activity.

Ah thanks, ACE 1 did use alot of other peoples mods though with permissions didnt it?

Is it cool to ask questions on here to any ACE team or is there a particular thread, i registered on what i think is their site, but there isnt much activity.

True, ace does use stuff not made by the ace team, with permissions from the original authors.

If you have any bugs or suggestions, register on Dev Heaven and make a ticket in the ace issue tracker.

I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll try here:

I'm using six updater for some time now and had no problems with it, but I just tried to add the ACEX_SM, and now all updates are tagged as Skip=True. Updater is not updating them anymore. Even if I change them to Skip=False, after I run the updater it says:

Mod is tagged 'skip' in the configuration file. Skipping...

Tried to delete all mods and then to add them again, but no success. I mark everything as Skip=True, then when I come back everything is set to True again. Please help, because I'm in love with the new ACE :))

I had the same problem it just woulnt update the sounds..

Then after i started my comp next day it just downloaded:j::butbut::bounce3: