Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Cool update :) TY guys!

I can even see the web client now @ http://localhost:16333/admin

So from now on I just press 1 in 6-updater and do the mod updates from web?

Glad to hear that :) The web-client is at first meant to be the management/configuration area of the Suite.

If you have configured your settings once with it, you could always use option 2, and 21-24 for quicker access, if all you want to accomplish is just update / install the configured mods, or start the game with them.

However, the web-client also fetches the latest lists of mods, servers and mirrors from the server-site, to give you access to these directly from the suite.

I intend to make it faster, more userfriendly and add all kinds of features, and at some point,

I also hope to make repetitive actions, like synchronizing the latest lists, available to the console.

people can then simply use what they prefer, for their application.

Edited by Sickboy

Tried to fiddle with it, but I get syntax error like this:

4186152988_acef602e22_b.jpg

sry, had to edit a bit, gotta run to work now :)

Edited by Hawk_

Tried to fiddle with it, but I get syntax error like this:
damn, do you get it with all actions/configurations or only with "Execute Alt" ?

Please setup a ticket to track it if so, tnx!

I think you need to manually update your userconfig files, they were updated but six-updater leaves the old ones in place.

Also, it seems like:

glasses="None";

speaker="Male02";

pitch=0.95392585;

are no longer needed in the identity section.

Thanks, but unfortunately that doesn't solve the problem for me. It's frustrating, makes anything but iron sights and ACOGs unusable.

how about making Rsync into a nice program :) with easy instructions etc like Install ACE2 Update ACE2

99.99% of the testers can throw chem lights, flashbangs and tear gas. Unluckily I belong to the 0.01% group that can't. Yes: I know how to use them. Nothing in weapons-menu, whatever combination I use (For example, removing all other equipment from the inventory).

This was in the bug tracker, but it was kind of old bug report. Ideas what is causing (Or actually not causing...) this?

Double click shortcut, press 2, enter. About that nice strongbird? :)

In any case, I can finally work on improvements now that everything's in place, and most problems have been addressed.

99.99% of the testers can throw chem lights, flashbangs and tear gas. Unluckily I belong to the 0.01% group that can't. Yes: I know how to use them. Nothing in weapons-menu, whatever combination I use (For example, removing all other equipment from the inventory).

This was in the bug tracker, but it was kind of old bug report. Ideas what is causing (Or actually not causing...) this?

Hmm odd, please attach your rpt and updater logs to a ticket, might be an incompatibility with something.

any progress in my sandbag bug ?

And how do i attach a chemlight to a Cars/Objects i can only attach to myself????

Where do I post about bugs?

I just found that in the latest version of ACEX that US ARMY - SF - Heavy Gunner and Assault Rifleman cause CTD.

And again i`m asking mod developers : WHY do you using multiplier for gatling guns???

After my previous post when i asked for real GAU8 firerate in last update you did it, but now M134 has a multiplier like 6x. WHY?

Noob question...

How do you rotate sand bags, stack them on each other and put them on Humvee roofs?

hold shift + Mouse wheel= up/down

Hold Ctrl + Mouse wheel = rotate

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Also Sickboy why do i get frames around 20 fps in forest areas and in normal game without ace its like 40 ? I cant stand this lag

This is unbelievable. Now I can throw the chem lights! If I use VopSounds 2.1 it prevents me to throw the chem lights / flashbangs / tear gas...

Thanks alot guys for this awesomeness! The updater is pretty easy too...loving it. thanks a ton for all this hard work...:yay:

One new issue to report: maybe someone can help???? After the update today, I can no longer preview saved missions on namalsk or panthera in the editor....(yesterday I could)

I must have jazzed something up. Any ideas will be helpful

Also Sickboy why do i get frames around 20 fps in forest areas and in normal game without ace its like 40 ? I cant stand this lag

I thought I was imagining things but now that you mention it performance does seem to be worse than vanilla...

I thought I was imagining things but now that you mention it performance does seem to be worse than vanilla...

Yeah, I've noticed that too... Also, there are few missions with a lot of chemlights (night missions) used for illumination, which kills FPS... But that is normal for lights I suppose...

See now thats really odd i get better performance with ace mod then with vanilla arma very odd but good for me :yay:

Thanks strong bird...

Also how can we use the hand held wind meter?

If you were smart or lucky you have a wind meter like the Kestrel 4500 in your gear. If not it's time to wet your finger. Either method is activated by using the measure wind action, default key bind is SHIFT-K.

If you don't have the meter you'd see an arrow indicating wind direction and color coding to indicate approximate wind speed.

If you do have the meter, calibrate it and then take a reading.

The crosswind speed is the important number. Use that number in combination with your range card to estimate the amount of windage offset to dial in.

Read this: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Guide_to_Markmanship_using_ACE2

I have already made shots at 3200m with the Tac50 taking wind in to consideration....

I was wondering when the Kestral will be put in the ammo crate as an item.

Or..... what is the class name for it, so i can add it in to a dom mission and re pack it.

Cheers

And again i`m asking mod developers : WHY do you using multiplier for gatling guns???

After my previous post when i asked for real GAU8 firerate in last update you did it, but now M134 has a multiplier like 6x. WHY?

Because multipliers have to be used. Rate of fire is (sort of) limited to framerate, and many don't play with more than 20-25fps, which severely limits high-ROF weapons. To make sure they work as intended on lower framerates one use multipliers.

the kestrel returns a crosswind reading, but how do you know which direction it's going, left or right?

shift + k