Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

yeah,its really early here....but i still dont know how to actually open a ticket :( im sorry if im nagging ya.
If you have registered and activated an account and are logged in, there should be "New Issue" button next to "Issues".

This might be beating a dead horse but the arma2/userconfig/ directory to edit the ace_clientside file to have the ability to wear gasmasks ect i do not have.

Sixupdater/Yoma Updater didnt give me them. Anywhere i can download these folders to get Gasmasks to work? :confused:

Just out of interest, does the A.C.E soundmod change the footstep/bullet snap sounds at all? Wondered if I could use another soundmod's footstep sounds without tweaking anything. :)

This might be beating a dead horse but the arma2/userconfig/ directory to edit the ace_clientside file to have the ability to wear gasmasks ect i do not have.

Sixupdater/Yoma Updater didnt give me them. Anywhere i can download these folders to get Gasmasks to work? :confused:

quick fix would be to copy it from @ACE/userconfig to userconfig/ACE

I would change the face ....

C: \ Program Files \ Bohemia Interactive \ ArmA 2 \ UserConfig \ ACE \ ace_clientside_config.hpp

face = "Default";

Glasses = "None";

speaker = "Male01";

Squad = "http://www.squad.org/tag/squad2.xml";

pitch = 1.0190428;

name = "John Doe";

how do I change it .. there is a list of faces available?

:confused:

Sixupdater/Yoma Updater didnt give me them. Anywhere i can download these folders to get Gasmasks to work?

Could also try running "Process Userconfigs" under the actions drop down in Six-Updater's "MAIN" page.

That's how I got mine going either way.

@niQ: Just copy the same face you're using in your ****.arma2profile in your my documents\arma 2 other profiles\account\

I have German version of arma ii and use the English mod, however all my Ace features Are in German still. Any wAy for me to sort this??

I have German version of arma ii and use the English mod, however all my Ace features Are in German still. Any wAy for me to sort this??
We call it a BIS-bug, because they don't provide us with an official language selection.

If there is any news about the official language selector, then we will probably not do anything about the languages, as it will be fixed once BIS provides the selector.

However, if it isn't planned / certainly not coming, I think we will add language mods, not unlike the well known language patches for ArmA 2.

The issue is being tracked here; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6615

I want to ask my question, the creators of ACE2. When you are planning to release ACE2 mod exe. file? :pray: For people with bad English is very difficult to install all program and updates. :(

(sorry for bad english)

Feel free to tell us about your ACE server so we add it to the list!

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/stats

Servers on the list, will show up in the web-client, and can be directly joined with the required mods!

For those with "No valid installation folder found"

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/6852

No-valid-installation-folder-found

I want to ask my question, the creators of ACE2. When you are planning to release ACE2 mod exe. file? :pray: For people with bad English is very difficult to install all program and updates. :(

(sorry for bad english)

Hi, please check http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy, it should get you started in a few minutes.

If English is problem, please use a Translator, or request a translation.

I think i've seen Spanish, Chinese and Japanese instructions out there already :)

There are also alternative means of distribution, but it is really recommended getting the updater running.

Edited by Sickboy

Could also try running "Process Userconfigs" under the actions drop down in Six-Updater's "MAIN" page.

That's how I got mine going either way.

@niQ: Just copy the same face you're using in your ****.arma2profile in your my documents\arma 2 other profiles\account\

Im on the page looking at it now, Any ideas how i download/run it? :)

Edited by A Smed

Thanks for the info. I got the idea that the other topic was more for discussion around the release, and i had more of a question regarding a function in the mod. This was the ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION and i wanted to discuss a mod (or atleast a function of it).

The part with the other topic beeing 300(?) posts long did not push me into making a new topic more then the reson that i just didnt want to make that topic even more cluttered with discussion that did not belong there.

Anyway thanks for the fast response, will try it out now!

/Kalle

Thankyou for the followup and info. I am really really pleased with this mod thus far and it's still beta.

NP RAINF! Glad you are enjoying!

Here is another Server:

b_560x95.png

Added, thanks a lot! Keep em coming :-)

Im on the page looking at it now, Any ideas how i download/run it?

Select it on the drop down box and then just like you'd do with the normal update process, just click on EXECUTE and it should do it all for you, then just do the editing of the file and you'll be good to go in game with the masks etc.

Good luck.

Select it on the drop down box and then just like you'd do with the normal update process, just click on EXECUTE and it should do it all for you, then just do the editing of the file and you'll be good to go in game with the masks etc.

Good luck.

Just done it now and there still isnt any folder added to my Arma 2 directory :(

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

When i click execute and the DOS window pops up this is what it says:

Processing:

Now i dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing lol....

= @ACE

Does not seem to be a Repository!

= @ACEX

= @CBA

Postprocessing:

Processing General Tasks:

Ready!

Edited by A Smed

I haven't found a solution by browsing the thread, nor do I know if this is the best place for complaints, but at some point I'm completely unable to select any kind of special items such as Whitefos and stun-grenades. It just happened and doesn't scroll to those items no matter what I press.

The page six-updater is supposed to connect to is offline? Tried yesterday too with same results...