Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

I had a bit of the same issue on the 10th SFG server. Mk48, 900 rounds of ammo, huffing and puffing just walking.. I couldn't keep up with my team. Every 1:30min we had to rest for 1 minute just so I could walk. Got a bit frustrating.

I really don't mind the limits as much as the recovery time. The recovery time of an in shape person is not that long.

Edit: This was last week, so sorry if it changed since then.

900 rounds is very heavy, trust me you don't go far very fast

Weapon rest doesn't seem to work for me for the natural stone walls, which are all over the countryside, either (those with the moss all over them).

Works for me

Someone, help...

How can I disable these groups markers (tracking markers)??

Not only for myself, but for everyone who plays on this mission, or on my server?

Sometimes (often) they are hampered!

I had a bit of the same issue on the 10th SFG server. Mk48, 900 rounds of ammo, huffing and puffing just walking.. I couldn't keep up with my team. Every 1:30min we had to rest for 1 minute just so I could walk. Got a bit frustrating.

Let's see here... 8.5kg weapon. 9x3kg ammo boxes. That's 35kg, just your weapon and ammo. Add 20kg more for your dude's default gear. Yes, it would be very tiresome to do anything but walk with your weapon at safe (i.e. slowly).

Edited by Inkompetent

No one has problems but me with scopes and the new "pressure" effect? Hmm interesting. Maybe you all dont play with PPEffects on?

So the Kestrel and Earplugs have to be used through classnames, and are not in any ammobox yes?

I don't know about pressure effect but I did test and the top and left edge of the screen flashes white when you fire the tac50 while looking througgh tthe scope

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

badger;1515532']Someone' date=' help...

How can I disable these groups markers (tracking markers)??

Not only for myself, but [b']for everyone who plays on this mission, or on my server?[/b]

Sometimes (often) they are hampered!

First, what mission are you playing, second do you mean the diamond hud markers that you can see in easy and normal mode?

I have added an example to the Updater Wiki, of a 130 MB file, which got updated with a few KB of data.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Six_Updater_Suite#Example

It is interesting to note that the speed up, and the bandwidth saving for both, client and server in this example is:

1:636!

This, and ratios like this, is what you can expect to win, when using rSync, as opposed to other distribution methods.

You would win the same with an offline delta-patch, not completely uncommon.

However, distribution and installation of such patches needs to happen manually, and thus involves more work.

It is also possible that your local file is old / modified, and thus not patchable by such means.

All of these issues are non-existent with rSync, due to realtime delta patching, and the various automations in place.

Last night I came up with the API for adding Mods to the system, expect some trials soon.

@[HA]badger:

Add the following to a mission or server side addon:

if (isServer) then { ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled = false; publicVariable "ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled" };

We hope to improve systems configurations and enabled status in a better system in the future.

Edited by Sickboy

I don't know about pressure effect but I did test and the top and left edge of the screen flashes white when you fire the tac50 while looking througgh tthe scope

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

First, what mission are you playing, second do you mean the diamond hud markers that you can see in easy and normal mode?

btw white flash... did anyone alredy mention the missing muzzle flash on the AS50?

I'd like to see some missing equipment, too. There are so many things not in ammo boxes and that are not listed in any of the equipment charts not how to activate them. Or they are not working yet?

Just an idea, wouldnt it be better to remove the map ground texture? I know there is mods out there to remove them, but loading one less mod make lifes easier rgr?

@[HA]badger:

Add the following to a mission or server side addon:

if (isServer) then { ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled = false; publicVariable "ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled" };

We hope to improve systems configurations and enabled status in a better system in the future.

Great! No, very very great thanks!

This can be any mission where the player must determine their own position. For example to find and rescue downed pilots.

Plus DM.

-------------

So i do it.

-------------

Edited by [HA]badger

don't know about pressure effect but I did test and the top and left edge of the screen flashes white when you fire the tac50 while looking througgh tthe scope

Thank you. Its actually not white color but the scope edges get transparent during the effect.

If you have PP=LOW or HIGH - please check from 3d person when you shoot TAC50. Check how the screen flashes really quick. Im sure its supposed to simulate pressure made by the high caliber. (pressure - not sure what the proper english terms are).

And yes the AS50 has an error. Missing 107 muzzle.

Because multipliers have to be used. Rate of fire is (sort of) limited to framerate, and many don't play with more than 20-25fps, which severely limits high-ROF weapons. To make sure they work as intended on lower framerates one use multipliers.

In last mod developers changed multiplier for GAU8 from 3 to 1.

With first ace i made real firerate for M61, GAU8 and M134. And it works perfectly. Of course it affects FPS but not too much.

And tell me, How often does it hapens when 10 A-10 attacking at same time or 10 m134 attacking at same time. I mean more often 15 men attacking at same time from both sides time and this is really limits my FPS, but not few A-10 or M134 or M61.

Let's see here... 8.5kg weapon. 9x3kg ammo boxes. That's 35kg, just your weapon and ammo. Add 20kg more for your dude's default gear. Yes, it would be very tiresome to do anything but walk with your weapon at safe (i.e. slowly).

This is one of ACE:s biggest advantages, the possibility to drop the rucksack when you need to engage the enemy. So pack the ammo you need for the moment and refill it between the firefights or when needed.

Alot (if not all games) you run when you go somewhere becuase of the fact that you dont want it to go very far. In real life you run only when you have a reson to because you wont get very far and in a very good condition otherwise. You have also easier to detect enemies when you walk. This is one of the biggest advantages with walking.

(Noticed i quoted the answer from the wrong person but i think you guys understand)

badger;1515581']Great! No' date=' very very great thanks!

This can be any mission where the player must determine their own position. For example to find and rescue downed pilots.

Plus DM.[/quote']

your question just seemed general but read like you were talking about a specific mission.

I'm not trained but I would never be able to run "for miles" with that kind of load. Also add the default equipment such as BDU, Helmet, mounts (not sure what the english word is) etc. I've seen airborne units (heavy load) have problems getting up if they fall with their load. Running for miles? :)

What do you mean "running is sprinting"? It is also false. You activate by:

Walking - Shift W

Running - W

Sprinting- Doubletab W

@Alex: Haven't noticed anything for earplugs, but even though I play with PP effects turn full, I'm no longer getting chromatic aberrations (rifle scopes) or scope darkening (tank gunnery scopes) effects.

I`m trained, and i used to have some sport tourism trips. After a week of walking on mountains with 30kg on my back (i weigted 70 kg) i was going to railroad to get home. When i looked at my watch and it shows that i have only 5 minutes to get in the train... it was like 700m to get to it.

I was very tired and little dehydrated after a week of climbing, walking etc. But i still had some powers to run to that train with 22 kg (other 8kg was food) on my back and i did it, without stuff like closing eyes or falling down 10 times... of course i breathed very hard, but that`s all, only hard breathing. Of course it was kinda extremal situation, but being on battlefield is more extremal than to be late for your train.

I mean when you have good trained cardio, and adrenaline pumping to your veins because you`re in extreme situation, you can do much more instead of simple every day situation when you trying to lift some stuff or get to 10 floor by stairs which can make you tired.

About problems of getting up after falling that`s true, but it`s not because of stamina problems it`s because of balance.

P.S. Training+Adrenaline=3x more power and 10x more stamina.

I still have this issue in regards to the red dots and EOTech added from ACEX. Any solutions?

EDIT: I am updated to the current version of ACE and ACEX via the Six updater as well. Running on a GTX 275, Windows 7 64-bit, and driver version 195.62.

Same Issue here, still. I updated ACE today (v 0.1.187) and during daytime, the gunsights still fade to near invisibillity in the shade and are increased/decreased in their visibillity depending which direction the sun is coming from as if they were transparent reflections painted onto the sights glass.

The ticket says it´s fixed. Has it not been implemented yet? It doesn´t seem to occur for everybody, so I´m also wondering if it could be something with my settings.

I´m going to keep an eye on this, and will test a little bit with altering the graphics settings.

Right now the red dots are a bit difficult to use when there´s sunshine and trees around :<

Try the VOPSound available on the updater-system. It fixes the broken configs, found in almost all soundmods out there.

Beautiful, fixed! Thanks Sickboy.

In last mod developers changed multiplier for GAU8 from 3 to 1.

With first ace i made real firerate for M61, GAU8 and M134. And it works perfectly. Of course it affects FPS but not too much.

And tell me, How often does it hapens when 10 A-10 attacking at same time or 10 m134 attacking at same time. I mean more often 15 men attacking at same time from both sides time and this is really limits my FPS, but not few A-10 or M134 or M61.

In ArmA1 for example there was NO difference between the 2000 and 4000 rpm modes on the M134 gatling guns in the game. Why? Limited by framerate. The game couldn't shoot rounds faster out of a weapon simply because of a higher rate of fire mode. That's what the multipliers are for. Not because shooting reduces FPS, but because FPS reduces the maximum amount of rounds fired per second.

This might have changed in ArmA2, but I experimented a lot with it in ArmA1 and people with different framerates emptied magazines on automatic weapons at different speeds and so on, all depending on framerates.

---------- Post added at 02:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

I`m trained, and i used to have some sport tourism trips. After a week of walking on mountains with 30kg on my back (i weigted 70 kg) i was going to railroad to get home. When i looked at my watch and it shows that i have only 5 minutes to get in the train... it was like 700m to get to it.

Those 30kg means you pack 10kg in ACE2, since the mod already assumes you carry 20kg of boots, combat vest, armour plates, helmet, and so on.

10kg is a M4 carbine, 8 mags, and a few hand grenades. You can run VERY far with that in ACE :)

People always forget all that other equipment.

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 AM ----------

Oh, in addition they don't realize how much it restricts your breathing to wear one of those vests.

I was very tired and little dehydrated after a week of climbing, walking etc. But i still had some powers to run to that train with 22 kg (other 8kg was food) on my back and i did it, without stuff like closing eyes or falling down 10 times... of course i breathed very hard, but that`s all, only hard breathing. Of course it was kinda extremal situation, but being on battlefield is more extremal than to be late for your train.

I mean when you have good trained cardio, and adrenaline pumping to your veins because you`re in extreme situation, you can do much more instead of simple every day situation when you trying to lift some stuff or get to 10 floor by stairs which can make you tired.

About problems of getting up after falling that`s true, but it`s not because of stamina problems it`s because of balance.

P.S. Training+Adrenaline=3x more power and 10x more stamina.

Its hard to argue with you about you experience so i wont, but i have trained crosscountry running pretty much all my life and i have been in the Swedish amphibious army that is considerd one of the more though experiences the military in Sweden has to offer. I have trained alot before i was drafted and was often out, running in the forrest with 20kg in backpack and my boots. You CAN run with that ammount in the backpack and boots, but in my experience, you cant run very fast for very long (no 2*W that is) and the weapon you have usually decrease your running performance bigtime.

When we wore out running we usually ran at a tempo slightly lower then the usual arma 2 running tempo and in that tempo we could keep going for miles...

I think this topic has been discussed so may times already so i dont think your gonna have alot of luck with changing the ACE-teams mind. But if you wanna try, send in a feature ticket. ;)

As 7.62 machinegunner in Arma2/ACE carrying 4-600 rounds (a lot for the actual gunner, we had others in buddy teams to carry additional MG stuff, incl ammunition). The "MG people" was always the ones setting the pace, due to being heavy loaded and slow. With the mentioned load in Arma, I feel like I can run (not sprint) forever.

Also remember that a lot of the weights aren't even in yet. Many rounds/mags are supposed to be heavier. Ref.. I always thought the stamina was too forgiving, maybe this will help :)

Idea: Maybe the default weight, before you start adding anything, should start at 20kg to reflect the default start weight? Maybe change as maybe armor plates are added as objects, or different for different classes (unarmed commander i.e.)? So, a heavy gunner at 35kg would show up as 55kg instead - puts things back in perspective?

<snip>

<snip>

Did you wear body armour, carry a 5kg Rifle, a bunch of ammunition/grub/navigation stuff on your chestrig, and also maintain a perfect arma2'esque 25km/h running pace all whilst getting shot at?

The biggest problem with Arma2's inventory system, which carries over to ACE2, is its nonsensical nature. Sure its a slot system; but why exactly do 40mms take up pistol slots?

As much as I enjoy the visual nature of ARMA2s system. I cannot help but feel a simple list (with weight/CC) would have been a better solution.

- k

ok trying to read all this forum and the tracker list is way to much to try read and concentrate to find any thing im looking for to me it waste of time i try searching keyword but time no luck, any way idk if this has be asked but i will ask in hope tht some one can help out or point me in the right direction i just wondering about the character seating animation in the helo as most of them stand like a star rather than seating in a seat? is tht a error or me?

Stamina is good. No point to argue on that, ACE team wont change it anyways... BUT! Recovering time is TOO LONG! ACE team you can say whatever you want on this, but it is too long, and I'm sure many will agree on this.

Effect of closing eyes and deafness is wrong, if you can't think of anything better because you don't want to affect game FPS then remove it and make character move slower with heavy breathing and hart bumping fast only....

The way it's done now is annoying even for experienced ACE players and real life trained soldiers.

Thanks guys. Writing your feedback/reports in bold, won't get the report onto the issue tracker though.

Feel free to discuss in here, but if you want it to reach our devs, you'll have to update the tracker instead :)

I think the idea is that you cannot simulate *actual* tiredness in a player, a player will just naturally run as far as he wants to because it's just a game. Introducing something that impinges on the player in a real way is a good solution IMO, even if it's not strictly "real" it does have the effect of making you think about whether you really need to run that far or not. As it should be :) It certainly makes me think about distance to run and cover etc.