Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

60718 - AI does not leave "danger" mode in MP

Hi.

Been playing a lot of Cipher with my brother in coop multiplayer, but in the latest beta (718) we hit a dead end. AI refused to leave the "danger" state (they kept on saying "Go, I'll cover" and "MOVING" and the like with a few seconds delay). Two or three of the guys would no longer move back into formation, instead sitting behind a tree looking around. We gave up at that point.

I'll try again later to see whether this was a one-time fluke or a real problem, but I wanted to post it to see whether others had a similar issue.

Hi.

Been playing a lot of Cipher with my brother in coop multiplayer, but in the latest beta (718) we hit a dead end. AI refused to leave the "danger" state (they kept on saying "Go, I'll cover" and "MOVING" and the like with a few seconds delay). Two or three of the guys would no longer move back into formation, instead sitting behind a tree looking around. We gave up at that point.

I'll try again later to see whether this was a one-time fluke or a real problem, but I wanted to post it to see whether others had a similar issue.

I had similar experience, after being in combat i had a hard time getting AI team mates to get back in formation and follow me.

I can report the same problem while playing the Chesty Puller campaign, first mission. Three of my guys basically wouldn't move. The rest of the squad was great, they almost play marine better than anybody online, so I'm very happy with the AI for the most part.

I have to report the same,

in a warfare benny edition round, every friendly AI(about 50 soldiers) is in front off a town- doing nothing. the vehicles assaulting like they should, but without dieing the AI don´t buy vehicles. after capturing a town the AI rushes forward to the next town to do there nothing again.

so we have to do it our selfs- in a 3 man lan- every goddamn city(AI setting 100% both+ super AI).

AI hardly ever seems to leave danger mode. Even in singleplayer.

-k

AI hardly ever seems to leave danger mode. Even in singleplayer.

-k

So far they did when ordered to. At the very least, though, they eventually got back into formation. Now they've been just kneeling behind a tree. Haven't tried the latest patch yet though.

There a new beta 60803 up, but the log remains the same, so Im "guessing" this fixed it?

I have been building a SP mission, which is more or less finished but before releasing I'm waiting for the next official release, (once bitten, twice shy).

I am having the same sort of problem stated above with the latest beta.

To the point where they refuse to "regroup" change combat mode or advance.

This is only a way-point and trigger mission, so there is nothing complicated interfering.

Playing as group leader results in the formation problems when ordering change modes.

If I choose a secondary role; the AI seems to follow the way-point settings as intended.

Maybe something is overriding given orders.

I will look again this evening.

Might help, might not.

EDIT just seen New Beta post above, thanks.

There a new beta 60803 up, but the log remains the same, so Im "guessing" this fixed it?

Unfortunately, it didn't. Just tried again, the problem remains. At one point, I was even able to send each guy to the ammo crates to gear up, but they keep shouting "MOVING" and "ENGAGING" while there is no one around, and there I explicitly ordered "AWARE" (even tried "SAFE").

Unfortunately, it didn't. Just tried again, the problem remains. At one point, I was even able to send each guy to the ammo crates to gear up, but they keep shouting "MOVING" and "ENGAGING" while there is no one around, and there I explicitly ordered "AWARE" (even tried "SAFE").

True, the 2 latest betas made AI a real pain to control.

Yes this is exactly what I was talking about in beta test thread.

Yep..same here. Took 3 minutes of scanning and going prone for my No4 guy to get in a truck after engagement and clearing the area.

Confirmed. AI in a group where player was leader was never able to switch back from combat to aware (or even from aware to safe).

Bug introduced in 60718

Fixed in 60818

Confirmed. AI in a group where player was leader was never able to switch back from combat to aware (or even from aware to safe).

Bug introduced in 60718

Fixed in 60818

Awesome, looking forward to test it :cool:

Bug introduced in 60718

Fixed in 60818

Great :)

In spite of my nagging about this issue, I love the new betas, lots of performance improvements. Now, if you could only fix the problem where group members on "Hold Fire" suddenly start to shoot, I'd be happy ;)

In spite of my nagging about this issue, I love the new betas, lots of performance improvements. Now, if you could only fix the problem where group members on "Hold Fire" suddenly start to shoot, I'd be happy ;)

As usual: if you really want this fixed, the best you can do is:

- create a separate topic about that (preferably on Community Issue Tracker)

- provide a very simple Utes based repro mission demonstrating the problem

- provide clear instructions how to see the problem in the mission

The units on "Hold Fire" sometimes firing is a feature, but they should do it only when absolutely necessary - i.e. when they see they are in immediate danger of being shot and there is little chance anyone else could save them. If you will create a repro in which the fire when they clearly should not, I will be very glad to check and hopefully fix it.

As usual: if you really want this fixed, the best you can do is:

Thanks, I'll do that. I was under the impression it is a known issue.

The units on "Hold Fire" sometimes firing is a feature, but they should do it only when absolutely necessary - i.e. when they see they are in immediate danger of being shot and there is little chance anyone else could save them. If you will create a repro in which the fire when they clearly should not, I will be very glad to check and hopefully fix it.
I'll try to come up with something. They certainly do open fire sometimes without being immediately threatened. I think the last time I had it was with a mission generated with the New Mission wizard, where one unit would reproducibly open fire in spite of being told to hold and was around 500 meters away from the enemy units.

Just to confirm what is probably already known: The latest beta fixes the problem with the AI stuck in combat mode :)

Thanks for the quick fix!