Caxton Gibbet

Copy My Stance -UPDATED

Thanks for the mirror Foxhound.

@MrCash: Thanks for the kind words and support.

@kremator: I take that suggestion as a compliment,thankyou.However I'm unsure if this addon is of any use in MP or even if it may cause problems in MP.

The final thing I wanted to do was to solve the 'faliure to initiate on some addons' problem.What I came up with is more a workaround than a solution but it works and I'm happy with it.V-2.03 is the final version unless any issues arise.

Please post any problems here.

It is most definately a compliment mate! I think that this should be the standard.

Keep up the good work.

while reading through the thread for Stalker's UKSF http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92247

I came across this post,

Hunted the problem down, seems using copy my stance mod causes all sorts of problems, so if anyone else has had probs and uses copy my stance mod then just remove it and all is fine, loving these stalker cant wait for your 4th rifles, thanks.

I Cannot replicate any problems when using these units with 'Copy my stance'

'Return to formation' while under behaviour 'Danger' can be troublesome/slow

with or without 'copy my stance',with these or Vanila units.

I could not recreate any problems using ammo boxes on any units.

If anyone has any more info on possible problems between these great units and 'copy my stance' could they please post them here.

Isn't this a problem with patch 1.05 and not your addon?

Yeah I believe that 1.05 has caused AI issues with some people, I was unable to recreate the issues stated in my thread with this mod too.

Would it be possible to get this to initiate on units that are added to your command such as spawned units?

I was playing this with Dynamic War mission and it works fine up until you lose men and new ones are given to you.

Would it be possible to get this to initiate on units that are added to your command such as spawned units?

I was playing this with Dynamic War mission and it works fine up until you lose men and new ones are given to you.

I have a similar situation with GL4 when you "recruit" new units.

All I do is select all units, then "copy my stance" - 7 & 9 then go prone and they will start to follow your movements once more.

I don't know if this is part of the addon but once you send units in there own stance and want them back, using copy my stance from the menu kicks them back into touch when this addon is active, I never de-activate it (always on) either.

One thing I love with this is now I trend to forget, I get incoming rounds and hit the dirt, only to remember all my team just did the same ... saved some cannon fodder for sure :0 On a mission today we were pinned down so all prone I told my team to hold fire even though they had targets, paused for about 10 seconds and then crouched, team followed my stance and then opened fire .. then we ducked again pretty fast after. I did this a few times and using that pause/hold fire/peek-a-boo loop the team AI were getting some kills in pretty fast.

BTW this was on the first mission of "Chesty Puller" ... cant recommend that campaign enough for using these addons.

Edited by mrcash2009

I Have Updated the first post with a new version:

V.3.0

Added: Support for Prone with launcher animation from SLX and ACE2.(Mods NOT Required).

Fixed: Player static crouch not being seen on mod start up.

@froggyluv.

Please try the new version.When new units are added to your team simply change your stance to have them begin copying,or switch the system off then on again.Please Let me know if it works for you.

@MrCash

thanks for helping out Froggyluv.

Please let me know if the new version adresses your recruit issue when the method suggested above is used.

Fortunatly the way the game code works means that any stance order other than 'keep low' (7,9) given via the command menu takes priority over one given via a script.The 'Keep Low' order sets the units 'unitpos' to 'Auto'.This is fortunate as 'Auto' is the only stance order given via the command menu that can be over-riden by a script.Its only because of this that the addon can work along side the normal method for setting stance.

i have a strange bug when i load the game with copy my stance

Iam not able to parachute correctly its getting jerky all over the screen and also target artillery is laggy not able to move over the map with it.

When i unload the mod all the bugs dissapear again.

Realy sorry folks,I managed to leave a small debug text in one of the scripts.:o .

I've linked the fixed version in the first post.

@tobmic.

Ive tried quickly to replicate your issues in the editor but couldn't.Could you please point me to a mission, or missions,in which you have these problems and ill have a look.

@thales100.

You're welcome.

This mod is GREAT! I can't play without this mod now! The control you get over your teammates are truly essential in tactical situations!

Just one observation...

I tried playing armory with this mod still active and the challenges won't load. It will just get stuck at the challenge loading screen and never move on. Disabling this mod solves it. I made an extremely extensive test on this and even tested it on the default game with no other mods running. You might wanna test it out and see for yourself.

Thanks for the report jasonnoguchi.

I can confirm this bug in the latest version and also in the oldest version I have.I haven't got the first clue why it is happening.

At this time I can only offer the very obviouse advice of removing the addon if planning to use the Armory part of the game.

As for a fix,well, as I don't have the first idea about where to begin,it may take a while.

I did a test and I get the same but there "might" be a fix.

Check out Victors FPS saver "VFFPS" mod, his mod uses the esc menu to load a dialogue via a menu option in which you turn it on and make settings. I notice that in armory when pressing ESC this still shows as normal, but your mod wont show in the quick command menu. So you "could" make a version that uses on/off via ESC menu and in turn that will enable and disable the mod so you can have it turned off in armory.

This isnt tested but its a "way" I guess. not sure if you want to go through all that just for a workaround, but an "ESC menu version also using the normal way" might do it.