Sign in to follow this  
Joe Porta

Why americans scare me

Wobble i will ignore your poking fun at my fact finding abilities  sad.gif

I got that statistic fro mthe 1999 Hutchinson fact finder. Which is basically a really handy encyclopeadia thing.

Did you know that the words Alcohol, algebra, assasin and sofa are all words borrowed from Arabic words?

Interesting stuff.

Anyway yeah, unless this hutchinson is a big propaganda lie book then ill trust that 8 deaths ocurred via the use of firearms. Im sure there were many hundreds or thousands of stabbings, but i just saw the statistic in the book on guns and found it quite interesting.

Likewise, hutchins says:

"From 1988 guns accounted for more deaths among teenage US males than all other causes put together"

Did you know that Confucius was born in 551 BC? Great stuff

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ April 04 2002,11:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"From 1988 guns accounted for more deaths among teenage US males than all other causes put together"<span id='postcolor'>

You sure ? I thought it was car accidents.

Me? Nooo im not sure. But Hutchinson fact finder 1999 edition is most adamant  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 04 2002,00:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ April 03 2002,16:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Personally i don't understand what the fuck is wrong with all you ppl!

Belgium's population is probably 1/1 cows to human?

You probable haven't been here once!!!  Do you really believe everything that everybody tells you? Sheesh man, i'm so damn tired of ppl thinking that Belgium is a country full of stupid farmers (no offense to farmers). When you say the name Belgium, ppl immediatly think about dumb farmers who have nothing more than cows and other animals... It's all countryside stuff, that's what everybody thinks. Yes there are many farmers here (especially in the East part) but there are lots of other stuff too. Belgium is a rich country that has one of THE BEST educating systems in the WHOLE DAMN WORLD so how many ppl do you think still care about farming here? When there's the opportunity to earn a huge amount of money, there aren't a lot of farmers... Oh and there ARE a lot of guns in this country too, and a lot of dangerous stuff happen here.

It's not cuz this is a small country that we don't have a lot of criminality, some really serious stuff happend here (one of these is "de bende van Nijvel", translated to english that would be something like "the gang of Nijvel" biggrin.gif , these guys have killed many ppl without giving a damn and even today there still isn't any real proof about who did it), cities like Antwerp, Brussels, Mechelen,... can be very dangerous at night.

I'm not attacking you Albert Schweizer, you're a really nice and cool guy and i have a lot of respect for you and all the other Forum members. I'm just a bit sick of ppl that say stuff that was correct 50 years ago but that is totally wrong in these days... just like the cow thing

Now... i said my thing biggrin.gif Lets get back to the "accident with guns" thing, i'm not talking about all the ppl that got killed together in one country. I'm talking  about the scale of the whole population on 100 (Sry if this isn't really clear to you, i don't know all those hard words in English wink.gif  ) that had this accident, so the population doesn't really matter...

Ofcourse it is possible that i made a mistake while reading the article, i while re-read it when i find it again and perhap you are right. We'll see...<span id='postcolor'>

I was born in Aachen and my parents still live there. And this is pretty in the south of Aachen, so if I take a walk I reach the point of the 'three countries' (Germany, Holland, Belgium)in about 3 minutes. And Spa is about half an hour from here (formula 1).

I think I know Belgium, and I am still still still very much sure that my thesis: 'Belgium is rather a 'farmers-country' than a 'Queens-downtown-Getho' must be true!

Well thanks god! I only wonder why you defend the opposite. Just because you like R&B doesnt mean you have to live in a gang-neighbourhood!

I know my little Aachen and I know that in our area nothing realy differs, all the Benelux States are pretty much like my little Aachen tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe

You are right, it's rather a farmers country than a Queens dowtown ghetto. The reason is pretty simple, i think, Belgium isn't a ghetto at all, there isn't a lot of criminality here.

I can't remember saying that i live in a ghetto, the thing about criminality in Belgium was just to show that there are a lot of weapons in Belgium (not where i live, but i live in some stupid village sad.gif ). And that there are a lot of accidents with 'em, i keep defending what i was talking about cuz i'm sick of ppl calling the ppl that live in Belgium (including myself) farmers. Yeah, there are farmers here, but the biggest part of our country aren't farmers. Anyway, i'm not gonna keep nagging about this subject, other ppl can believe or think what they want to believe/think.

I just hope ppl might think twice now before calling some Belgian guy a farmer.

It was nice having this conversation, now we both know some more about eachother biggrin.gifwink.gif

ps: Aachen sounds so familiar, where is it exactly?

pss: Ppl who say that they're in a ghetto just cuz they like r&b, rap,... are stupid sissys. If you ask me, you see enough of these cry babies on TV already! biggrin.gif

I had a belgian chocolate easter egg the other day. And those blegian praline seashell chocolates are rather tasty.

LMAO, yeah, nice chocolate, beer and sometimes even nice ladies (i said SOMETIMES). That are the positive things when you live here biggrin.gif

The beer's good, but sprouts are soooo damn disgusting, nothing to be proud about if you ask me biggrin.gif

Hey kingbeast, perhaps you can help me, d'you know how i can lower the amount of pixels in my pic that i post in my signature, it's too big now.

I've also posted this on the General Forum but i don't get any replies, you're a modeler so perhaps you know it!

Actually it was a play of words. You know that little place called brussels? biggrin.gif

But on a different note, brussel sprouts are yummm

Im not a moderator, i resigned biggrin.gif

Well i only have Paintshop pro 7, and im not 100% familiar with it so i guess im the wrong person to asl sad.gif

Do i know Brussels? That's the capital of B so i should know it right biggrin.gif

Sprouts=yumm? NOOOOOOT

Um... actually i said modeler (those guys who make stuff with their comp) not moderator biggrin.gif

I'll just wait for the reply on the Gen. For.

Thanks anyway

Im tired, wont get much sense out of me. As i have already proven sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ April 04 2002,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LMAO, yeah, nice chocolate, beer and sometimes even nice ladies (i said SOMETIMES). That are the positive things when you live here  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I am not saying this to please you, but in fact the most beautiful girl I learned to know so far was from Belgium. I was surprised too! smile.gif

I am kind of superficial so if I admit that I think a girl is a killer, then she must be killer. She looked as if she just came from a Jill Sander cat-walk. But why do you always learn to know them abroad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 04 2002,17:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was surprised too! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What d'you mean by that huh?

LMAO j/k man

Over here there are 2 kinds of women: extremely beautyful or ugly as hell, you just need to be the lucky bastard that meets the first kind biggrin.gif

ps: lucky bastard mad.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 04 2002,17:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am not saying this to please you, but in fact the most beautiful girl I learned to know so far was from Belgium. I was surprised too! smile.gif

I am kind of superficial so if I admit that I think a girl is a killer, then she must be killer. She looked as if she just came from a Jill Sander cat-walk. But why do you always learn to know them abroad.<span id='postcolor'>

Same thing happened to me - a Belgian girl. Maybe she was not the most beautiful but she was one of the most interesting.

She was addicted to chocolate, or so she saíd. I mean an actual physical addiction which apparently had started when she had eaten a whole pound of chocolate as a kid.

She also told me she was Ë brasilian, and I know she danced samba and salsa, and quoted Saramago.

I also suspect she was a pathological liar.

But I didn't mind. We had a lot of nice s*x  biggrin.gif

The suddenly she vanished into thin air, and I found out she moved in with another guy two days later.

This is the kind of girl I will never forget...

Hey, Belgium is cool. The beer tastes nice, the people are friendly, taxes are lower than in Holland, they make great chocolate and they have the Ardennes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 04 2002,04:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 04 2002,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 04 2002,00:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh yeah i forgot to add that cops are gay and patronizing and shouldn`t really have gone into a job like that if they have families or intend to have them !duh!<span id='postcolor'>

The only experiences I've had with the English police force are positive ones, they've arrived when requested, performed their jobs with professionalism and genuine concern, perhaps the reason I've had good experiences with them is the fact that the times I've met them I've been the victim of crime not the perpetrator.........

I have no idea if any of the police I've met are homosexuals but personally as long as they do their job correctly I really don't care.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats the kinda thing a cop would say :/<span id='postcolor'>

No it's the kind of thing a law abiding adult would say.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 04 2002,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 04 2002,04:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 04 2002,04:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ April 04 2002,00:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">oh yeah i forgot to add that cops are gay and patronizing and shouldn`t really have gone into a job like that if they have families or intend to have them !duh!<span id='postcolor'>

The only experiences I've had with the English police force are positive ones, they've arrived when requested, performed their jobs with professionalism and genuine concern, perhaps the reason I've had good experiences with them is the fact that the times I've met them I've been the victim of crime not the perpetrator.........

I have no idea if any of the police I've met are homosexuals but personally as long as they do their job correctly I really don't care.<span id='postcolor'>

Thats the kinda thing a cop would say :/<span id='postcolor'>

No it's the kind of thing a law abiding adult would say.<span id='postcolor'>

more like: that's what a law-abiding, correct-minded adult would say smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What rubbish. 1 homocide = 1 homocide. 2 homcides = 2 homocides. In any country.

Example - Homocide rate per 100,000 people (1995)

USA - 8

Netherlands - 1.8<span id='postcolor'>

Vermont, USA - 1.5 (1997) Source - fbi.gov

wow.. look! we're safer here in Vermont, USA and... get this.. we have arguably the loosest gun control in the United States.

I can buy a pistol and carry it concealed without any form of fee or permit.

now.. didn't you mention something about England?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/Print/0,3858,3950586,00.html

ya and i bet Cali has the highest rates (or one of the) and they have very tight gun laws

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rpc007 @ April 05 2002,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ya and i bet Cali has the highest rates (or one of the) and they have very tight gun laws<span id='postcolor'>

Worse yet, look at the District of Columbia. All firearms possession is outlawed there, yet they consistently have one of the highest murder rates in the nation.

Let's start using common sense. Rather than trying to figure out HOW people are killing each other, let's start looking at WHY.

Why do you think there is big difference in homocides/capita between Europe and USA?

Btw. The local state laws are not a very good argument. How easy isn't it to take a gun across the state border?

I guess all the criminals from California go to Vermont to buy guns smile.gif