Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam the Experience: Discussion

I would use multiplayer missions. I don't like waiting a week or more for a proper mp mission to play with my friends.

Yeah i agree, let's push release date a week to avoid waiting a week for people to make missions :D

Our ArmA download was 1.2 gigabytes and .....I still haven't decided if I'll split it or not, so more discussion about it is welcome.

Oh one more "poll", multiplayer missions, would anyone really find them useful when released with the mod, or does everyone make their own?

1.2 gb , definately go for a split, maybe several, islands, vehicles, units etc.

makes it easier to manage for those that dont have unlimited, superfast connections.

MP missions are always good, but 1 or 2 good ones should suffice.

Well I think "good mp mission" is quite much matter of opinion. However normal mission should of course have working objectives and briefing etc.

Maybe I should do some research surfing the in-game MP server browser to see what kind of missions are played out there. But just an example, I'm afraid those hours long COOP missions with lot of walking/vehicles which I like to play, aren't that popular.

One way would be to try to add at least one of each MP style (pvp, dm, coop, etc) missions, this way players could try the game play styles out, maybe that would bring in more discussion which ones are popular etc.

Well its kind of as you say. When I refered to a 'good one' I meant one which isnt broken, has no bugs, and is some what satisfying to the majorities blood lust.

I do think your idea of making one of each is a good one. Covers most bases.

Okay i managed to modify revive script so it works, not the best solution but it will do until a proper fix is made:

Here's to sets of files, one for NVA and one for USA:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1ede07/n/ReviveScriptModificationVTE_USA.zip

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a1ede08/n/ReviveScriptModificationVTE_NVA.zip

Now i can finally finish up my mission :cool:

hello mate, can you pls reupload your files because im working on a vte mp revive mission on the razoreniya map (if my pc doesnt crash in arma all the time:mad:).

im using vte with both hotfixes but i cant get norrins revive script to work.

help would be much appreciated:D

Edited by horror1

Hey horror1 nice to see you still around. I have put a TODO task of this classname issue regarding revive script operation, I'll do my best to fix it for the upcoming releases.

Do you have any pure VTE missions under work so far or even upgrades to old ArmA missions which can be ported (not much porting as VTE is so independent)?

Will you plan on more missions when all terrains are released? :)

Hey horror1 nice to see you still around. I have put a TODO task of this classname issue regarding revive script operation, I'll do my best to fix it for the upcoming releases.

hello snake man, good to hear that.

Do you have any pure VTE missions under work so far or even upgrades to old ArmA missions which can be ported (not much porting as VTE is so independent)?

i havnt done any missions yet cause i wasnt satisfied with the jungle feeling on la drang map, but when i saw razoreniya map, wich delivers a quite good jungle feeling, i started to edit a few simple mp coop missions,still very early stage and i still need the revive script and a good functioning pc.

i will upload a small vid with the vte mod on razoreniya island to show some impressions of how good ur mod looks on razoreniya. ;)

Will you plan on more missions when all terrains are released?

im already trying my best to edit some coop missions and merging a mission to your new terrains is nothing difficult :)

unfortunately im having a strange problem with my system as arma 2 shuts down my pc after a few minutes in editor and i have no idea what causes the problem, because it happens only in editor.

i can play arma 2 for hours but as soon as i start the editor u can bet it shuts down within minutes.

its driving me nuts when im in a hurry to place some triggers and suddenly i see a black screen :mad:

i will get op.arrowhead soon and see if i will have the same problem in editor.

anyway im looking forward to ur release and hoping to relive the good old arma1 times when we played with so many players for hours in online coop missions:bounce3:

hello mate, can you pls reupload your files because im working on a vte mp revive mission on the razoreniya map (if my pc doesnt crash in arma all the time:mad:).

im using vte with both hotfixes but i cant get norrins revive script to work.

help would be much appreciated:D

I think that got fixed in a hotfix by Snake Man, but if not i'll try find the files.

I think that got fixed in a hotfix by Snake Man, but if not i'll try find the files.

nope its still a problem but snakeman is working on it.

it would be great if you could reupload your fixes :)

I've only had limited time on it, so cant really say for sure. VTE runs out of the box without problems, that is a good thing.

I made some quick MP missions which are really just to get some action going on, but we would need some contributions to fill the server up with something worth while to play.

There is lot of missions in ArmA, but as the briefings and objectives are changed in ArmA 2, porting those is in my (limited) view just as same as doing the missions from scratch.

So please people, if anyone of you have made any kind of VTE ArmA 2 missions, post here or contact me on our forums etc.

Thanks.

Download the preview, run ArmA 2 OA v1.52, click multiplayer with "pmc" filter and there is no more waiting :)

That mission on the screenshot is still running on the server while I'm writing this post.

Awesome, I didn't think it would be up now. Time to humiliate myself with my crappy skills xD.

PMC Tactical VTE dedicated server update!

We are now running new VTE version in our server, you can download it from Six-Updater.

You can NOT join with "VTE ArmA 2 Preview" version anymore.

is there any other way to download the new version i have no idea how this six updater works,lol.

did you manage to fix the problems with the revive script? this would be great for mission making:)

No other downloads, its on Six-Updater only. The revive script bug has fixed already in one of the hot fixes.

Sad to hear that,I would like to see a normal dowload 2,next to any other way like six-updater or yoma, but not a big fan off those.

The revive script bug has fixed already in one of the hot fixes.

sure? it doesnt seem to work for me.

i have both hotfixes and cant figure out what is going wrong.

it works with any faction else then vte.

btw can you tell me the exact faction name wich i must use in a zone restriction module? eg : GUE for guerilla

I could try uploading it , but the problem is it will only be good for a week or less, since we may update the mod.

horror1 sorry I never used the revive scripts, I was instructed how to fix it and as far as I recall it was done.

Do you have example mission for ArmA 2 version of VTE which I could try out in our server to be 100% sure about this issue and once for all put it to rest?

you are right, i tested it with the newest norrins revive but i used an older script and this made the conflict, now the revive works indeed.:yay:

Great to hear that :)

Did you get to use Six-Updater to download the latest, or had a problems with the system?

I might but out stable version so we can all click one http link to download it and enjoy some MP without have to worry if I run latest build or not. Is there any interest for some MP gaming? ;)

Is there any interest for some MP gaming? ;)

Of course! I won't have a reliable internet connect in about a month, and I would love to be able to play some VTE before that happens. I... "dislike" using the Six-Updater though, which is why I haven't joined in yet.