Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians at War Addon Team

Holy damn those vehicles are looking sweet!

Can't wait to do some tactical driving!!! ;)

So a bit of a heads up on whats been going on and how we are going to release. Last few weeks both my self and norrin have had RL get in the way of things so we have put the vehicles on the back burner for a bit and have been working on getting our previous ArmA2 content working with OA features.

We have completley reorganised our PBO layout to take advantage of the update features available with yoma addon sync. The new pbo layout should be a lot more update friendly and hopefully make updating and fixing the little things a easier on the old download limits.

Big thanks to AEF has been kind enough to provide us with a Yoma addonsync host through platform networks.

First release will be the updated weapons and infantry. We have got the IR lasers working on the weapons and have added in the F88Sa2 variations of the F88 and the 9mm Self loading Pistol. We are upading the infantry with the OA backpack proxy positions and FLIR maps. After this is done we will start adding vehicles and aircraft to the mod using the yoma repository provided by AEF and platform networks.

aawwu1.jpgaawwu2.jpg

Few screenshots showing off the F88Sa2 and the aaw infantry on Takistan by Sabre

looking good!

can't wait for the update, good luck!

One thing i've noticed about the AAW infantry is that the pants they wear are a bit baggy compared to the shirts they wear, it just makes them look a bit out of proportion to me, but it's your call.

Yeh theres a few things I'm not happy with regarding the infantry units. Gonna start on SF stuff at the end of the year and I intend to rework a lot of the infantry stuff at the same time (yes sections as well CamD! :D)

Anyway finallyyy got a side arm for them instead of the 1911 or baretta

9mm Self Loading Pistol

9mmSLP-1.jpg

are they based off the a2 sample models? i recall them having fat legs

No the units were modeled, textured and rigged from scatch by AAW as the BIS units profile doesnt match what the ADF uniform should look like.

They have baggy pants which are accurate to what the ADF pants should look like. However the shirt sleeves in particular need to be baggier to match the rest of the model as they taper off to much at the moment, hardly a big issue in the long run tho.

Browning looks great lads. :)

A shame us Brits are getting rid of it, otherwise I'd use it all the time.

hey guys everytime I start up OA/ARMA2 combined ops, i get an error that says 'No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Throw.ACE_IRstrobeMuzzle"

then when I try to put ANY type of unit in editpr it looks like it about to launch, then says "no entry'optic.models..'

why is it doing this? when i disable the AAW stuff, it lets it work. but i would like to use aussies, any help??

Issue has been fixed for the initial version of the @aaw_oa release, havnt got a eta just but hopefully not to much longer

This addon was fantastic when i played it at NZARMA and im really looking forward to the OA AAW release, :D thanks

the BM's look great mate,

will they have 50' MK19's as well?

also what about a PWS for 50's 58's. maybe some pack's hanging off the side too.