Sign in to follow this  
[xdf]kanga

Australians at War Addon Team

Impressive modelling dude.

Can't wait to see it in game.

Would also be cool to see a Dutch version. Not much different texture wise.

The red kangeroo is replaced with a tri-color flag.

nah there's a few differences between the versions, Dutch version looks like they have an extra layer of armour or something on it, noticed the windows dont extend out. Also the dutch have a different weapon station and mount 50 cals on there bushmasters, believe they had to strengthen there roofs to accommodate them. Our bushmasters only go as far as the mag 58 with I'm assuming must be a lighter remote weapon station.

Ah ok never noticed that, thought they were bought off the shelf cause there was an urgent need for them.

But you are right though they are a little different.

Ah ok never noticed that, thought they were bought off the shelf cause there was an urgent need for them.

But you are right though they are a little different.

I'm pretty sure they were purchased directly from the aussies (all of the original order came from Aussie stock and went directly to the operational theatre with 2 being sent to the netherlands for training purposes)...in fact i know they were. Having said that i also thought i saw somewhere that the dutch army did some field mods on them.

The detail on the bushmaster is fantastic. Really looking forward to this! :)

The ever changing and evolution in this mod is brilliant, many thanks for the release & effort guys.

looks very nice :) shits all over the crappy old one i was working on

Edited by EMERY

Fantastic work guys - as said on AusArmA, eagerly awaiting the next release / update :)

All our missions now use the units + weapons as standard addons.

Absolutely great work guys! The level of detail in all of your work is simply the best!

nah there's a few differences between the versions, Dutch version looks like they have an extra layer of armour or something on it, noticed the windows dont extend out. Also the dutch have a different weapon station and mount 50 cals on there bushmasters, believe they had to strengthen there roofs to accommodate them. Our bushmasters only go as far as the mag 58 with I'm assuming must be a lighter remote weapon station.

Depends, some are upgraded some not.

http://sitelife.aviationweek.com/ver1.0/Content/images/store/2/15/b2d4a152-e16f-4651-bf5d-57ca8100e9de.Large.jpg

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/8193/crows3it1.jpg

As you can see they also fitted Bushmasters with a Remote weapon system.

More info: http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blogs/defense/index.jsp?plckController=Blog&plckScript=blogscript&plckElementId=blogDest&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&plckPostId=Blog%3A27ec4a53-dcc8-42d0-bd3a-01329aef79a7Post%3A283ea6fb-81f6-4c41-92fb-cfda9c3f8bb5

And there are also a few fitted with a IED arm.

http://www.defence.gov.au/dmo/news/ontarget/2009/May09/images/hl7_Interrogator_Bushmaster.jpg

Frontpaged vma.co.nz

Always wanted to say that, someone always saying that around here :p

Awesome work as always!! :cool:

Could anyone advise what the classname of the Ninox is? Only stumbled on it in the magicbox and now wanting to add it to a mission.

Found it, "aawNinox"

Edited by tromac
Answered own question

Looks fantastic Soldier X. Really looking forward to release! :)

Deeyyuumn soldier x! you gonna charge for that aslav :P lol jk. thats good work.

Two points to make.

1) Holy CRAP that ASLAV looks sweet! :D

2) Any plans to represent the new mid point DPCU camouflage in the AAW mod?

This is not to be taken as actually liking the new camouflage, which having only seen a few photos looks like it's a pretty poor excuse for multi-terrain pattern. Far too much red in the brown, way too light a background colour combined with keeping the old jellybean/rabbitear style pattern despite it being a bit of a liability due to its lack of macropatterning and poor micropatterning.

I mean don't get me wrong, I like the old bunny ears, but its a WWII dated camouflage, and they don't still use anything else in the military that's that damn antiquated...

Back on topic though, personal feelings about the camouflage aside, if this is going to be used in Afghanistan are the AAW mod planning on doing a version of the infantry with it at some point? :)

r3volution said:
I mean don't get me wrong, I like the old bunny ears, but its a WWII dated camouflage, and they don't still use anything else in the military that's that damn antiquated...

Still works though.

We are bascially trying to cover things in current use, so if it gets adopted and issued out (personally I hope not :D) we'd have to look at it, but at this stage no plans to include it, we have more things to do on our other projects to give the infantry abit of company.

And like CMcD said, if it aint broke don't fix it :)

W.I.P previews of the bushmaster in bulldozer and a unarmed variation of the S70 with fuel tanks.

bushmasterO2_sml.jpg

I am currently working on a PWS for the bushmaster as well, will post up screenies when I have them

s70_sml.jpg

We will be doing another version of the S70 with mag 58s which will feature 58s with spade handle configuration and a brass deflector

Great stuff, I've always liked the ADF colour schemes, it suits both the aircraft and vehicles very well. :)