Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Since ArmA2, script load caused by the mission and/or addons does not have to affect FPS, while it still affects the reliability of scripts.

Known way around that is to switch the code to a per-frame-handler, but I think zGuba and Mandoble already discussed this.

Gossamer, I have no problems with the Jav while firing in third person or firing and then switching to third person. But consider that for manual guided ones the reference is the screen's center, if are in optics the missile will always go to where your optics are pointing at, but if not in optics and you turn your head, the missile will try to go there where you are now looking at.

I'll try to get a video or figure out how to repro.

It might not happen anymore either, all I know is that it used to. Then I learned my lesson and decided to stay in optics lol.

Sickboy, what's that per-frame-handler code? something addon dependant or can it run in plain script suite missions too?

Gossamer, might be what you perceived was guidance lost when switching from Jav to other weapon? This happened in the past but now the Jav shoud keep with full self guidance even if you drop the launcher after firing. Hopefuly this is already fixing the problem with ACE2 disposable tube.

Ok, I think we found what was causing the issues. Apparently there were some modules missing in the specific missions we were doing.

Hi , I am a friend of Hartmann, and we have been having the same issue.

The problem seems to be with operating Mando in in complex missions, like Warfare BE ACE and MCC. The guided version works perfectly, only problem comes from the wire/SACLOS missiles.

We had the same version did a test on one of your test missions the missiles fly perfectly fine every time. However putting into MCC or “warfare BE ACE†Via local start “not server or mission side†didn’t work, I then added mando to the mission, with same results. The missiles fly irregularly, most of the time with no guidance or very very limited guidance.

We did a full mod check, reinstall of the game, my FPS is around 90-70 when doing the tests, and ping is around 150ms between us, be advised that the issue also happens when using those missions in SP mode as well.

We have been trying to fix this for a few weeks now, with no good results. At the moment I am trying to disable wire/SACLOS missiles for mando while keeping the Air and guided weapons in. I have tried ur comment that you responded to Hartmann a few pages back, but that only resulted in them just becoming dumb fire ones.

Here is a link of the MCC mission with mando implanted into the mission as per the PDF file. http://www.speedyshare.com/files/29575140/CO_MCC_SANDBOX_V17mmaz.Chernarus.pbo

i would really appreciate if you can help us with either solution, fixing mando or disabling wire guided.

Thanks

SirScorpion, the init.sqs seems to be wrong, you have your mma setups below a condition checking for alive player, this will never work on a dedi as there are no alive player on the server and MMA must be initialized server side and player side always. Try moving all the MMA setup block to the very first lines of the init.sqf.

Also, if you are not using FFAA mod, you dont need its MMA setup, and if you are not creating mando guns mando_guninit.sqf is not required.

thanks for the quick response mandoble, just did that.

though mando still works on the server, Even before moving them to the top.

so moved all the required lines in the init.sqf to the top. game works, mando Hud works, but wire guided missiles fly all over the place :(

SirScorpion, might be that's a problem with MCC mission? You did mention Warfare, might be Gossamer can tell us if warfare presents that kind of problems with manually guided missiles.

Can you list a particular example of wire guided flying all over the place? Type of launcher, if there was gunner and driver there in case of vehicle?

SirScorpion, might be that's a problem with MCC mission? You did mention Warfare, might be Gossamer can tell us if warfare presents that kind of problems with manually guided missiles.

Can you list a particular example of wire guided flying all over the place? Type of launcher, if there was gunner and driver there in case of vehicle?

I don't know of any issues with guided missiles in Warfare. Hell I just used the BRDM2 ATGM and Metis yesterday and they worked great.

As Mando said, please tell us what weapons/units you are using.

sure, warfare has less of an issue, missiles stile wobble a bit, but are controllable to some extent most of the time. also less people have issues with warfare.

in MCC the issue is much more apparent.

the missiles are ranked on severity of control loss are:

Tow, "land based" Bradly A2/A3, no control for every one. just flys tracks for half a sec then some times blow up in mid air, or fly in a random direction till out of fuel.

Metis almost always no control, red X control aera is limited "to track must keep around red X" but with MCC the track range is around 1 pixle. missile also spawns and flys higher than the cross-hair "u fire and have to chase the X. also u wont get more than very very limited control on the X

AT5, better than the others with about 30% failure rate.

M47 Dragon, works perfectly fine.

Javeln works fine as well but thats box lock.

all Air weapons work fine, ATGM etc, AA weapons also work fine "Stingers, igla, tunguska"

yes i am thinking some missions scripts clash with some ATGMs. but why would a M47 be different from a tow? i dont know

Good question because setups for Metis and M47 are quite similar, the TOW is a bit faster than both of them.

Good question because setups for Metis and M47 are quite similar, the TOW is a bit faster than both of them.

It sounds like there might be some client side issues more.

@Mando: Does MMA still have issues if you use anything besides "Normal" Interface size? I know you've said before that you recommend "Normal", but I use "Small" myself and have no issues. I'm not too sure how things work, so I was just wondering if you maybe use "Very Small" interface size if there could be issues?

I'll take some videos of myself firing a bunch of the Guided missiles just to prove that they do infact work for myself.

I had similar problems with an old version of mma in combination with ACE2 mod, did you try the new test version from a few posts back?

Gossamer, in the worst case with very small IS you will see MFDs very small ;) There is not any functional restriction, just eye-candy, if any.

Gossamer, in the worst case with very small IS you will see MFDs very small ;) There is not any functional restriction, just eye-candy, if any.

ah ok.

I have a request that I'd like to see as an option (via init variable in mando setup). Show the little red box around enemies within range of the Manpads again. I've found that manpads are very hard to use now lol. I never know if I'm aiming properly and I end up just having to spam tab until I hear the locking sound.

@GossamerSolid we did the test with the same version on a normal mando mission and they all worked fine, only changing item is the Mission.

my conclusion is MCC breaks Mando wire guided missiles, why and how? no idea.

Mando or any others who can help. I have searched and read over 100 pages of this topic. I am trying to use GNAT's B52 for carpet bombing via the console. I have this set up exactly as ADuke did on page 150 of this thread. It works perfectly, except, it will not drop the bombs, just as ADuke. I still cannot figure out how to add the gunner without editing the mando_airsupportdlg.sqf. I would like to enter this into the my_console_setup.sqf within the parameters of mando_airsupport_carpetcode. Is this feasible? Should this be added elsewhere? If you could provide an example, it would be very helpful. Thank You

panther42, the code should be there: mando_airsupport_carpetcode

mando_airsupport_carpetcode =
{
  private["_plane", "_targetpos", "_widx"];
  _plane = _this select 0;
  _targetpos = _this select 1;
  while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 2000) && (alive _plane)} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

if (alive _plane) then
  {
     _widx = [_plane, "BombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;
     for [{_i=0}, {_i<6}, {_i=_i+1}] do
     {
        _plane action ["useWeapon", _plane, driver _plane,  _widx];
        Sleep 0.4;
     };
  };
}; 

But, with the B52 you need to replace the weapon class name "BombLauncher" for the AV8

and replace driver _plane by gunner _plane

Also _i<6 by _i<X, being X the number of bomb salvoes loaded in the B52

You may also change the distance from target to start dropping bombs, less than 2Km for the AV8 which is way faster than the B52

Yes sir, I have all of that corrected. I need to add the gunner to the aircraft. You stated before, only the pilot is created when the B52 is spawned. I need to know how to add code to spawn the gunner when the aircraft is spawned. I have this in my_console_setup:

// Carpet bombing custom code global variable for B52
{
  _plane = _this select 0;
  while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 1500) && (alive _plane)} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

if (alive _plane) then
  {
     _widx = [_plane, "GNTMK82BombRail"] call mando_weaponindex;
     for [{_i=0}, {_i<1}, {_i=_i+1}] do
     {
        _plane action ["useWeapon",_plane,gunner _plane, _widx];
        Sleep 0.4;
     };
  };
};

You might try something like this:

_gunner = (group driver _plane) createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
_gunner setskill 0.5;
_gunner moveInGunner _plane;

I cannot get this working for the life of me...I have tried multiple variations. Where exactly should I insert this code for the gunner?

Thank you for your time Mando, this does not work for me...:confused:

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:47 ----------

I figured it out...Instead of GNTMK82BombRail, I looked at GNAT's weapon readme, and I used GNTMK82Launcher. This works. :bounce3:

Here is the code I am using. Maybe this can spare someone else the headache:

mando_airsupport_type_cb = "GNTB52";

and this carpet bombing code:

{   
  _plane = _this select 0;
  _gunner = (group driver _plane) createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
  _gunner setskill 0.5;
  _gunner moveInGunner _plane;
  while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 1500) && (alive _plane)} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

if (alive _plane) then
  {      
     _widx = [_plane, "GNTMK82Launcher"] call mando_weaponindex;
     for [{_i=0}, {_i<1}, {_i=_i+1}] do
     {
        _plane action ["useWeapon",_plane,gunner _plane, _widx];
        Sleep 0.4;
     };
  };
};

Of course, you can probably adjust{_i<x} to suite your liking.

Edited by panther42
add more info