Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

The best place would be to do that at mission level, starting with init.sqf.

You can also set default values executing an initialization script from the init event handler of a unit, but I think doing that at mission level is way more clean and flexible.

I'm having some trouble here, when I add this....

class EventHandlers {

init = "["Air Support", {alive _this}] execVM ""\mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_giveme_console.sqf""";

};

I get a config error in BinPBO and if I ignore it and add the addon anyway, I don't see my units listed in the editor.

Know why?

I wish the rpt was more detailed as to why it's not working, it just gives me a bunch of "blah blah blah is not a value".

Thanks,

-AD

EDIT: I am going to take this over to the config section because I don't think the errors are specific to Mando missiles.

Edited by ADuke

Missing double "" in "Air Support" might be?

Anyway it might be better to create an internal script to make sure MMA is initialized.

class EventHandlers
{
  init = "_this execVM""\your_addon_name\mma_console_on.sqf"""; 
};	

And then for mma_console_on.sqf inside your addon:

_unit = _this select 0;
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};
["Air Support", {(player == _unit)}] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_giveme_console .sqf";

Hi Mandoble.

The UH1Ys Laser marker is currently unlockable by the MMAs systems.

Could you/will you add the "transmit laser target" action to the UH1Ys Observer for the next version of MMA?

Thanks

TOTAL22

TOTAL22, I need a criteria to add the action as that chopper has no laser marker listed in the weapons array, and the observer is not a known position: gunner, driver, commander. Might be that position is a turret, but then I need the correct turret path. If you can provide that path or other solid criteria to activate that action in the UH1Y, then I can add it for next version.

Mando, is it possible for you to increase the rate of fire for the Hellfires to one missile every two seconds?

Real world crews can (and do) launch multiple missiles at a time and simply drag the laser as the missiles impact.

In addition the Longbow enabled missiles can theoretically detect, select and destroy 16 targets in 28 seconds launched from a single Apache.

References: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/docs/1helfire.pdf and Apache by Ed Macy.

Thanks,

Dan

Edited by Daniel
changed 6 targets to 16 targets

Daniel, you already can do that.

Use TV mode, fire without fixing the lock, but aim always to the ground (not to the air) and keep firing missiles with the RBM while you guide all of them dragging the aiming point. In fact, you can fire almost one per second.

I'm still getting a rate of fire of around one missile every 10 seconds, i'll check if it's ACE2...

Make sure you are using the MMA TV Hellfire camera, not from the monocle. From monocle the ROF is around 1 ever 3 secs, but if you fire LOBL from monocle, you will need to really fix the lock to have them guiding to a target. From TV you can guide them draggin the camera's center manually while you keep firing almost 1 per second (no ACE2 here).

No, it is very much an ACE2 issue, I should have checked beforehand. Thanks for your time. I've put a ticket on the issue tracker.

Edited by Daniel

Hi, im new to this mod and arma in general so please bare with me.

I just installed this mod and im trying to use the mavericks on the A-10 but it seems the only way i can use them is by switching to the "AGM65 Camera" which seems confusing as how is 1 person meant to fly and then at the same time locate, line up and destroy a target using this camera ? i don't really know anything about the military so maybe they actually do this in real life ?

i was just hoping to be able to fire off mavericks from the standard cockpit view. I've switch my hud mode to "AGM65 (Ground)" but the lock on doesn't seem to work properly when i press tab, it doesn't lock onto the target in the same way some missiles do on various other aircrafts such as the AH-1Z.

Is this a known glitch or am i doing something wrong ?

any help would REALLY be appreciated :cool:

i also have similar problems with a few other aircraft such as the sidewinders on the F-35B, i can't select them by pressing the F key (same as with the mavericks on the A-10) but with these i can't even find a hud or camera mode for them which will let me fire them, it's like they are impossible to use !!

oh and im using the latest version of ACE as well, just incase that might be relevant to the issue ?

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

oh and one more question while im here.

is it possible to turn off the "bi-focal" overlay for the AH64 ? i want to have all the mando missile hud stuff, just not the bi-focal...

peace

Edited by longers2010

longers2010, read the included pdf file or the online readme (first page of this thread) for controls configuration. On A10 and others you will have an MMA HUD and default keys are:

L CTRL: Change mode/weapon

L WIN: Fire weapon

TAB: Lock on target

L SHIFT: Flares

R: ECM

G: Special key (vehicle dependant).

But as said, it is better to read the included or online read me, check the HUD section. For TV systems and MCC press F1 when they are activated for usage help.

On the first page of this thread you will find links to Defunkt overlays, in case you want to replace the bifocal monocle by a single one.

Hi thanks for the quick response, i did indeed check the online readme but it was for the most part way over my head... im pretty new to this game to say the least !!!

anyway i seem to have the sidewinders sorted, had to switch the mode to "AGM65" instead of "AGM65 (ground)" and then it seems to lock on ok.

now im just trying to work out how to get the GBU 12 to lock on, i have an ai FAC operator who is grouped with me and transmitting a lase designation (which appears with red outline, although not on the actual mando hud) but when i fire off the GBU's (in any mode) they don't seem to lock on. Not sure what i am doing wrong ? what mode should i be using for the GBU 12s ? should i have the laser designation actually appearing on the HUD itself ?

a noob like myself would really appreciate any help, it's a great mod i just need to get my head around a few things and the online readme just confuses me (not the readme's fault, just my general lack of knowledge and terminology)

Edited by longers2010

"Ground" mode HUD is to lock on a ground position (the ground spot centered on screen when you press TAB).

LGBs are used from MMA TV systems, not from HUD (use menu actions to activate them). From HUD you have MMA CCIP modes for unguided bombs.

ok, i know how to use them using the tv system... i'll guess i'll stick with that.

Is there no way to have someone lase a target for you and have the LGB's lock on though ? or do lased targets automatically appear in the MMA tv system (thus making it easier to find the target ?) or is lasing targets for GBU's simply not an option ?

Cheers for the quick responses btw, it's appreciated :)

Yes, in MP games you can lase target for your friends or they can lase target for you. Each time you lock your camera, you are lase targetting for any other friendly unit. You can use also the portable laser designator to transmit laser targets.

In SP games you can mark targets for AI units with special scripts activated. You have several examples in the pack of missions uncluded within mando missile zip.

Forgot to say, laser transmitted targets are visible only in REMOTE modes of HUDs and TV cameras.

Yes, in MP games you can lase target for your friends or they can lase target for you. Each time you lock your camera, you are lase targetting for any other friendly unit. You can use also the portable laser designator to transmit laser targets.

In SP games you can mark targets for AI units with special scripts activated. You have several examples in the pack of missions uncluded within mando missile zip.

Forgot to say, laser transmitted targets are visible only in REMOTE modes of HUDs and TV cameras.

ok thanks for again for the info

i know how to access the remote modes of the tv camera but how do i access remote mode of the various huds or is it just one of the various modes we have been talking about and i haven't seen it yet as it's not available on the A-10 ?

oh and going back to one of my first questions, is it possible to for me to somehow disable or remove the bi-focal from the AH64 D hud ?

last question i promise ;)

Edited by longers2010

The A10 has no on-hud remote mode, AH64, for example, has it. You question about bi-focal hud was answered five posts ago (Defunkt's monocle replacement addon that you can find in first page of this thread).

The A10 has no on-hud remote mode, AH64, for example, has it. You question about bi-focal hud was answered five posts ago (Defunkt's monocle replacement addon that you can find in first page of this thread).

ah ok i didn't see that but what i actually meant was is it possible to get rid of the monocle thing all together, defunkts thing just centres it doesn't it ? i want to get rid of it altogether (if that is possible) so it's just got the same style hud as say the AH-1Z (ie the same as the AH64 only minus the monocole).

i appreciate the monocle is more realistic but i find it hard to see through it due to my not so great monitor !

Edited by longers2010

With the default setup you cannot, but you can toggle it on/off with the menu action. So you can fly without it, and put it on only when you want to engage enemies.

MMA already works with UAV, try included mma_test_uav_addon.Utes demo mission.

MMA already works with UAV, try included mma_test_uav_addon.Utes demo mission.

-----Yeah, I have tried this mission. It's good. But could you keep the original UAV HUD and made it possible if player use the UAV terminal to enter the UAV gunner position and then could use Laser Designator to guide the Hellfire Missile. It's very hard to use the original UAV to lock on the ground target. Though it has laser Designator and doesn't work. And your TV guide HUD seems kind weird for UAV. I prefer the wide clean full screen HUD for UAV.

Lao, feel the power of the search button ;) <- full screen layout for MMA MCC TV UAV.

-----Many thanks, Master Mandoble, I will give it a try right now!