Hans Ludwig

Anyone play WWIIONLINE?

Do you like WWIIONLINE?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like WWIIONLINE?

• Yes
    • Kind of
    • No

I have tried to play WWIIONLINE and love it, but the game is just god awful. After playing Arma1/2, the graphics for that games suck, the player models get clipped on just about everything. When you try play infantry it feels like you have 100lbs on you while swimming through syrup.

Sorry for this being a rant, but I can't see how anyone could call that game a "sim" and "fun." If I even posted all the negatives, it would end up being a wall of text from hell.

There is 1 area tho where WW2OL seems to shine: the damage modeling for tanks. It's superb and I would love to have it available in a2 too. Our mod (i44) would benefit a lot from it.

Monk.

Unlike ArmA2 it has great ballistics and armor penetration, but the controls are fubar. And considering the amount of players and the size of the map the graphics aren't bad.

There is 1 area tho where WW2OL seems to shine: the damage modeling for tanks. It's superb and I would love to have it available in a2 too. Our mod (i44) would benefit a lot from it.

Monk.

You are so right about the ballistics modeling they have going on. Sometimes It really feels it doesn't really exist where there so many wtf moments like Shermans dominating Tigers from the front.

but the controls are fubar.

It's funny you should say that. I brought it up on their forums and the fan boys said "this game has a steep learning curve and requires patience and practice to get any skills." lol Wait, what? If you played il2, Arma1/2, Red Orchestra or any other mod, you pretty much know what you are doing. There is no "steep learning curve" unless that's what you call clunky game play.

It's funny you should say that. I brought it up on their forums and the fan boys said "this game has a steep learning curve and requires patience and practice to get any skills." lol Wait, what? If you played il2, Arma1/2, Red Orchestra or any other mod, you pretty much know what you are doing. There is no "steep learning curve" unless that's what you call clunky game play.
Yeah, but steep learning curve != controls fubar

Somehow it reminds me of Enemy Engaged.

It's extremely dated. Animations suck, the flight model is pretty good. But it's not real combat. I mean you run around and fight in towns made of square blocks like stick men. You may see one or two other people, if you're lucky.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

You are so right about the ballistics modeling they have going on. Sometimes It really feels it doesn't really exist where there so many wtf moments like Shermans dominating Tigers from the front.

no, it's a huge learning curve, the controls are nothing what you would expect. Flying a plane you have so many controls to do anything, switching radio, flaps, injectors, magnetos, it's like it's own flight simulator. I played it solid for a month, and sorta figured it out. Took a while just to find where everybody was attacking, soon as you get there, High Command changes the target. it's very clunky. The only thing I really liked? Was what they were trying to accomplish. But that's it. Arma2 is all that WW2 online can offer without having a persistent world for weeks on end for a single game.

I played during the beta and at release for about a year. The player base just was not big enough for the type of battles I expected. Plus we had a ton of issues on release day... floating tanks! Lag galore!

For the time of it's release, the graphics were manageable... but by today's standard, they are flat out ugly. But on the other hand, graphics don't make the game for me, game play does, and WWIIOnline has some outstanding game play. Only if it's user base was larger :(

I don't play it anymore, last time I tried was a couple of years ago. Just not enough people online to have real fun.

$15 a month to play? ha!

i never played a game continuously everyday! one day i play arma other days ROF.

Edited by InFireBaptize

I dont play it now but its a great MMO which hopefully will get better and perhaps the steep learning curve will get easier. But for immersion and realism, its top notch. Im waiting for the big upgrade though before I get back.

Yea the graphics is not the best but consider the insane size its no wonder. And since this is a Mil-sim forum I dont think that is so important. ;)

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

I dont play it now but its a great MMO which hopefully will get better and perhaps the steep learning curve will get easier. But for immersion and realism, its top notch. Im waiting for the big upgrade though before I get back.

Yea the graphics is not the best but consider the insane size its no wonder. And since this is a Mil-sim forum I dont think that is so important. ;)

http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/

It's people like you that keep saying textures, bump mapping and graphics in general aren't important, so the makers of WWIIONLINE keep making their game look and feel like it's out of 1998.

I'm sorry, but Arma2 gives me eye candy and pretty awesome experience, so I at least expect WWIIONLINE to match or surpass it. I mean what's the point in paying 20 bones a month?

It's people like you that keep saying textures, bump mapping and graphics in general aren't important, so the makers of WWIIONLINE keep making their game look and feel like it's out of 1998.

I'm sorry, but Arma2 gives me eye candy and pretty awesome experience, so I at least expect WWIIONLINE to match or surpass it. I mean what's the point in paying 20 bones a month?

Stats, ranking, online persistent world, large scale battles from air/land/sea with up to thousands of players.

That's why you pay a monthly subscription. I'm guessing you have never played an online MMO where you have to pay a monthly fee? It's pretty basic practices...

If you don't want to play it you don't have to lol. :yay:

Stats, ranking, online persistent world, large scale battles from air/land/sea with up to thousands of players.

That's why you pay a monthly subscription. I'm guessing you have never played an online MMO where you have to pay a monthly fee? It's pretty basic practices...

If you don't want to play it you don't have to lol. :yay:

"Thousands of player" you say? lol The Europeans will tell you differently on their forums. And there are no "thousands of players" even during the US prime time. Large scale battles include nothing more than 20 on 20 usually for three towns. So you have one town with 20 on 20, another town with 20 on 20, and another town with 20 on 20. Try reading the stats when playing the game. You are the same people that fall for Consolemaster's "realistic shooter of all time" hype.

"Thousands of player" you say? lol The Europeans will tell you differently on their forums. And there are no "thousands of players" even during the US prime time. Large scale battles include nothing more than 20 on 20 usually for three towns. So you have one town with 20 on 20, another town with 20 on 20, and another town with 20 on 20. Try reading the stats when playing the game. You are the same people that fall for Consolemaster's "realistic shooter of all time" hype.

Man, you really misread my post entirely. Sheesh... :391:

Please show me where I said there are thousands of players. Go ahead, scroll up and quote it if you can find it... because I can't. Oh wait.... here is what I said which you took out of context:

with up to thousands of players.

You asked the following question;

I mean what's the point in paying 20 bones a month?

And I gave the reasons why subscription fees are needed for MMO style games. That doesn't mean WWIIOnline in general, that pertains to all MMO games.

WWIIOnline can handle up to thousands of players, but I didn't say it does have thousands. Hell, I don't even play WWIIOnline anymore, there is no point since the community is so small. Maybe if you read my initial post you would have caught that... ADD?

You seriously need to chill out and relax, especially with that stupid Codemasters reference :o: I don't care about OFPDR...

Ok we get it, you dont like the game and anyone that does is a moron.

You should have used the OFPDR font I created for your sig.

http://www.filefront.com/14661031/OFPDR-CAPITAL.rar/

I'm glade you agree with about the game.

Man, you really misread my post entirely. Sheesh... :391:

Please show me where I said there are thousands of players. Go ahead, scroll up and quote it if you can find it... because I can't. Oh wait.... here is what I said which you took out of context:

You asked the following question;

And I gave the reasons why subscription fees are needed for MMO style games. That doesn't mean WWIIOnline in general, that pertains to all MMO games.

WWIIOnline can handle up to thousands of players, but I didn't say it does have thousands. Hell, I don't even play WWIIOnline anymore, there is no point since the community is so small. Maybe if you read my initial post you would have caught that... ADD?

You seriously need to chill out and relax, especially with that stupid Codemasters reference :o: I don't care about OFPDR...

Next time don't go around making up lies that there are "thousands of players." Stuff like that causes someone to waste $20 just to find out that the battles in one given area is no more than 40 people on a good day and random time slot.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

You should have used the OFPDR font I created for your sig.

http://www.filefront.com/14661031/OFPDR-CAPITAL.rar/

I'm glade you agree with about the game.

Next time don't go around making up lies that there are "thousands of players." Stuff like that causes someone to waste $20 just to find out that the battles in one given area is no more than 40 people on a good day and random time slot.

:icon_ohmygod:

It's like talking to a brick wall! You still didn't read...

http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=227530

I'm done going in circles with you... :aa:

Why exactly did you start this thread again? I mean, it's pretty obvious you've already formed your opinion and you just want to bitch and moan. God forbid anyone disagree with you.

Why exactly did you start this thread again? I mean, it's pretty obvious you've already formed your opinion and you just want to bitch and moan. God forbid anyone disagree with you.

Duh! So it's not ok for me to bash a game that is horrible and has a community that loves to say "we have thousands of players" but in reality you will never se more than 40 people max in area of fighting? But it's ok to do the same in the DR threads?

No, it's absolutely fine for you to bash a game you dislike. "Duh". However, starting a topic asking people "what do you guys think of this game?" when you've already made your mind up what you think is utterly pointless, if all you're going to do when you encounter someone who disagrees with you is treat them like an idiot.

So if you started a thread asking what people think about a game, but are unwilling to listen to anyone saying good things, it's one of two things, because you certainly aren't looking for any real consensus. You're either looking for affirmation of your views, or you're looking for an argument. Either option makes me wonder what the point of this thread is.

Edited by Pathy

Well said.

This guy is obviously a moron.

My favourite part of this whole debacle is in his sig:

EVGA GF 8800GTS 512MB (Sli with only 1 card at the moment)

fookin' fruitcake.

Well said.

This guy is obviously a moron.

My favourite part of this whole debacle is in his sig:

EVGA GF 8800GTS 512MB (Sli with only 1 card at the moment)

fookin' fruitcake.

LOL! Good catch :bounce3:

This thread is getting more flammable than a ton of hydrogen.

Closing.