Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

RESEARCH - Non BIS made Helicopter Flight models, What do you want?

What do you want the flight models to be like?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want the flight models to be like?

• No I want an easy to fly flight model I can play with on mouse and keyboard
    • Yes I want a challenging and difficult flight model.
    • Don't ask me I just sit in the back and whimper a lot

Well, I voted for difficult, but after reading all this I would vote "just do what group A says or whatever you're happy with" if I had the chance to vote again :)

I vote easy to learn, hard to master. I like skilled fly-boys to be a slightly elite breed. Why not? If I vote time to master the ballistic model (and I have) I've learned tons of tricks; should it not be the same for pilots?

Having said that I have through the three last games spent very little time flying. Even though I have a joystick sitting in a shelf (untouched in a box) within grasping distance, I've yet to bother. I play by gentling tapping the keyboard keys, and using the mouse as a "free-look camera". I might not be a master, but I get the job done.

If someone is willing to dedicate the time and effort in learning to operate, handle, and tactically apply FLYING in a game? Well I APPLAUD THEM. I hope they recognize the value of the time me and my team spend training Assault and counter-assault techniques.

-k

I want challenging and difficult because "nice" flying is what puts me off flight in Arma & Arma2, I hardly ever play with flight elements at all with this sim.

If it was handling as accurate as it could be for joystick control and also maybe even had

developed for it also (link from ACE thread) .. then I wouldn't leave it alone :)

Id like somthing that resembles a helicopter, and allows inertia to play a bigger role.

Little harder, to make pilots EARN their right to fly.

And to avoid the ==> Mission selection ===> Classes Pools Open ==> Run for pilots, manily A-10s and Cobras.

I think the point is if simply go for "more difficult" means being "more realistic", and personally i dont think it works that way; you see, an empty load Boeing 777 can also do some impressive maneuvers, but whats the point when you have 300 people plus cargos on it?:confused:

Then again if this comes as an addon/mod, why a debate about it .. isn't like you have no choice but to use it if it comes.

More difficult is exactly what you get when you make it anything more realistic ... I mean Richard Burns Rally is difficult becuase its physics engine is realistic .. Colin Mcrae isn't because its physics is less and not meant to be directly like the real thing.

If you simply end up with a balance ... you would get maybe a little bit more than stock BIS flight ... so use that already, right?

Edited by mrcash2009

I'd say that we should make the flight model relatively stable and whatnot for the transport helos, but make the attack helos twitchier. Basically, the rule would be that the bigger the helo, the more it lumbers around. Small helos should be light, agile, and if it's the size of a Little Bird, twitchy.

Edited by Hunt3r

Go with group A, but for the love of god make it so the AI dont do the hole thing where they dip the nose down at 90' and crash into a tree at takeoff.

I'd love to see realistic flight models for helis, as someone who really wants to learn to fly helis, it would be awesome to see this happen. Also been thinking about joining the AAC to fly Apaches. So go with Group A.

Yet stick 20 tonnes of cargo in it and it handles like a Number 12 Bus in Dulwich High St

A Dulwich lad are we? :p

Edited by MadCatChiken

Then again if this comes as an addon/mod, why a debate about it .. isn't like you have no choice but to use it if it comes.

More difficult is exactly what you get when you make it anything more realistic ... I mean Richard Burns Rally is difficult becuase its physics engine is realistic .. Colin Mcrae isn't because its physics is less and not meant to be directly like the real thing.

If you simply end up with a balance ... you would get maybe a little bit more than stock BIS flight ... so use that already, right?

you are missing the point, like I said its not about being more diffcult or not, its being how balance between the two

Do I like realistic FM? YES!

Do we have the engine that is realistic enought? NO!

Do making the FM to be empty load while there is clearly a chopper full of man being realistic? NO!

Do simply making it be more diffcult to fly directly means its realistic? NO!

let alone being balance.

Edited by 4 IN 1