Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

I think you said that this will have a public beta release this weekend... is that true?

It is.

:dancehead:

Hey Charon thx for the mod looking foward.

Question.

How many zombies will we be fighting on average? 10-15 or more?

How many zombies per village? Will it be easy.

Im pretty sure I can take out 10-15 zombies no problem on my own. Will there be a challenge?

How many zombies will we be fighting on average? 10-15 or more?

Depends entirely on the mission that the mission maker is making

I recommend a zed-count of around 60-80 without usage of the ambient civilian module. Otherwise the lag becomes too big.

How many zombies per village? Will it be easy.

A village spawns a group of 12 zeds

Im pretty sure I can take out 10-15 zombies no problem on my own. Will there be a challenge?

You can take out 15 slow zeds, but 15 fast ones only if you have a long distance between you and them and have enough time to make aimed shots.

The challenge lies in your ammo running out and CQB-situations when you don`t see all zeds.

I understand the challenge will be alot greater dealing with the fast ones especially in CQB.

To recap:

So basically you put down the zombies yourself? If so then the amount you recommend would be 60-80? Does it depend on system or is it universal?

Zombies will only spawn if you use the Ambient Civilian module? The only way a village spawns zombies is with that module on too or does your module affect this?

If it is the AC module then does that one also spawn civ's?

How long 'till villages respawn?

Thx for the quick answers.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Also

Does the recommended 60-80 include other AI?

Say if i want 80 zeds, how many Friendlies and Civ's can i put on the map also?

Is there anyway to lose the infected? As in get away if your being chased? Or are they all knowing once you get spotted?

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Just to be CLEAR. When you said 60-80 you meant MAP-WIDE correct?

Or 60-80 zed's in your VIEW? Or in 1 village?

So there can ONLY be 80 zed's around the whole of Chernaraus without lag?

will zombies be hostile to everyone? (ex. resistance fighters will attack them too)?

They are enemies to west and east, they need to have a side, the rating system does not work satisfyingly.So it is disadvised to use any resistance units

Gues it wold work to use the resistance if you putt an Blueforce/opforce leeder as a leeder of there grupe?

As that wold make the Recistance grupe a blueforce/opforce grupe instead, and if you dont whant the blue/opforce leder you culd always turn hiss probability of pressans to 0%.

Hopefully this way will work :P

Gues it wold work to use the resistance if you putt an Blueforce/opforce leeder as a leeder of there grupe?

As that wold make the Recistance grupe a blueforce/opforce grupe instead, and if you dont whant the blue/opforce leder you culd always turn hiss probability of pressans to 0%.

Hopefully this way will work :P

No it would not, because the group automatically is attributed to the side of the leader of that group of course.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

So basically you put down the zombies yourself? If so then the amount you recommend would be 60-80? Does it depend on system or is it universal?

It does of course depend on the system and how many other scripts are running.

Zombies will only spawn if you use the Ambient Civilian module? The only way a village spawns zombies is with that module on too or does your module affect this?

The zombie spawn is controlled by the undead module, the ACM controls civilians only. BI has unfortunately made their life easy by not hard-coding that but use scripting to realize it, which is very heavy on the system when using ACM.

If it is the AC module then does that one also spawn civ's?

That`s its main purposes, isn`t it`;)

How long 'till villages respawn?

A new infection/death needs to happen in that village for it to be reinfected.

Thx for the quick answers.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Also

Does the recommended 60-80 include other AI?

The less AI the better, on my machine 60 zeds work okay

Say if i want 80 zeds, how many Friendlies and Civ's can i put on the map also?

Depends really on your machine. maybe 20 friendlies and 50 civs or so. really hard to say. Lag is your limit.

Is there anyway to lose the infected? As in get away if your being chased? Or are they all knowing once you get spotted?

They will stop chasing a target that is more far away than 800 meters.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

Just to be CLEAR. When you said 60-80 you meant MAP-WIDE correct?

yes, sure. the whole map

Or 60-80 zed's in your VIEW? Or in 1 village?

So there can ONLY be 80 zed's around the whole of Chernaraus without lag?

kind of, depends on what they do, if they constantly migrate they are not so heavy.

That`s why there is the virtual infection system, that simulates zeds that are not really existing yet as units.

Friendlies eat up most resources, so do additional scripts.

Nothing can be done about it, it`s BIs 3ms script execution limit.

I stopped slating it, since it can`t be changed.

Edited by Charon Productions

i don't think there would be a point, since it dosen't work for Multiplayer

I got a question, will this mod work for other maps?

Perhaps not with spawning zeds in citeys and sutch, but if you place some on your own?

i don't think there would be a point, since it dosen't work for Multiplayer

Wow he never said it doesn't WORK for multiplayer, he said he wouldn't work on the support for it, it could still be in a somewhat working state.

Wow he never said it doesn't WORK for multiplayer, he said he wouldn't work on the support for it, it could still be in a somewhat working state.

Nope no multiplayer is avalible...

yes I think you can play this in multiplayer but Charon make this addon/mod for singleplayer and as I know he said than play in multiplayer will bring you ALOT of lag because he wrote ALOT of scripts . however this was never tested in multyplayer so when the release come we will take a look.

you should take a look on yomies thead that zombie mod will have multiplayer

Edited by zombo

Exactly this is what i said. You can place zeds and shoot them but it wont have the full functionality icluding migration and virtual infection, but most people out there dont care anyway lol.

Judging by my experience with such things, if Charon didn't take special care about MP during development, it is 99% chance that it won't work in MP - not completely, but many parts of it will be "broken".

Maybe most of the "broken" things will be easy to fix later, but to make it 100% working in MP with all the features he presented so far, that will be difficult.

Yep I concur with that...

My goal is to make large single player missions (For high end PC's) not multiplayer, at best I will add the posabilities for a Coop game, but nothing more.

As I see it the idear of Zombies doesn't lend itself very well to the DoM type game, ie, peeps joining and such half way through the mission.....plus the problems it will throw up.

Any Zombie mod I'm gonna play, is with the lights turn off, bass way high, and spliff on the go :) ....As I want to scare my self silly!!! :D

It all depends on what you consider "working in MP".

The virtual infection system checks for proximity of the player to the infected town and if he is close enough a group of zeds will be spawned.

For that to work in MP, proximity of ANY player character would have to be checked, which is currently not considered.

The whole thing might work okay for people that just wanna gang up, enter a town and shoot some zeds, which is what would satisfy 99% of all MP-nuts anyway already. ;)

Not sure about sound and particle fx script locality issues though.

As someone here said earlier on, test made by you guys will show.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Np2XEECC8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Np2XEECC8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It all depends on what you consider "working in MP".

The virtual infection system checks for proximity of the player to the infected town and if he is close enough a group of zeds will be spawned.

For that to work in MP, proximity of ANY player character would have to be checked, which is currently not considered.

The whole thing might work okay for people that just wanna gang up, enter a town and shoot some zeds, which is what would satisfy 99% of all MP-nuts anyway already. ;)

Not sure about sound and particle fx script locality issues though.

As someone here said earlier on, test made by you guys will show.

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Np2XEECC8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7Np2XEECC8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

For example, could the proximity check work if it's hosted off someones computer and they are automatically considered "the player" or doesn't it work like that.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

and if it doesn't work like i said, how hard would it be to implement looking for ANY player instead of the local one.

For example, could the proximity check work if it's hosted off someones computer and they are automatically considered "the player" or doesn't it work like that.

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

and if it doesn't work like i said, how hard would it be to implement looking for ANY player instead of the local one.

The main scripts would have to run on the server.

The local scripts would have to detect proximity and pubvar the variable.

Its not only the proximity, there is many things that would have to be run on the client side i think. I really can`t tell

Charon do you still belive you can relase addon in this weekend? Or do you still face problems wich are blocking you public relase?

Exactly this is what i said. You can place zeds and shoot them but it wont have the full functionality icluding migration and virtual infection, but most people out there dont care anyway lol.
You are an idiot.

And that makes you a what?

Dont need to be rude... Why wold you call me or any one ells an Idiot?

If you got problems at home please dont take them with you. TNX!;)

And that makes you a what?

Dont need to be rude... Why wold you call me or any one ells an Idiot?

If you got problems at home please dont take them with you. TNX!;)

Read the topic first before you post, it helps.

Read the topic first before you post, it helps.

If you wold have read the topic you wold have seen that I have ben hanging around here longer than you:butbut:

(ok if you have any other complaints about me now send a pm instead, caous this is not the place to be an ashole)

Anyway Charon..it's obvious that peeps have no more patience..but personally ME and i m sure the 90% of guyz here,wants the "functionality" AND "Quality" that YOU Aim for ;)

Keep up the good work..and for the rest more-than-anxious guyz..please buy

L4D1 or 2 to keep u occupied ..while Charon works 4 u ;)