Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

Perhaps they could "frenzy" and run straight for the nearest identifiable human? That would wrap up wandering zeds nicely without them running away from food...

That or have the town "clear" with a few remaining zombies still on patrol, that could reinfect the town. This option would really have me on my toes.

As soon as a town is clear it can and will be re-infected as long as there is humans in it and enough migrating zed groups around or if that`s not the case, infected towns will send out envoys to continue the spread.

A little view of the migration scheme:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN2-bn_KdTw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN2-bn_KdTw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

civilian setFriend [west , 1];

civilian setFriend [resistance , 0];

i tryed putting in there Initialization (or whatever its called) and they shoot and attack Army Men :confused:

i tryed putting in there Initialization (or whatever its called) and they shoot and attack Army Men :confused:

WHO exactly is shooting and who exactly are "Army Men" ?

WHO exactly is shooting and who exactly are "Army Men" ?

BluFor Soldiers :o and i gave a civilian a gun (using scripts) and imputed the code into there init and they still Fired on the BluFor Soldier

i also a few questions

1. so if i can get the script to work somehow, would i have to put EVERY civilians Init the code or is there a altnerative

2. so from what i read, the Female Civilians do not have Slow Zed animation?

Edited by That guy Over there

you are thinking too complexe i think. the zeds actually only need to do one thing. hunting the closest "meat". and the "emissaries" that the infection spreads faster.

BluFor Soldiers :o and i gave a civilian a gun (using scripts) and imputed the code into there init and they still Fired on the BluFor Soldier

Try adding:

west setFriend [civilian, 1];

1. so if i can get the script to work somehow, would i have to put EVERY civilians Init the code or is there a altnerative

No-one can keep you from writing the code in your init.sqf

and apply it to all civilians, which is the elegant way for the experienced scripter.

2. so from what i read, the Female Civilians do not have Slow Zed animation?

Yes, because these animations were made for Arma1, which did not have female models. They have been created with a rigged male skeleton only.

The female skeleton has different joints and applying the animations to the female model crashes Arma2 instantly.

As i said many times before, BI failed to provide a proper tool to create .rtms, there has been only unofficial tools for Arma1 for the male skeleton only and i am for sure not writing MEL-scripts now to work around that omission.

In this case, can't the women just walk?

Best regards

..Have u ever seen a woman (alive or dead1) who wants to "hurt" a man ,just walking?? ;D

@anc, you got him wrong. the animation for walking doesnt work. for running there is the default arma animation.

Oh, i thought that there was a default animation for them to walk.

Never payed atention to this, hehe

Best regards

That`s bad timing on the patch, now it needs to be thoroughly tested if the patch introduces AI changes that disrupt the functionality of the module.

In the long run it is of course good that BI fixed the AI much more (at least that`s what they say, it remains to be seen if it is indeed the case)

EDIT: ok in its core, the functionality is not harmed.

Zed groups stay closer together which makes them more effective while attacking

or moving inbetween towns where until now the leader always was way ahead.

Edited by Charon Productions

Yes, because these animations were made for Arma1, which did not have female models. They have been created with a rigged male skeleton only.

The female skeleton has different joints and applying the animations to the female model crashes Arma2 instantly.

As i said many times before, BI failed to provide a proper tool to create .rtms, there has been only unofficial tools for Arma1 for the male skeleton only and i am for sure not writing MEL-scripts now to work around that omission.

ahh so what happens if a female is infected by slow zeds? will the Female just be a T-Posed in-ground or will arma crash upon infection.

ahh so what happens if a female is infected by slow zeds? will the Female just be a T-Posed in-ground or will arma crash upon infection.

Nothing.

Such a case should be excluded by the mission designer.

The female slow zeds are disabled to not crash Arma, simple as that.

Arma1 zed mods also didnt have females ;)

Have you seen the works of the Namalsk-Dude?

He seems to have quite some nice melee effects. Mybe you two want to share some know-how.

He seems to have quite some nice melee effects. Mybe you two want to share some know-how.

Lol,there is pretty no knowledge to share. Use Arma2 Anim viewer, choose the animation suited and put it in, finished. That`s all there is to it. Nothing custom about it. And if you care about "scratch" 2D effects, then just wait for that mod.

Random Off-Topic Thought:

those "Mutants" in that video.....i wonder if they would melee fight zeds.....hmm a war

West Vs. Zombies Vs. Mutants Vs. ?????

a 3 way war

Zombies: fightin MUTANTS and on top of that, trying to Infect humans

West: Fightin Mutants and trying to live a Outbreak

and on top of that THE OPFOR COME OUT OF NOWHERE AND START A 4-WAY WAR!!!!

Then THE RESISTANCE COME AND FIGHT ALL EM STARTING A 5-WAY WAR!!

Then World domanation and Global WARMING HAPPEND

That would be awesome :)

Random Off-Topic Thought:

those "Mutants" in that video.....i wonder if they would melee fight zeds.....hmm a war

West Vs. Zombies Vs. Mutants Vs. ?????

a 3 way war

Zombies: fightin MUTANTS and on top of that, trying to Infect humans

West: Fightin Mutants and trying to live a Outbreak

and on top of that THE OPFOR COME OUT OF NOWHERE AND START A 4-WAY WAR!!!!

Then THE RESISTANCE COME AND FIGHT ALL EM STARTING A 5-WAY WAR!!

Then World domanation and Global WARMING HAPPEND

That would be awesome :)

You forget one important thing:

There is not enough sides in the game to realize that apart from the lag you would get running all of that simultaneously. You can`t even have resistance fighting zombies.

And a little brief scientific remark, the earth is cooling since 9 years with record low temperatures in many countries right now. ;)

And a little brief scientific remark, the earth is cooling since 9 years with record low temperatures in many countries right now. ;)

Yes but only in the winter ;)

Warmer summers means colder winters ;P

Any way Nice work on the MOD! a

nd merry christmas from Sweden! :)

Sorry, that I'm asking you for that, Charon (I'm drunk...yea).

Is there any ETA right now when you will release it for public ?

I can't wait for it to play with zombies on christmas time :P ?

Thanks.

I will probably kill myself tomorrow when I wake up, due this post (I've got a rule to not ask such a stupid questions ... but who cares ?! Good mood (Alcohol) took control over me ;) ).