Sign in to follow this  
DarkTerritory3

Anyone with a wheel mouse?

I just bought a optical mouse and was wondering if the wheel on the mouse can be use in the game? I tried switching guns and or command with it but doesn`t seem to do anything.

I have an MS Intellimouse and use the wheel for choosing in the action menu.

Moving to troubleshooting.

My old mouse died on me a couple of days ago (thing was like 5 years old anyway) and I just got myself an iFeel optical from Logitech....the wheel scrolls through the action menu, and playing with a force-feedback mouse (or even browsing the web/using windows) can be pretty funky biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I tried switching guns and or command with it but doesn`t seem to do anything. <span id='postcolor'>

Have you tried installing Micro$oft drivers for your mouse?

That helped me, and I guess that it has helped many others..

wink.gif

I have a logitech iFeel optical mouse, and the mousewheel does work if you install Logitechs driver's for it. I use it for the action menu.

My mouse wheel does  work when browsing the internet but not in game. But i might try the software to see if it works.

DarkT3

I have a Logitech wireless mouse, and it works great with the Microsoft mouse drivers that came with Windows XP.

With Logitech's own drivers, the mouse wheel doesn't work in the game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 28 2002,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With Logitech's own drivers, the mouse wheel doesn't work in the game.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it does if you configure it properly.

You need to install MS wheel mouse drivers (default in windows). After that your wheel will work in OFP. It is because DirectX needs that driver to use the wheel in game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 27 2002,15:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My old mouse died on me a couple of days ago (thing was like 5 years old anyway) ...<span id='postcolor'>

i m sorry you lost a good mate sad.gif

5 years ... you can say it was time, the little bugger had a long and happy life or one day we all have to go but does it help ? no , sir. no ! i feel with you in these tragic times of loss ..

*sniff*

I bought a MS Intelli-mouse Wireless Explorer, I like the mouse, the lag is almost non-existent when playing and the wheel works well in the action menu, click the wheel, roll to the action you want and click the wheel again. One problem I found though, when configuring in controls OFP doesn't support more than 3 mouse buttons and I have 5. I would like the other buttons to be reload and 1st/3rd person but the only way to do this is to remap the keys in the mouse options in the software that comes with and sometimes this doesn't work so the mouse closes OFP instead of reloading your gun. Sometimes it does work so you never know what will happen when you press the button. The worst part about it is how you can't skip the intro screens so if it does close it takes forever to get back into the mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Mar. 28 2002,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 28 2002,03wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">With Logitech's own drivers, the mouse wheel doesn't work in the game.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it does if you configure it properly.<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe later version of Mouseware work, but the ones that came on the CD I have, and the slightly more recent version available from Logitech's website at the time I tried them, didn't work.

I just remembered something that might be of interest. In Windows XP, you can easily increase the sampling rate of the mouse (up to 200 samples/second), which should yield better responses and better precision.

In the Mouse applet of the Control Panel, you can click on the Driver properties and then Advanced -- in that dialog, you can change the input queue length and sampling rate.

Please note that this will only work with corded mice, not wireless ones. With wireless mice, you only change the frequency with which the receiver gets polled, but you can't change the frequency with which the mouse itself sends updates to the receiver.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (knightlite @ Mar. 28 2002,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The worst part about it is how you can't skip the intro screens so if it does close it takes forever to get back into the mission.<span id='postcolor'>

You can. Right click on the OFP shortcut and select Properties

In the Target edit box add " -nosplash" (without the quotes and with the space) to the end after the ...exe part.

David Vrabel

I was at an Electronics Boutique store an hour ago, and saw one Logitech optical mouse that listed compatibility with all Windows versions, including Windows 2000, on the side of the box. However, on the same side of the box was a small round sticker in English and French that said that the mouse was not compatible with Windows 2000.

How the heck does one build a mouse that is not compatible with Windows 2000? Certainly the OS was out when the mouse was designed, and they could have done testing, but they clearly found some fundamental problem with it after they started shipping it, and decided to just put a sticker on the box without addressing the underlying issue.

I also want to stress that I don't know what the problem with Windows 2000 is -- it could be that the mouse wheel doesn't work, but I really have no idea.