BronzeEagle

The Code Blue Thread

Yes, really impressive modeling and texturing work, but i'm a little afraid by what the polycount of the first lod may be.

Doesn't look too high poly actually, rather good textures.

STGN,

Apparently the face count should be 3000 and a bit less. The details are mostly good texture as STGN said.

As a comparison with some of the OFP more complex soldier models, Hyakushiki us soldier was at a bit more than 4000, RHS motorized soldier at around the same and Johnny sf soldiers between 4500 and 5000.

The Code Blue soldiers should then run good in the OFP engine (as i believe the texture count will not be that high in comparison to most addons)

at code blue our specialty has always been lower poly units without dumbing down quality. btw message from my secret modeler, he confirms for sanc the models are under 3000 polys and there will also be insurgents coming out as well. releasing these badboys this early would spoil the fun. im like you guys i can hardly wait. in the meantime ill see if i can get my code blue 80s units.

It is good to see a sniper who's finally wearing a ghillie suit that would work - snipers spend most of their time on their bellies, so there's never much "scrim" on the chest and front of the ghillie suits used by military snipers. Usually, canvas reinforcements. And the pockets tend to get moved to the sides, so you can access them while prone, without laying on gear.

Beautiful work. I'm going to go find some of the old missions and polish them up, get them ready to convert to these addons when they're released.

at code blue our specialty has always been lower poly units without dumbing down quality. btw message from my secret modeler, he confirms for sanc the models are under 3000 polys and there will also be insurgents coming out as well. releasing these badboys this early would spoil the fun. im like you guys i can hardly wait. in the meantime ill see if i can get my code blue 80s units.

Oh, i see, Sanc has got a very good eye, i'm not very used to modern units polycount, always keeping my historical units under 2500/2800 polys. Small details in the equipment are polycount killers, but it's very nice to see that first lod is kept under 3000 polys. In fact what really matters is the optimization of lower lods / textures sizes.

It's not good eyes , it is more about having read from the author that the polycount was at a bit less than 3000 ;)

and ours is the only acu that accurately blends in with nogova colors. still will after 2.0 too. i made sure that point translated into the new models.

not at all, our acu blends in with nogovas landscape as well as the other older islands. it matches with green.

I know it's a bit off-topic as well as indiscreet, but is there a good reason why your modder wants to stay secret?

Just trying to avoid unnecessary hype and over-optimistic deadlines.Nothing more complicated than that. :)

I was hoping for an explanation involving escaping the wrath of some expert ninja from Japan or some dark secrets linked to the past of the zone 51.

hey mac lets do a army grunt pic, marine grunt pic, army sf pic, marine sf pic, can we do that in here?

Great units !!!

Photos overthrow me on my knees, it seems that the mod squeezes me into the ground.

I have a question. Are you planning to do something like this that you can insert randomly using game logic, random set up goggles, pulled up sleeves of uniforms, etc.?

we thought about that, and its not totally off the table.

Edited by BronzeEagle

Not totally.

To have units with rolled up sleeves would mean including any exposed skin in the face texture,"Xicht_whatever.paa".Then referencing them in a custom config,which resides in a mod folder.Allowing the textures to cycle normally per soldier.This would be to avoid any looping scripts.Which I personally hate using.

So that probably needs more discussion.

With glasses I tried to add two or three different types(textures).And made them a permanent part of the models.But obviously they could be accessed with a selection name,and the SetObjectTexture command,via the init line of the units.Obviously SetObjectTexture has it's own set of problems.

best example of rolled up sleaves is the jjr units from john j rambo the vietnam units 2.0 i think. they're badass.

I'm not that familiar with them.But I'll assume they used part of the default face textures for the forearms.It's the only other non-script way of doing it.

Of course the trade off,is a big lack of detail in the areas other than the face itself.As you'd be limited to a very small portion of the texture.Which is already a low resolution image.

Edit:

I had a quick look at those units,and they do actually use the face texture.The forearms are very "washed out",with no discernable detail to them.

Edited by Macser

TQP Special Forces used the same method, but the author also applied a high quality semi-transparent texture on top of the arms to make it look more detailed. I'd suggest you to take a look at it.

hello, I write from Spain, the soldier of the U.S. army, it us ranger, PCU LEVEL 5 and ACU pants, the mount for nvg this good, is norotos 1 hole, lack a soft armour underneath the vest, The marine is a FR or MSOB, he use norotos 3 points, are not correct the one that I see, holster is safariland 6004, are of best addons than I have seen for ofp;). Sorry i use a very bad translator.

Edited by GRAT-1

Hello GRAT -1,

I see what you mean about the shrouds,but I wasn't too worried about it at the moment.It's easily sorted.And the Marine units would be MSOB,which has apparently absorbed some of the old Force recon battalions.

As for the ranger units,they do have a soft armour vest,although it's not that apparent from the pics.I did put it in though,and a plate too.Admittedly I didn't spend to much time in those areas,as they won't really be seen much.

ranger1s.jpg

I'll do my best to get the units right,but it's doubtful they'll be 100% accurate.Or to everybody's tastes.

:)

Your addon is very impressive, the exact color of soft armor is ranger green, that you have put vest?.

Ranger use Rodhesian Recon Vest with a cummerbund all in ranger green

Yes the FR now MSOB, but your addon could be perfectly msob or fr, the cwu27p was used by both.

If you add a IR flag to PCU would be perfect.

Ask him if you need more information.

Regards.