BronzeEagle

The Code Blue Thread

oh yeah zulu with you on assist we could even have a gui and background music! thats if you don't mind....

I've done some reading on resource "RSC" scritping so I kind of have an idea of how it works, but I've never tried to do any modding with it. Except I installed a notebook replacement once. I'll do what I can to help you out though.

you know what for the 3148 mod we were looking for a notebook replacement that looks like either a blackberry or some type of video screen that way the images in the briefing would be justified....im not much of a fan of mods though, preferring addons to whole conversions

Ok.That's best done in a mod folder with a custom resource.bin.

The following is nothing more than my opinion.

As far as addons vs mods.It's nice to be able to drop an addon into any folder.But personally I don't see the need for everything to be inter-compatible.It's not always the best option if you're going for quality.Mod folders do offer you a little more flexibility,in some areas. :)

I'm not going to get involved at that end of things.Just pointing out that both paths

have their pros and cons. :)

I for the most part have to go along with Macser. A GUI is pretty much eyecandy, Mods like Farmland, SJB and OFrP (FrenchPoint) have made custom GUI's and I'd just as soon not use them. It's the quality of the addons that really makes the Mod a hit or a miss. Music / sounds / effects can add to the immersive feel. The early CB weapons sounds is what kept me from being a huge fan, modeling appearances were decent, but the sounds I just had issues with, the new sounds are better. Some more fixes to the addons I think would be priority:

Javelin Launcher - Optics are needed

M224 Mortar - Optics and textures of weapon are needed

AVVP7 - Improve crew optics and internal textures needed, outside looks great

Better pictures for the notebook are definetly needed.

Your current work maybe addresssing these, but from the last release for me these need the most attention.

Edited by Zulu1

well the mortar and the amtrack are history in the next update so thats definitely answered and macser i believe is working on a new weapons update as far as the models go. I just figured that the ww4armor amtrack is much more fun to look at.

Top work with all the work you guys put in for Code Blue 1.0.

I'm curious as to when those new Army Special forces addons will be released, they are probably the best ACU looking Spec Ops I've seen in awhile. Any idea on their release at all?

I have a question:

IF I do any missions with those Code Blue 1.0 units can I post the mission links in this thread?

TO BronzeEagle:

Thanks. I will do that. Maybe tomorrow.

I have suggestion here:

You're using that VIT APC addon for east AA-GUN(Zu-23). Can you make static AA-Gun for West/Resistance side also. West side only have that M113-Vulcan Gun and I don't really like it.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
info

no. those addons are already available on ofpr.info, please search there.

theres a military terminology for cannons that begins with M, the rest i don't know, similar to tanks and apcs. id go to ofpr.info, go to the left where it says addons, click that, go to miscellaneous (misc) or guns or armor, and just go through page by page, but id check misc first. thats how i do it, nothing special, labor intensive yes, but you won't sweat i guarantee.

I understand. Now I know that giving exact addon name on the forum must be very exhausting :ok:

same amount of effort as you asking me eh? now you know that being a smartass won't make me your slave :D

Edited by BronzeEagle

in case any of you guys wanted to keep or hear some of the music we didn't choose or did for our projects heres our media archive so you can go over it. just a thing for mission editors to peruse and see what they can use, or for fans and enthusiasts to listen to and enjoy.

BRONZE MEDIA ARCHIVE

@bronze

i can't wait for those ranger coming out...

well now some ranger already use MC2 gen and Anvis mount...but if u can make with Massif ACS that would be great.... also if those Ranger already use MBAV vest or plate carrier with side cummerbund i think that's not necessary to put PACA inside the vest...but that's a choice...personal taste...hope we can use ur addons and modified it with our taste..

i can't wait for 2.0 version...OFP always good to play...keep it up mate... we owe u ... thanks bro ;)

Edited by wiekniera

theres too many people to just make the addon to community specifications. trust that our modders will deliver a nice addon for you to play with and look at. the models are mainly done already they're just in post editing right now i guess i don't know but ive seen them. scroll back a few pages to see them.

@bronze

yes...i've seen it..i'd love u guys work..i've left ofp too long...but after seen ur guys project makes me wanna play more...:yay:

i've been waiting for people who can makes a very good modern Ranger Model like pics below.. and u guys did it very impressive...

previews.jpgb336dc0d-db2c-4b7c-a1d6-61606060aa5aLarge.jpg

4.bmpccb0f172-47d1-48ed-a071-f01f15c9f589Large.jpg

Edited by wiekniera

Hello Wiekniera,

They won't look quite like those pics you posted.Not because I can't create content like that.

It's just the Flashpoint engine has it's limitations.Especially with regard to lighting and materials.

Besides that,I'm trying to keep the vertex and polycount to a minimum.

In case anyone's wondering why it's taking so long.The answer is simple.I have not been working on this project day in and day out.Only when I can,and then,only when I have the interest.So I haven't actually been working on it for almost a year.That amount of time has simply passed by.Much like everyone else here,I have other interests and distractions.

:)

macser is a player with a very active lifestyle carries a cellphone has an expensive car and tons of chicks. once you understand that you see where he's coming from. either that or he has a job. I hate getting into personal lives though and lets show him some privacy while he completes this great addon. From the looks of the pictures im sure it will be done soon they're practically done now so lets just wait for the finishing touches. Tell you what though, i am working on a mission for codeblue 1.0 units using the new tcs addon. its either that or tsc i forget, i think its total command system. but yeah im working on a code blue mission using the tcs so ill release that soon.

Edited by BronzeEagle