Sign in to follow this  
Psyckiller

Still no Manhattan artillery bug fix!!!

Come on guys! 4 patches in and still no fix for the most glaringly obvious and most spoken about bug from manhattan? I just want to be able to use the arty before in disappears after 10 minutes of play or a single use!

Dear me, this was the reason I ended up leaving the SP campaign.

It cant be hard to have that feature check itself and stay active with a side script surely?

looks like my wait to play the campaign will continue. So many bus in there still :\

looks like my wait to play the campaign will continue. So many bus in there still :\

Yeah... All those roads clogged with bus... Can't get anywhere with the traffic jams !

Dear me, this was the reason I ended up leaving the SP campaign.

You left the campaign over one volley of mortars? :j:

Just tell yourself a rare Chernarussian pelican laid a nest in the tube and move on. The LAV's cannon can immobilize that junker T-72.

How do you use the arty anyway. Do you direct if from the map screen. (my question mark key died).

Also i want to point out that you can beat that mission without arty, i did already in my last game, but have to start a new game since I switched to patch 1.04, so thats why im curious about it.

I beat that mission before just by using the APC, you can can just come into the base from the SW, in the grass. and just sneak up till you see the top of the T 72, and start blasting it with the APC gun, (it usually doesnt fire back) takes a while but after you kill the tank, the rest is a turkey shoot. I know its kinda gamey, but at least it gets you through that mission since there seems to be a bug with the arty.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 PM ----------

You left the campaign over one volley of mortars? :j:

Just tell yourself a rare Chernarussian pelican laid a nest in the tube and move on. The LAV's cannon can immobilize that junker T-72.

Haha, I agree, although that junker T72 has been a godsend in many a multiplayer player games, ive actually grown quite fond of it.

Artillery worked fine for me when I played Manhattan. There must be some special circumstance that causes the bug. Has anyone figured out what it is?

When I played through , I noticed my artillery support disappeared. i thought I did something wrong.

So I ended up buying 2 BMP2s , left my 3 comrades at the main base (I'm tired of them dying on me) , hopped into the one of the BMPs as the driver (AI driver sucks )and wen there with the other BMP and exterminated the main camp.

I have this bug aswell. The first time I played through the mission I had no artillery and didn't know I was supposed to have it, tried taking the base a few times on my own succeeded once only for one of my men to die afterwards meaning the whole mission was a loss, it's daft that a war would be called off just because one soldier dies.

Then I found out I was supposed to have artillery so restarted the mission and there it was. Played through to the main camp again, used the armor artillery which had no effect on the tank and bmp. So reverted to try something different but my artillery didn't return when I reverted. Very annoying.

havent played the mission yet...but is it true that if 1 of your squad dies you fail the mission? is that true for all of the missions in the game?

havent played the mission yet...but is it true that if 1 of your squad dies you fail the mission? is that true for all of the missions in the game?
Yes, thats how it is!

Take a sniper rifle ,leave the team behind go to the east hill , sneak up and shoot the driver from the tenk when he turns out - easy peasy

Solution for the mission arty is for losers XD

@guggy107: That's how it is and that's how it should be. Otherwise the missions would have had to be far more difficult. I really don't want the endless reloads of Arma1 back.

@guggy107: That's how it is and that's how it should be. Otherwise the missions would have had to be far more difficult. I really don't want the endless reloads of Arma1 back.
Why can't they just let the guy die and we unwrap a new solider for the next mission? Even if it was one that suspiciously looked like the last guy it would be better than having to revert the mission every time someone made a mistake.

Yeah... All those roads clogged with bus... Can't get anywhere with the traffic jams !

lol:D

I appreciate what BI wanted to do with certain parts of the campaign, but both 'Razor Two' and 'Manhattan' are best brushed over in their present state. The following missions are a lot more enjoyable and feel like the OFP of old.

I've played Manhattan to death and still break it frequently; recently (1.04) I've experienced the Shaftoe death bug for the first time.

I'd say for SP enthusiasts, don't flog yourself to death trying these missions. There's more interesting stuff later; BI will very likely fix these issues in later patches.

J

Wow, I'm surprised people are still stuck on this mission because of the lack of artillery. I forgot I was even supposed to have it. Many of the soldiers in the main camp have RPGs, so use those to destroy the armor. And it worked just fine. Heck, if you're getting tired of not being able to pass that mission, then just use the E-N-D-M-I-S-S-I-O-N cheat. There isn't much left to see after that part anyways.

Maybe someone else needed the artillery after Razor team was hogging it for so long without using it.

Wow, I'm surprised people are still stuck on this mission because of the lack of artillery. I forgot I was even supposed to have it. Many of the soldiers in the main camp have RPGs, so use those to destroy the armor. And it worked just fine. Heck, if you're getting tired of not being able to pass that mission, then just use the E-N-D-M-I-S-S-I-O-N cheat. There isn't much left to see after that part anyways.

Totally, there's always another way, just like real warfare things go wrong but the mission still needs completing.

I know, old topic and game, but i started to play it now.

Regarding the missing of artillery on the main base, i solved very  well getting a Javelin (best AT weapon on the world) in armory of Marines base!!!

Once you destroy the T72, it  is a joke defeat the soldiers with an APC.