Sign in to follow this  
Defbond

Can't join servers after 1.04

I have the steam version, updated it to 1.04 and since then I have been able to join just one server running a CTI map. All other servers including XR, SuicideSquad, and Tushino give me one of the following messages immediately after joining:

Session Lost

You were kick off the game

You have been banned

I was just playing on most of these servers right before the patch came out and I exited the game in order for steam to update.

The only server I can join running CTI is Warfare BE SL:: NWGaming.Org running

Warfare BE V2.035 SuperLite

I've tried joining other non-CTI games running 1.04 and am getting mixed results with some letting me join and others not.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Same issue here, only the other way around. Can connect to most servers, but cannot connect tot he NWGaming server. I'm not using steam though, I'm having the same problem using a retail copy of the game.

We've disabled most checks on our server which might be why you are able to join it but not the other ones.

However, two people I know are not able to join as they get stuck at the "Wait for host" screen, though I might just have to restart the server.

X, if your the Admin at NWGaming, the server did restart but now when I try to join I get the waiting for host screen followed by session lost, running the Steam version.

worked for myself and a few friends. hope BIS/steam fix this quick so the people that don't browse these forums will know what to do! :eek:

Those who downloaded the game from Steam aren't supposed to apply this patch, says armedassault.info... They are supposed to update through Steam.

Those who downloaded the game from Steam aren't supposed to apply this patch, says armedassault.info... They are supposed to update through Steam.

it's happening to users with STEAM version who were auto-updated by STEAM to 1.04 so please don't create confusion ...

i can confirm same issue with my STEAM build ...

I didn't apply any patch it was an automatic steam update and still messed things up.

ArMaTeC released a hotfix if you don't want to wait for BI/Steam to fix this: http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=65015#65015

If we have the STeam version and use this fix, when BI puts out their fix through Steam and it's automatically installed will it mess things up?

And yes, I have the steam version, it did the autoupdate to 1.04 and now I cannot connect to any servers. I get the "session lost" message every time and it disconnects.

Updating through steam gives you that you a different bin.pbo and associated signing file.

I think ArMaTeC grabbed those files from the retail patch so that we wouldn't have to download the whole patch to get matching files.

Remember too fellas, the server will reject you if it hasn't been updated yet.

Some servers aren't updated server side for a couple of hours so just be patient.

If its the wrong version it should have a red X at the start. If its a green light and you cant get in then there might be a problem.

I admin on my server & can't connect to my server/ Wrong bin.pbo. A tired from this sheet. Why BIS have so stupid programmers ???? WTF Whats going on. BIS must die busters

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

interesting BIS hear about word BETA TEST MAZER FUCKERR

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

i have ratail version this stupid trunslate & i bye especialy stem version for make english server & my english game for 50$. And what i have. Wrong pbo !!!! & i can't use my old ratail versin with stupid trunslate case i can't use pact 1.04. Case Path don't whant install he say u can't istall case u have stem version WWWTFFFFFFFF MUZER FUCKERRRRRRRRRRRR IDIOTSSKJfgsdfg gkdrthgljkguy hiyo; tyio; weto; uuweru; we;igu; egjk h

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I erase steam version & i allways can't install patch on retail version. Becase stupid patch again say what i have stem verison. FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

My brain blow up now from this suck gamme

Hello everyone,

we are sorry for any issues in MP games

here is hotfixed signature

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/fixed_steam_signature_104/bin.pbo.bi.bisign

place it into ARMA 2\DTA directory

it will be soon also available via STEAM

the game was not broken,

only issue was in MultiPlayer when STEAM users tried join to retail server with signatures enabled ...

WizardARS i suggest you watch your language ...

also the PBO is not wrong it's damaged signature file ... we found this and resolved in less than 12h

retail patches aren't working with online downloads for multiple reasons (different protections for example, different languages and so on)

one of key reasons is that retail patch isn't working on STEAM version is to protect Your game install from being damaged ...

{example: users installing 1.03 retail patch over 1.02 STEAM >> not working STEAM build at all)

Edited by Dwarden

I admin on my server & can't connect to my server/ Wrong bin.pbo. A tired from this sheet. Why BIS have so stupid programmers ???? WTF Whats going on. BIS must die busters

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

i have ratail version this stupid trunslate & i bye especialy stem version for make english server & my english game for 50$. And what i have. Wrong pbo !!!! & i can't use my old ratail versin with stupid trunslate case i can't use pact 1.04. Case Path don't whant install he say u can't istall case u have stem version WWWTFFFFFFFF MUZER FUCKERRRRRRRRRRRR IDIOTSSKJfgsdfg gkdrthgljkguy hiyo; tyio; weto; uuweru; we;igu; egjk h

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I erase steam version & i allways can't install patch on retail version. Becase stupid patch again say what i have stem verison. FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCK

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

ROFL one of the funniest posts I have seen...

I do feel your pain tho...

Oh Dwarden cool. U make smart move. U don't erase my messege & make appologise. Now i feel little better. I'm sorry too for my angry. I know making the game is hard thing, but to many bugs to many bugs. I never see game befor whis a lot of bugs. I just tired from server crush & loosing connections from other players. Case game like do desaper to desctop & all w/o any errors. Some bugs i see again. Like if u try select some server in server browser after #13 position u have selected server before #12. Maybe screen resolution mater then my screen resolution 1680 x 1050, another bug is: peoples who played at russian retail on dedicated server can't build defense at russian side in mission superpowers. I wrote about this bug befor but nothig happends. And 3 thing make me crazy

1 - why i can't select english language in retail version it's is normal u think ????

2 - Why i play in german server & peoples resive german words abot some action. U think it's normal ????

3 - Why BIS use so stupid copy protection. Then i bye retail version i can't install game cose i bye diamond tools for my musics disk. & for installin arma 2 i must deinstall my diamond tools. Why ??? i need daimond tools for my bisnes. BIS protection make hard live for us & u & me & BIS. It's wrong. Any program hacker can hack. Like Retail window 7 & arma 2. I know many peoples play in arma-2 MP w/o bying game & w/o bulets fade & other stupid protectons. Maybe BIS must use protection like in STEAM L4D. I know L4D protection is broken but .... user can select any language & STEAM protection don't make our live harder. U agree whis me ????

I think I have never seen so many rules violations in one place.

1. Insulting of the developers

2. Speaking in slang and txt speech

3. Swearing

Even though you have problems with the game, it's no reason for such an outburst.

dogz well his english isn't best but i understood the frustration ...

Yes I feel the pain but I do not condone insults etc

...but I still laugh when I reread that post...:)

I would love to see the video;)

So bin.pbo will remain different on the steam version? Won't that cause problems with servers that do file checking even if it does have a valid bisign?