Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

Patch 1.05 suggestions

Please fix the performance issue with the GTX 295 graphics card.

Bought an Alienware gaming rig back in August just to play this game, and so far it's been impossible to enjoy, even with the detail lowered :-(

Remove the central tick of the crosshair, as it is an exact representation of where your are aiming at the moment. It is disgraceful that the crosshair is easier and more accurate at certain ranges with certain weapons. Why wouldn't you go for the improved visibility and mouse handling? I can even snipe with it. I know that it's an option, but mounted weapons and vehicle turrets are useless without it, since their iron sights are so glitchy.

Arma 2 needs at least 5 gigs of patching so I'm not even bothering to make any specific suggestions :P. Fix the game, plz.

Hmm I love these wishlist-threads :)

I'd like to see friendly unit markers for all friendly units in the lower difficulty modes, not just for the units in the player's squad.

Also i'd like to adjust blur, bloom a.s.o.

*crossing the fingers for appliance of these features*

Best

Sn@key

Edit: I almost forgot my favorite - customizable Weapons :)

Edited by Sn@keByte

Im not sure if its already being mentioned & I cant be bothered trawling back through 14 pages, but Ive noticed that if you watch another squad exiting a vehicle such as a truck or APC, especially if they are quite far away, the animation on the troops goes really choppy like your watching it in still frame, its not game breaking but its one of those things that could maybe be tidied up a bit :)

Hello Guys !

here my suggestions for new version, I need 2 graduate crouching keys.

Here my idea when you press the crouch keys instead of being crouch directly, i want to crouch by graduate level.

This feature permits to hide behind a small wall, windows and aim for enemy more precisely being cover etc..

It can works like the altitude key by pressing the A and W keys (for azerty keyb) .

1: The buy menu needs to be scrapped it doesn't work instead just have weapon crates at captured towns that restock when the supply truck shows up. On average I spend 15 minutes setting up my loadout in warfare. 1 minute in Domination. I CANNOT play warfare like that I almost killed my office.

{patrol purchasing????}

2: Please put access to everything into the editor I cannot place an LHD to save my life right now.

3. I understand the driving when you think of it like a wheel that you must turn back the correct amount it makes more sense and I am getting used to it. THE AI IS NOT! I see too many traffic jams you need a go around script big time. If vehicle A is blocking for 10 seconds go around. If you are vehicle A back up and try again.

4. Have the Helo's do an obstacle check before landing and maybe an option to set AI into a close air support mode where they circle an area instead of landing and vice versa.

5. In real life I can slowly poke my head up out of the grass to fire. Can I do this in ARMA ..... not really. also I think up and run at the same time should produce run first and up second.

Here are my requests. Some of them more important/game breaking then others.

• Buy menus
  • Construction
  • fix Tanks physics so that they wont flip when touching a small stone or similar
  • fix capturing of town depots
  • AI driving skill
  • AI helo piloting skill (they always crash sooner or later especially in combat)
  • make sure player have NV googles for DoW either by default or in weapon buy interface
  • the possibility to order AI aircraft to land so that you can board them
  • the possibility to order units/vehicles in your team to rearm at towndepots so that the player wont have to travel across the entire map just to rearm/repair a vehicle (as long as you have the funds of course).
  • tanks are to vulnerable against bullet fire.
  • a couple of more towndepots for DoW especially northeastern Chernarus.
  • fix the problem with vehicle crews dying just after spawning.

Please bis! FIX windows 7 64bit crashing! It's driving my crazy! Every ~1h arma2 crashes! Not responding ;/ Especially in warfare missions.

Nvidia 9800gtx 512mb

Seperate right mouse click option (inanftry/vehicle/air): So that i can use right click as infantry to view the ironsight and e.g. as tankgunner <only> to flag enemy tanks (and not to change the view...)

Please bis! FIX windows 7 64bit crashing! It's driving my crazy! Every ~1h arma2 crashes! Not responding ;/ Especially in warfare missions.

Nvidia 9800gtx 512mb

Would You mind uploading Your dump files into CIT?

i have another one. I would like to be able to designate the flight hight for aircraft.

It has to be something easy like choosing between 3 pre-defined altitudes.

javelin is a ground-->ground weapon not ground-->air as stated..

IMO: AH-1 Cobra is overarmored.

What do you mean? If anything it's the most vulnerable attack helicopter because the shape of the canopy leaves the pilots exposed to any small arms fire coming from below. There's been so many times me or my co-pilot get killed in the cockpit before we have a chance to attack anything.

What do you mean? If anything it's the most vulnerable attack helicopter because the shape of the canopy leaves the pilots exposed to any small arms fire coming from below. There's been so many times me or my co-pilot get killed in the cockpit before we have a chance to attack anything.

Co-op mission (War-3-Front). Cobra is coming. I am shooting missile from Tunguska and Cobra is catching that by shis muzzle. What is result of hiting by 25kg of explosive to forward position? She has some problem with engines that forces to decrease, but everything OK with aim equipment that allow crew to trace targets and shoot Hellfires. After that she's got another Igla missile and finally has forced landing. Pilots still alive and start to shot near the chopper from their MP-5.

A-10, for examples, lights up from one Strela missile.

I am scare to imagine that developers will do with Apache after this Cobra. :y:

Edited by Starshina(RUS)

@Tophe: Remove the english keyboard completely, then shut down the keyboard app once and for all. You should never get into that trouble again. Unless you have desires to use english keyboard in other apps/games.

You can't uninstall the english keyboard in Windows 7 since it is the system language. It also doesn't matter if I switch or reload the keyboard, after it magically switches - it stays english in Arma. Never had this problem with any other software, ever, on any system.

it's a shame that this game has so poor in game players voices quality... i also wish i could separate Ai radio coms level and player's voice level, and not use teamspeak or mumble...

Add new Audio Settings options:

Ambience: it can get annoying in this game very fast.

And Minimal radio chat tick box, because I dont need my squad stating the obvious over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. get the point???

I'd like to suggest some sort of LOD buffering to prevent some buildings visibly flickering while changing LODs back and forth (e.g. change LOD to less detailed when at >100m, change LOD to more detailed when at <90m or something like this, depending on what you use to decide the LOD switch).

Also, is it possible to cache (more) nearby models in system RAM? My 4GB of RAM are never used fully, however I sometimes experience (visible) streaming from HDD and thus stuttering even on my character model when switching from optics to 3rd person, not to mention turning around to face buildings you've just seen.

Just found out that mid-air collision on full throttle will not instantly cause the plane burst into flames but rather bounced back with minor damage.

I hope this can be fixed. Maybe pre-set a certain airspeed with altitude will instantly cause explosion rather just minor damage. Also hope this can be applied on helos crash landing, with certain airspeed/altitude will destroy the helos rather than bounced around with minor damage.

The command systems need reworking, when I was commanding my AI driver yesterday in Expert in an AAVP I found it extremely hard to issue move here orders when at an incline the 2D circle was only going into the sky and into the trees above some mountains, could you possibly make the cursor 3D circle rather than a 2D one and can you add alot more commands when in vehicles like telling 3 to get on side weapons or telling them just drive/fly in a direction???

I'm a noobie to the command system getting the hang of it so if this is already in dont be jerk. ;)

I also found out that shadows can also be huge FPS killers also just on normal settings where the shadows dont have any detail, so I disable them completely got about 10FPS back and increased my 3d Res to 125% game looks fantastic now. :)

Anyways BIS please optimize the graphics and the engine for this patch and upcoming updates, trees, LOD's, Buildings(and destruction of buildings), Grass drawing distances, shadows, graphical bugs and clippings etc.

Hi,

can we PLEASE get a NO DVD patch in 1.05? PLEASE!

thank you for all your hard work.

I'd like AT units to stop engaging lone infantry with whatever launcher their carrying, & i'd also like them to stop switching constantly between rifle & launcher while under fire!