Sign in to follow this  
SASrecon

Patch 1.05 suggestions

-Make a button called CLEAR in the gear menu to drop all ammo/nades etc. Annoying to click click click click click click. You get the point.

-Get the REARM button in the gear menu to work better. If i highlight a certain type of ammo/smoke etc it should fill the inventory/remaining inventory with it. Now it gives some clips plus a grenade and some smoke. leaving slots empty and we again have to click a lot.

Operation Flashpoint 2 will be released on october 6, and arma2 is a chaos now, and a performance hit on a PC. What does BIS expect to after Operation Flashpoint will be released!?!?!

I wonder why you would imagine that OFP2 is going to be the bug-free performance-fest that you imagine it will be. Why compare a released, working and (more than IMO) well featured game with an unreleased, untested and unknown featureset of a game we've only seen rendered trailers and carefully staged tests for?

Please make a FieldOfficer. I'm sick of allways seeing officers with short sleewes, caps and no bodyarmor (at least for usmc) and also sick of having to creat my own officers in a config each time. I want my officers to look like my soldiers - helmet and bodyarmor each time... ;)

#1 Hold Fire order not being obeyed

#2 At times AI refuses to regroup/move no matter what you did.

#3 rolling grenade/smoke option, the way it is right now there is no way you can get it where you aimed, it bounces further.

#4 When using binocular can i give orders while i'm still looking through binocular as opposed to binocular being moved thus losing my target and have to search for it again.

I have the steam version and I wonder if it's security has also an performance impact like securom seems to have.

Maybe I'll try the retail version and do some test with the beta versions.

Need to buy it anyway cause I'm building a new system by the end of this year... currently playing on a notebook.

Please enable /LAA in arma2server.exe so clans with 64bit os and >4GB ram servers, can play complex missions with more players without crashing the server because it has run out of memory.

Next do the same for the client arma2.exe

Please?

I really appreciate the fixes to the auto-rudder, since it is much more manageable now, thank you guys, I'm starting to play ArmA 2 again because of this.

A couple of things so far though:

Please add an option to completely disable the auto-rudder / auto-coordination in aircraft. Although the rudder is behaving better, it would be nice to have complete manual control over everything, I don't like these automated things, it doesn't actually make things easier.

Please make the HUDs visible during the day (the A-10's for example is invisible during the day). C-130 and F-35 could use a HUD if they don't already have one.

please REMOVE EQUIPMENT WHICH I HAVE IN MY BAG ON THE LEFT SIDE OF GEAR MENU, I have troubles with recognize what is my equipment and what is in ammo crate/vehicle, etc.

Please fix weak armour on russian main battle tanks

Way to weak, still destroyed by M240 easily

please REMOVE EQUIPMENT WHICH I HAVE IN MY BAG ON THE LEFT SIDE OF GEAR MENU, I have troubles with recognize what is my equipment and what is in ammo crate/vehicle, etc.

your equipments appear in green color text while others appear in white color text.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Please enable /LAA in arma2server.exe so clans with 64bit os and >4GB ram servers, can play complex missions with more players without crashing the server because it has run out of memory.

Next do the same for the client arma2.exe

Please?

a dream came true if they fixed it. ArmA1 still crashes even with the latest patch due to x64 system.

More muzzle flash textures perhaps? It looks kind of cheap with the same flame flashing at the end. That ought to be easily made...

More muzzle flash textures perhaps? It looks kind of cheap with the same flame flashing at the end. That ought to be easily made...

jop 100% with your opinion.

and please better performance!!

-more friendly medic use

-better performance on Chernarus map

-same for objects, trees etc. on map

- better vehicle steering like in Arma or opf

-better warfare performance

^^und so weiter und so weiter^^

=>kill the bugs<=

:t::t::t:

Edited by TeilX

+ Add in the option in the key mapping to quick select a color group. You know, those things you never use because they're too hard to use? Yea, red team, yellow, green, blue? Those. Make a way so we can assign a key to select them easily.

+ Add in the ability to FAVORITE a server on the MP listing.

I love to control the AI and it's hard spliting them in teams... An other thing about team ocntrolling, i have team white and team red... I want team red follow me (Group on me) and team white doing something else.... I can't i must say team red go there et team white do this...

There's also a problems with teams formation... There,s no formation by team color and AI but only by teams member order.

Thank you and please don't stop putting some effort to correct the game's bugs.

I'm glad to see they semi fixed the score board, all though, they did make an error. When you crash into the ground in your chopper you get + points instead of negative points for crashing your own vechile :(

the driving with the mouse like arma1 fix is easy....

All they have to do is map mouseleft and mouseright to turnleft and turnright - BY DEFAULT - instead of to turnMOREleft and turnMOREright like it is now... and everybody would be able to drive again... a simple defaults change is all that one needs...

Other stuff...??

Fix the wild graphics artifacting and eventual inevitable crashes that seem to result from my 320mb graphics Ram being consistently read as 1.8Gb maybe??? Playing for more than an hour at a time would be nice...

Then maybe fix the lod-switching and drawdistance problems, the textures used at inappropriate and varying distances, etc, etc....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I love to control the AI and it's hard spliting them in teams... An other thing about team ocntrolling, i have team white and team red... I want team red follow me (Group on me) and team white doing something else.... I can't i must say team red go there et team white do this...

There's also a problems with teams formation... There,s no formation by team color and AI but only by teams member order.

Thank you and please don't stop putting some effort to correct the game's bugs.

Well, just select the white team and give them an order, the red team will follow you normally. To quick select a team, hold SHIFT and select a teammember with the F keys, then the whole team will be selected. But this works only for teams other than the white team !?...

Fix the weapon launching animations on all the Hinds (D,V,P models), it looks awful and is totally wrong in 1.04

People try this in editor, just put down 3 Hinds and urself as a soldier in utes on runway.

In D and V models just jump in as gunner and 3rd person view and fire away.

For P model jump in as pilot and switch to manual fire and auto-hover on and get airborne and fire all the weapons.

All cannons work fine, just try the other weapons as they all fire from wrong positions and bombs dont drop off in P model.

Can someone add it to the Cummunity Issue Tracker

Added:

Also If u alt-tab out of the game and u click ARMA2 icon on task bar ur man will fire off a shot when it gets back into the game.

try this by alt-tabbing in editor while playing and go back in by click ARMA2 task bar icon.

I don't know if this is for everyone. Never happened before this patch

Edited by vasmkd
Added more

REMOVE SECUROM! You remove it in the beta patches, remove it in the real ones. It just hinders everybody's system.

It doesn't prevent piracy.

You already have piracy prevented with awesome FADE and legit CD-Keys required for online.

* Please fix the driver head in russian "КамÐЗ" truck (~[kama:z]). The head of the driver is at the ceiling! You cannot see what is left and right from the cabin !!! Have you even been inside KamAZ ???

* in 1.04 i saw a new bug with zooming in 3rd-view. sometimes it doesn't zoom out whe you release RMB (right mouse button), and some similar bugs.

* make damaging more realistic. have you ever seen when only one part of tank is black and damaged and in the next centimeter everything is clean and non-touched..... subcaliber rounds can make holes in armour..... and so on..... the model needs improvements and more realism, if it is a SIM....

These are not the only bugs, of course ! ....

Edited by McArcher

The C-130J is still bugged. The rudder turning radius is ridiculously low, completely unable to taxi normally, and lining myself up on the runway is pretty impossible unless you leave the taxiway very early.

Also when AI take off from Vybor in the C-130J it still banks steeply to the right and plunges straight into the trees.

How these bugs were even able to get past the testers into version 1.0 I don't know, but I think they really need fixing.

REMOVE SECUROM! You remove it in the beta patches, remove it in the real ones. It just hinders everybody's system.

It doesn't prevent piracy.

You already have piracy prevented with awesome FADE and legit CD-Keys required for online.

Quoted for the Truth, Please BIS Securom is not stopping Piracy but FADE is, just abolish it for good please.

YesterdayI was playing Deathmatch, I got 3 points for one kill, score board is still glitchy, getting points for suiciding in a vehicle. :mad:

At 30 meters my friends head was disappearing unless I zoomed in on his body, fix/tweak LOD settings.

AI reacts to slow on Regular settings (I didn't change their atributes)

Driver AI needs improvement

My friend has been having issues sometimes loading the game he has Windows XP 64bit, could this be a compatibility issue?

BIS great work on 1.04 mouse smoothing is a great addition keep it up. :D

I'd like to see a few things.

-Performance fixes (always a big thing)

-Fix the force recon difference in textures between the view pilot and resolution LODS.

All I can think of at the moment.