Sign in to follow this  
zenger

“liberation 1941-1945�

Hey guys,

Was just wondering if you could post an updated comprehensive list of what's to be expected?

I know there's the list on the first page; but it does not show your ZiS-5 truck for example, so I don't know how much content has been added as planned since you made that list ;)

I admit I'm as well a bit motivated by an old book found recently, one I used to browse through being a kid and found a lot of stuff I wanted to ask about, like:

GAZ-55 Ambulance, JA-12, BA-64?

Also, will this version of T-34 be featured?

http://picasaweb.google.pl/polar123tank/T3476_Gdansk_Wrzeszcz#

(gallery shows a tank for which I have big sentiment... climbed on it as a small kid.. it's the first polish tank to enter my city of origin, Gdańsk on march 26th, 1945.

It must have been a lucky tank with good crew.. being an early production version it must have seen a lot of actionbefore being hit in 1945 - note the wheels from several different versions ;) )

I know you're working your a**es off to get this all done;

so hope you won't mind this question ;)

Edited by topas

Ok, Topas - here's updated list

USSR:

- Infantry

- Mosin rifle

- PPSh

- Maksim machinegun

- 45-mm cannon (1942) changed to ZIS-2

- ZiS-3 cannon

- 76,2-mm cannon (1943)

- Т-60 del

- Т-34-76 ('43, with commander cupola)

- Т-34-85

- KV-85 del

- IS-2 (version changed to more early

- SU-76М del

- SU-100 changed SU-85

- SU-152

- 37-mm AA gun 61-K

- diving bomber Pe-2

- 82-mm mortar

- ZIS-5V truck

- Scaut armoured car

Germany:

- Infantry

- К98

- MP-40

- MG-42

- PAK-40

- Hanomag SdKfz-251

- PZ - III changed to StuG 40

- PZ - IV

- Panther (version changed)

- King Tiger PzKfwg VIB

- Marder III М

- 81-mm mortar

- 20-mm AA gun Flak 38

- Opel Blitz truck

Also, will this version of T-34 be featured?

No, cause this version was very rare in 1944. But Polish eagles and Czech roundels which you had done for us will be added as hidden selection.

Edited by Ingeneer

Could we know how many have been finished?

You can see it in screenshots and video (also scripting - for expl, working tracks on Hanomag).

No, cause this version was very rare in 1944

Too bad, but I believe you have some good sources backin' it up

Thanks for the updated list ;) no motorcycles though, but hey, you can;t expect too much

Does the del mean the particular item has been abandoned? pity about the SU-76 then...

PS:

- Scaut armoured car

you mean the american White M-3, right?

Keep it up

Edited by topas

You can see it in screenshots and video (also scripting - for expl, working tracks on Hanomag).

Ok. But I prefer to get more screenshoots since the video couldn't be watched by my laptop for some reason unkown.

Do u think u could implement a flare pistol aswell?

As we dont have a flare gun in Vanilla Arma2 and flare guns were more than common in ww2, and even more at the eastern front i would realy apreciate this.

That way missions by night could be done aswell,...not mensioning iots tactical use in mp misisons.

Could u also point out what side axis and what sie allied is fighting for?

I mean keeps Russia on the same side in editor as on vanilla or will the german take the OPfor side in editor?

Thx for your effort, really looking forward for this mod!

Edited by Nephris1

Do u think u could implement a flare pistol aswell?

I think - yes

I mean keeps Russia on the same side in editor as on vanilla or will the german take the OPfor side in editor?

Didn't think about it.

Thx for your effort, really looking forward for this mod!

Thank you as well :)

C'mon guys, throw us a bone, im itching to play this mod! :D i keep checking in every day to see if its been released yet! Damn my impatience lol

Didn't think about it.

For converting missions and using them analog to already existing ones it would be handy, if the Wehrmacht would be on Bluefor and Russians on Opfor...even cause Opfor is already speakng russian ingame.

My opinion.

For those who want to play with western allied and russains vs Wehrmacht it would be crap, but to be honest these parts of allied never really fought togehter but a few shots in the south of Berlin and western of Murmansk.

For converting missions and using them analog to already existing ones it would be handy, if the Wehrmacht would be on Bluefor and Russians on Opfor...even cause Opfor is already speakng russian ingame.

My opinion.

For those who want to play with western allied and russains vs Wehrmacht it would be crap, but to be honest these parts of allied never really fought togehter but a few shots in the south of Berlin and western of Murmansk.

I always preferred splitting sides as in HoI - Allies [as west] (USA, UK, NZ, Poland, French resistance and so on), Axis [as East] (Italy, Germans, Japan, Slovakia, etc.) and Comintern [as Resistance] (Soviet union and national armies from occupied by Axis territories who fought alongside with SSSR). In such configuration it's possible for example for creating scenarios where, for example in 1939, Poland struggle with Third Reich and Soviet Union. It's even possible to make such sf missions like Allies vs Comintern after 1945.

7163eb0ff643t.jpg

a1f3ddcc61d6t.jpg

Liberation 1941-1945 wip

Autor screenshots: Zenger

Edited by SMERSH

How far away from completion is this mod now then? I totally understand the need for patience, but the entire focus of these forums has shifted over to arrowhead now (which I dont have and wont have for a while) so Im just hoping this doesnt get buried along the way!

Very nice screens above by the way! :cool:

Does that mean the infantry is done for LibMod now?

Refering once again to to the side split of units.

Keep in mind that it would be much easier to convert missions from e.g. vanilla ArmA into a mod, when the sides can be adapted.

That means East keeps Russia , West keeps America (although it doesent matter here) and the Germans occupie the Resistance seat.

But well, however they will do it , it will be right.

Edited by Nephris1

woohoo great detailed...good work Smersh ...and cant wait:D

And please dont go Marfy on us.

Also nice to see they are still in work. Dont worry, Marfy never with Liberation's team, even in OFP time.

Great work on those units, it's clearly well worth the wait to see these screens.

Refering once again to to the side split of units.

Keep in mind that it would be much easier to convert missions from e.g. vanilla ArmA into a mod, when the sides can be adapted.

That means East keeps Russia , West keeps America (although it doesent matter here) and the Germans occupie the Resistance seat.

But well, however they will do it , it will be right.

Probably makes the most sense, although the Lib Mod will stand up well either way, making either Germans or Russians West becomes problematic when thinking of what many people may try in ways of incorporating extra content (ie adding extra addons). Though of course there is no obligation to support them.

(bah! distracted once again)

Just caught the latest screen shots. My mouth waters.

Some more screenshots!

Screenshot's authors: unknown, Zenger.

434734b2e33at.jpg9585e2ae430at.jpg

5bd38ea78875t.jpg4c3950c27f3at.jpg

Edited by Ingeneer

0d982ee4ea6at.jpg774981d8053bt.jpg

bf7c033a17a8t.jpg 6d09746c73d7t.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

Excellent. Nice to see World War 2 will also be featured in ArmA2.

And please dont go Marfy on us.

Don't worry. Our target is mod to play, not only to see. As it was for OFP.