Sign in to follow this  
zenger

“liberation 1941-1945�

Can you pots a link to see it in a more high res?:

Its very small, cant see very well :x

Absolutely cant wait to play this mod! :D What sort of price tag will it be? I mean that in the best possible way too, cant expect you guys to make so much effort with this & get nothing back for it!

ARM2CAT, the pic is not at all larger as the previous one, and not clickable I'm affraid.. Is it a way to tease us maybe?

ARM2CAT did you do the pictures? And if so at what resolution do you play? and what kind of details you have set?

I have decreased the scale of pics. Otherwise they would be above 100k. It seems from photobucket I could only submit such pics in the medium sizes.

I'd like to present to community several new screenshots of ZIS-5V truck by Ruspartizan. All screenshots are clickable.

2eafe781bcb6t.jpg

Zenger's screenshot

40846a082449t.jpg

88f5911dc598t.jpg

fb1854898e63t.jpg

255's screenshots (NOTE - GAZ-69 is postwar unit)

Also we'll prepare video

Edited by Ingeneer

Wow, and it is just few days ago I saw one of these, beautifully restored being transported on a carriage

Nicely done ;)

There's a polish proverb connected to this truck;

"ZiS Piać - z góry jechać, pod górę pchać"

Which freely translates into:

"Zis-5, downhill you drove;now uphill - you got to shove"

Re GAZ, are you planning on the sweet GAZ-67? And while at asking; Ford GPW's or US6 Studebakers [from Lend&Lease] maybe, or limiting to Soviet stuff only?

Also will be fuel supply truck, medic and technical assistance - PARM. May be with before-war cabin.

Also may be - ZIS-6 with BM-13 missle launcher and, i hope - ZIS-42M halftrack.

About lend-lease cars and trucks. They was in use very wide, that's why we think to add it.

But only after Opel truck for german side.

I tryed to search for a link to the pics from ARM2CAT to higher res, but cant find those 2 in specific.

But found a lot of others pics.They are more older:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/OFPCAT/s1-2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/OFPCAT/2-4.jpg

There's a lot of em on this thread:

http://forum.armedassault.info/index.php?showtopic=3606&st=120

They are posted under the same album, if isnt from you ARM2CAT please tell me and i will edit my post and remove it.

Edited by jhoson14

Have you considered making civilian models for the mod, too? Great Patriotic War era russian citizens would help creating a more beliavable historical environment.

Animal models would be great too, especially a cow and a horse. The modern cow included in the game is, well, too fat for wartime. This might be very hard to make, though.

We'll think about it. But for Staszow combat action we need polish citizens.

Have you considered making civilian models for the mod, too?

Some default A2 civilians would fit for the role I suppose;

I'd rather be happy to see some armed civilians ;) Woods were just full of partisan units back in those days..

gl7.th.jpgal3s.th.jpg

Cheers

T.

Some default A2 civilians would fit for the role I suppose;

I'd rather be happy to see some armed civilians ;) Woods were just full of partisan units back in those days..

gl7.th.jpgal3s.th.jpg

Cheers

T.

Yes, full of partisan units, maybe not of those units shown on the pictures, but who cares?:j:

Anyway, I think finding a picture of a pre-war Holy Spirit's Church in Staszów won't be that easy. Even Polish Digital National Archives have only two pictures from pre-war Staszów, not one of them shows any church.

Do you have all the other resources for the map? There are some pre-war Polish military maps (1:100000 scale - big file!, i think 1:25000 was published but I haven't seen it scaned so far) of the area.

Edited by lecholas

We have both polish pre-war and german war map. I founded wonderful polish site. I hope soon will be screens and we'll glad to ask our polish forum users - Is it real WW2 polish city or not, cause we try to make it as realistic as possible.

Thank you, Vilas and Topas for your help!

If you shall be in need of any polish themed boards, adverts; shopsigns from 30's/40's feel free to contact me;

Question: you're planning to make custom objects/buildings as well; or will do fine with retextures of A2 stuff?

Main objects have to be custom. Watermill, bridges, churches and ratusha.

Castle in Shidlow will be standard couse it's look very similar.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

If you shall be in need of any polish themed boards, adverts; shopsigns from 30's/40's feel free to contact me;

Question: you're planning to make custom objects/buildings as well; or will do fine with retextures of A2 stuff?

We need roadsigns of that times. :yay:

This is becoming more and more promising ;)

Anyway; I'm sending you a small collection of pre-war posters + some mobilisation and official annoucement posters from the post-1939 period;

You'd most probably need to make those dirty, washed out or bleached; most would probably be removed by the Nazis; excluding the pure advertisement ones ;)

poster pack download

Credit for majority of those goes to: www.weu1918-1939.pl

Will you also make "NSZ"? Maybe Vials can make them as he is polish and fan of polish units as it seems :D

My Gradfather was in NSZ "ZwiÄ…zek Jaszczurczy" - they were partisans fighting communist Russia and germany aswell as polish communist groups. Could be fun having these partisans on independent side.