Sign in to follow this  
Warrior Xâ„¢

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War)

Some more WIP shots of 2 vehicles that The Unsung MOD are working on for ArmA II.

The pics show:

- C123 Provider aircraft. (Note: This has recently been released for ArmA I. Pic is from ArmA II!)

- D7 Bulldozer. (yes yes spare us the humour in that one. D7 Bulldozer pic taken in...Buldozer :dozingoff::sigh:)

arma2c123.th.jpg1254934627284ft0unsd7do.th.jpg

Still looking for new members people! Apply for a Unsung job here!

why those weapons are worse than in Arma 1 release ?

models of AK and M16 are wrong

in Arma1 release AK was better

now M16 looks like 1985 version, not 1965, wrong

i hope YAC will keep eye on weapons as he keep eye on units

AK has wrong furniture

M16 is A2 made, not M16 neither A1

Edited by vilas

I loved the Unsung mod in Armed Assault. As you may know, the ACE mod is going modular in ACE 2, meaning it will be a lot smaller, and the extra ACE units and weapons will be optional(ACEX).

To have a Vietnam mod building upon ACE 2 module, with backpacks etc would be amazing.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2

why you hijacking Unsung topic with your "advertisement" of ACE ? :/

Hey Warrior X any chance of a Arma 2 conversion of that beautiful UH-1 you recently posted? Mighty handy for infil of those not so sanctioned missions.

AK has wrong furniture

Hi Vilas,

Yes we are aware of the textures and the problems with sights etc.

These are still WIP pics, so not the final product. Indeed M16 is wrong etc.

They are being overhauled as we speak. Plenty of people that strive for authenticity within the team. Thanks for the headsup on the models ;)

p.s. Don't worry about that ace stuff :p

Hey Warrior X any chance of a Arma 2 conversion of that beautiful UH-1 you recently posted? Mighty handy for infil of those not so sanctioned missions.

Yes also this is in the works. The UH-1 will be ported over. No 'Nam without the Huey now is there. :)

AK has wrong furniture

Hi Vilas!

Thanks for the post. The AK has been left untouched from our ArmA 1 release. I assume, what you are referring to is the Chinese made Type 56 Assault Rifle (buldozer shot) which was copied from the Russian AK-47. It had a stamped receiver and a permanent (cruciform) bayonet. The color of the wood is a bit lighter (name escapes me right now; type of wood that China uses) than that of the Russian cousin because that is the type of wood that the Chinese had to work with when they copied the AK. So it is going to be lighter in color...

We are planning on having multiple types of AKs and CT56s in the next release. To have JUST the AK-47 would not be accurate or as eventful.

Thanks for staying on top of us! :butbut:

where are holes (if i say good in english) or cutaways in wood of AK ?

you have strict line, like it was AK46 of i don't know... Sa 58 lower part ?

furniture in Type 56 is wrongly modelled

M16 and M16A1 also are different (i can't remember when A1 appeared)

but sight, hand held are different than what you shown (A2 type)

maybe reskins and rematerials (new NOHQ, SMDI) of BIS AK can give you good effect to have AKS ?

can you find photo of Type 56 when there is no cutaway/holes in furniture ?

Edited by vilas

I don't know how much the m203 was used in 'Nam but I wouldn't mind seeing the venerable M79 Grenade Launcher, any chance you folks will have that?

I don't know how much the m203 was used in 'Nam but I wouldn't mind seeing the venerable M79 Grenade Launcher, any chance you folks will have that?

The m79 was in our last release , and yes it will be in the next :)

Of all the possible vehicles and guns suitable for nam the one I am most looking forward to is the Huey!

Yes, as stated above, the M-79 is already in the mix.

Not wanting to get into a list of when certain weapons entered service during the "Police Action", we want to offer a number of different weapons for people to play with regardless of service life and quantity produced. You will find this with the EX-41 pump action grenade launcher as well. We like options and want to pass that to the community.

For the record, the M-203 40mm G/L has been in service with the US Armed Forces as early as 1969. It probably reached front line troops by the early 1970s. It was meant to replace the M-79 but many consider it a poor replacement. You could not load it as easily/quickly and some questioned its accuracy when compared to the M-79.

Hope this helps!

proper shape of Type 56 and M16A1 are here :

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/ntype.jpg

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/nm16a1.jpg

as far as i know YAC (units maker of Unsung) made better weapons models but you chosen worse ?

so i canot understand why you downgrade quality of NAM mod ?

you had super models by YAC, you haven't used it ?

i cannot understand choosing worse models when you had better

now in Arma you can do really good mod (you have expirience from Arma 1)

please do good and valid models, as not let some details take away taste of mod

Edited by vilas

Not bad... Magazine on the A1 looks a little out of place...

On the CT56, the wood texture that you have chosen to use is a bit light and gives the appearance that it is dry. This is not very conducive for life in the jungle where moisture is everywhere. Military applied an oil on top of the wood to, in essence, seal it from the outside external elements and to prevent the wood from rotting. This would also tone down the color of the wood so that it would appear a bit darker.

Good job!

i was saying about shape of furniture, not colour , i wanted to show shape, not colours

as i told before - shape is wrong, cuts in wood /holes, not colour

magazine on A1 is new BIS texture of SR25, BIS changed textures of M16's family and in defaule it was with Arma1 textures, but effect is due to using BIS textures here

I loved the Unsung mod in Armed Assault. As you may know, the ACE mod is going modular in ACE 2, meaning it will be a lot smaller, and the extra ACE units and weapons will be optional(ACEX).

To have a Vietnam mod building upon ACE 2 module, with backpacks etc would be amazing.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2

Well I believe that we were affiliated or approached Ace in the past regarding this however it never materialized. Yes it would be icing on the cake to have it ACE compatible, but we really don't have the time to plug it in unless ACE are prepared to do it *hint* :P .

On that note we are adding our own sexy scripts and ideas that we didnt have time for in the Arma 1 release. If we can get it working I guarantee you will wet your pants.

Note : Ace members if you are interested in joint venture or can help make it Ace compatible you know where to find us.

Nice job on this. Really looking forward to this mod.

The m16 with M203 looks like a M16a2 version. Which wasn't used in Vietnam, it should be the m16a1.

Just a note:o

i see what you mean, but only real diff to M16A1 W/ M203 is that M16A1 is commonly seen w/ 20 rnd mag, but it takes a thirty

Not true A1 had:

Shorter buttstock

No cartridge deflector

windage adjustable only rearsight

Thin barrel all the way

round front sight post

different pistol grip

Lower reciver had no reinforcements

different handguard

To name a few.

STGN

Bugger, the PR guy has gone AWOL again.

Actually we are fairly busy converting etcetera, etcetera but as soon as we have something to report we'll keep you informed "I sh!t you not!" :D

Bugger, the PR guy has gone AWOL again.

Now where did he go... :rolleyes: ;)

Yeah we are very busy as CSJ said. As soon as we are able to show you stuff, we will show it.

Just because you don't hear them, it doesn't mean they are not there! :D

I can wait a little ....

But just a little :P

"Where did you go, my love?"

Good music :P:yay: