Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Ability to roll grenades would be nice...

If you could chuck grenades underhanded for more accuracy at close range (ie trying to put one through a door) that would be nice .. please!!

Ability to throw them would be nice,too. At the moment I can only assume that you forcefully vomit them from your esophagus.

I once threw a grenade from an alleyway and the jerky animations actually dragged my character ten feet across the street.

Well i noticed this other day while playing. Though it was actually a throw I saw made nade bounce an roll(on city st) that to me seemed to really improve the range but also made it hard to be accurate with them characteristics.

They do bounce too much and thats reported.

ACE1 gave us the option to roll grenades (among other throws). So i bet we will see it even if BIS dont implement it. And ACE2 will be a full conversion mod so its not annoying with tons of different addons to install + not hard to get on servers as im sure tons and tons of servers will run it thanks to the superb improvements it gives to the game.

Alex

*If* we ever see BI implement this into ArmA2, you can bet your arse it will be thru the OA expansion (ie: mo $$). Fluff (like new animations) is what sells their expansions.

But as mentioned above, it's been done before with a mod and that's likely how most of us will see it in the future.

Roll grenades? Pff. Bouncing them like basket balls is SOO much cooler! And SOO much more realistic!

I think :confused:

Agreed!several times ive tried to put a grenade through a door & had the damn thing bounce back at me!

I've had one leave my hand.... that's it.

Never came down, nor exploded, nothing. It just went up.

Check the ace2 wiki,it's mentioned there.

Great news!

For this reason (grenade suckage) I don't use them... I just fire a SMAW into the building, MG nest, crowd of civis... etc.

In GRAW2 you have the normal long throw by pressing primary and the roll or very short throw on a rooftop or smt by pressing secondary/zoom button. Something like that would be very nice.

Aren't their throws accurate, though? Because they don't have to use a retarded crosshair?