Sign in to follow this  
BeerHunter

Need a "for gods sake shut up" command..

Nothing spoils the immersion factor more that trying to carefully advance on a position and having to listen to endless "go" , "Move" , I'll cover" babble from the AI.

In RL you don't talk to the CO unless you've got something important to say and you DEFINITELY don't try and give the CO an order.

Whose brain fart of an idea was it to have the AI constantly chattering (spamming) messages?

We DESPERATELY need a "for gods sake shut up" command! (or a mod that will mute the things).

Or good idea would be to have the ai not to use the radio for the shouting.

It was an immersion killer on the first mission when that broken english was shouted non stop

I heartily agree. Especially when u have #4 or whoever shouting go, move, go, move 20 times in a row. We really do need a STFU command!

Think there was an Addon which made them shut up ... don't know for sure, but it cut many of those annoying radio messages out ... just browse a little thru armaholic, maybe u find it

It also broke many other messages. This should be fixed in an official patch, I hate the dumb AI shouting all the time.

5.56 to the face will quieten them down a little.

No, then they start wining and that's even worse... F*** that hurts.

A second 5.56 to the face just to press home the point then. :)

Have to agree ho'heartedly here. This can't have been intended and therefore must be a bug. I can put up with a lot of bugs but damn if I don't want to just shut my PC off when that "Go! I'll cover!" repeats itself ad infintum. Less is sometimes more...

No, then they start wining and that's even worse... F*** that hurts.

I'm amused by the thought of AI saying "F***, my face" instead of "F*** my leg". Is that so very wrong?

Nothing spoils the immersion factor more that trying to carefully advance on a position and having to listen to endless "go" , "Move" , I'll cover" babble from the AI.

In RL you don't talk to the CO unless you've got something important to say and you DEFINITELY don't try and give the CO an order.

Whose brain fart of an idea was it to have the AI constantly chattering (spamming) messages?

We DESPERATELY need a "for gods sake shut up" command! (or a mod that will mute the things).

HAHA Yes! I was dumb-struck the first time I made a mission in which I was CO and I heard from some jackass AI private a very disrespectful "MOVE!" order. Incidentally a friend who has no interest in the game or things military at all, (he was just hanging out, reading some magazines) was like "Um can he talk to you like that?". :eek:

Then you just constantly hear:

"Uuungh..."

"Arrrrgh..."

"Ooooh..."

"Gaargh..."

"Uuungh..."

:)

Hard to tell if its:

a) an injury

b) an orgasm

c) or a dire need for a dump

Personally, I like to think c) :D

Instead of removing it, move it off of the radio chatter. Instead of projecting EVERYTHING over the radio, the "Go! I'll cover you!" and such as well as the "Enemy...Tank...Over...There." should be shouted from their lungs. Only use the radio if they're a long distance away. As well as voices heard from in-vehicle sound like they're in-vehicle using all the various chat colors.