Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo~Blue V3.x

we keep getting this message:

variable mando_hitch_hud does not support serialization and should not be stored in the mission namespace

and my rpt is filled with many other messages about does not support serialization, is this a mando issue or Evo issue and how can we make it stop?

This is a great question Zombie very annoying. I know Xeno had the same problem in Dom but fixed it, think it was a hpp file not sure.

I zipped the pbo so it does download now

GITS Evo v10 for trial and mini weapon mod

re hitching -

mando hitch is a bit weird tbh. We get the error message on joining the server but only once - which is fine. Do you get it more than once? Is it a problem?

also in terms of not being able to pick up a vehicle - this is because the vehicle is not recognised by the script running clientside, and the vehicle is server side. Get in and out of the vehicle you want to hitch and it becomes clientside, so the script works fine on it. Mando could fix this i guess, but I've never worked out how to manage client/server private/public issues.

on unlock option - razor already posted his answer

This is a Feature V3.9 and above.....its already there......check it out
Edited by eggbeast

the above error occurs only once.

as for the clientside/serverside vehicle thing, I will try getting in and out of a vehicle and see if that helps with picking things up, but I'm afraid it wont help with flipped over vehicles. You cant enter an upside down vehicle, and destroying it just makes it respawn upside down again.

we are experiencing an annoying bug where the action to teleport to MHQ becomes broken, bringing you to the marker instead. The marker fails to follow where the vehicle is actually located for some players making the MHQ useless for those players for the rest of the game.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

the mado hitch error only occurs once, on the screen, but writes about 20 errors in my rpt. It's more annoying than a being a problem per se, I like to keep my rpt clean so I can spot something truley amiss.

I found this in the mando readme:

You need also to modify description.ext to make sure mando hitch titles are present there. Locate or create RscTitles section and add there the corresponding include:

class RscTitles

{

#include "mando_hitch\mando_hitch_titles.h"

};

but it's not in the evo description.ext so maybe that's the problem?

Nvm, include it shall works as stated above, if you still have problems with it, try to add disableSerialization at the top of the script.

Edited by Benny.

re flipped vehicles, I wonder if we could make an addition to the FARP script to respawn a vehicle (damaged), or else edit the vecinit script to respawn vehicles on their wheels? will have to look into it - I honestly haven't had a problem with this. in arma 1 the vulcan always got tipped over by stupid AI drivers, so we used to satchel it and it would respawn on its tracks. Occasionally, you could still get into it on its side, so winching it worked fine. The original winch script was also much better than mando's in that it didn't have this client/server issue. could look into it. the old winch stopped working in the new version of evo for arma 1 back in the day, but i never got around to identifying why, so had to use mando.

we get our M1A1's flipped usually by the SU-34 and his missles...haven't managed to flip one by driving (yet)...

Are the missions bugged?

when i do a missions (destroy convoy) the convoy is placed way out of the map, and when i destroyed the convoy (it was possible to do that) and walked back to my car , the car was just gone .. ?

Are the missions bugged?

when i do a missions (destroy convoy) the convoy is placed way out of the map, and when i destroyed the convoy (it was possible to do that) and walked back to my car , the car was just gone .. ?

Same here

hello, I like the idea of this EVO thing, but is there a tutorial or manual?

I have been playing in SP. When I complete the save doctor assignment and return to base, it says I receive 20 points but when I go to recruit another soldier it shows that I have no points available. Am I doing something wrong?

I think the ranking system is really cool, I'm just having a hard time understanding the mechanics of the whole EVO thing.

Thanks in advance :)

the missions work in my version - see link above - but not in Razor's atm. Try them in mine and you'll get an idea how they function. There are still one or two bugs in the version I'm working on, especially with scoring, so hang in there. it's to do with the when you die you leave and rejoin the squad hard-coded script - need to workaround this somehow.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

here's an old briefing I wrote for Arma 1 evo that will shed some light on the mission - it has some errors as the new menu system in Arma 2 is accessed using T menu and HALO and respawn dialog is at the original spawn airbase in a new location

Beware - no word wrap - couldn't work out how to enable it in the code box

Welcome to Evolution soldier! Now pay attention and listen up, because we are facing a toughened enemy this time. This briefing will keep you focussed on your objectives, and will no doubt save your life...

To complete the campaign, you need to re-take every town on the map.

Each town is protected by Air Defences. Locate and destroy 3 Anti-Air units to protect your own airborne units. Once all three units are destroyed the red hatching will disappear from the map.

Each town contains a Radio Tower. Destroy it to prevent reinforcements being sent to the town under siege. Radio Towers can only be destroyed with a satchel bomb. You will receive 10 points for successfully cutting communications.

Once the Radio Tower is down, proceed to sweep the area and kill all armed enemy units until the bastards surrender. When a town falls, remaining troops drop their guns and can be captured and returned to the POW camp near our Base for 5 points per head. To capture enemies you must first identify them (default right click) then choose the action Capture. Enemy troops mounted on MG's, Grenade Launchers or Artillery Cannons will not surrender - shoot them on sight!

Each town has a Commanding Officer dressed in olive drab. He is a PRIORITY TARGET. Capture him and return him to the POW Camp near our Base for 20 points. Never shoot the officer, he is always unarmed. Beware of bombing/ grenading the area where he is located. Do not shoot other unarmed soldiers as they may be someones prisoner.

If you kill an unarmed enemy you will be fined 30 points and may be demoted and you will find my boot in your ass.

Now, you can change some settings in the Spawn Hangar - go to the back of the hangar and check your Action menu.

You can set your terrain detail (grass), View distance and Air view distance (How far you see in a plane or chopper) in the Spawn Hangar. High settings may make your system unstable.

If you Request Transfer at the Spawn Hangar you can join another players squad. You can also do this when in a vehicle, using the Radio - My Squad - function.

Some notes on classes.

If you're a Medic you can set up a MASH (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital) when players heal (enemy inflicted wounds) you get points. As Medic your priority must be healing.

If you're an Engineer you can set up a FARP (Forward Arming and Refueling Point) when you are near a repair vehicle. If you fully repair a marked vehicle at your farp you will earn points. As Engineer your priority must be repair.

If you're in command of a vehicle, stop at the Airbase, FARP or Dock to be fully serviced.

Some snipers are equipped with ghillie suits which offer them extra concealment from the enemy.

Ready to go then? Here are some tips on getting into battle.

Moving the Ambulance near to your objective is a wise move. Your comrades can then re-spawn there and join the battle quickly. You can also Heal at the ambulance. Beware! Do not endanger the Ambulance, as you cannot spawn there if it is damaged.

As you earn points, you will be promoted and new support options will become available. Drivers of vehicles earn points for carrying soldiers into battle from the Base. The Little Bird MH-6 respawns after 5 mins, so you can use it to shuttle your squad quickly into battle.

You can Request a HALO (High Altitude, Low Opening) parachute insertion from Mission HQ. You start at 15,000m over the Halo Insertion Point near Corazol. Use your mouse to steer. Press ESC to open your chute at >100m. Open it higher and you will have a long time to admire the scenery.

Pilots of the larger helicopters can winch vehicles into and out of battle. Learn to winch! You can rapidly deploy your forces this way.

As Squad Leader you have many Radio commands.

If you select Recruit Player on your radio or in the Spawn Hangar you can recruit AI units into your squad. Beware! They will fire on POW's in vehicles, including your own! Drop them from your squad before mounting a prisoner into a vehicle

If you select Mission on your radio or in the Spawn Hangar you can take a Side Mission for points. You can choose from Water Patrol, Land Patrol, Combat Air Patrol, Search and Rescue, Ambush Convoy, Destroy Armour, Defence, Rendition and Extermination missions. Each squad member will score between 10 - 40 points for completing each Mission.

Squad Leaders - you can set a squad waypoint by holding shift and left clicking the map. Remove squad waypoint by holding alt and left clicking the map. Any player can double click on the map to mark locations. Press DOWN ARROW to change icons.

You can request Support on your radio but it costs points. Choose between Supply Drops (Ammo Crate, Fuel, Motorbike, Inflatable Boat, MG Station, Fortress, Mortar, Armoured Boat, Artilley Cannon, AA Gun), Artillery (Precision strike, Small Artillery, Cluster Bomb, Large Artillery, Chemical Strike and Nuclear ICBM), Smoke (Smoke Marker, Smokescreen) and HALO extraction. Options increase with rank. Vehicle notes: Only GBU armed aircraft can lock-on to infantry laser designators. Some vehicles use a weapon camera. To go back to normal view press any key. A Special vehicle will become available at Colonel Rank.

If you disconnect and reconnect your score and rank will be retained.

That is all, grab your kit and get moving. 

Edited by eggbeast

Since RazorCH hasn't been here for a while, and others (like eggbeast) have continued to work with his code, I thought it would be a good time to post a link to an unannounced version of the mission, here:

http://www.lab-design.ch/downloads/arma2/EvoBlueV393_Revive.rar

Based on posts in the German forum RazorCH has been using, beta testers have been pounding on this one for a while. It may have some serious issues though (which may be why he hasn't announced it yet), so use at your own risk.

Since RazorCH hasn't been here for a while, and others (like eggbeast) have continued to work with his code, I thought it would be a good time to post a link to an unannounced version of the mission, here:

http://www.lab-design.ch/downloads/arma2/EvoBlueV393_Revive.rar

Based on posts in the German forum RazorCH has been using, beta testers have been pounding on this one for a while. It may have some serious issues though (which may be why he hasn't announced it yet), so use at your own risk.

KaBong could you tell me a little about what changes you have made? I have integrated this into my own changes and not sure if I want to update.

Thanks

the changes were made by razor himself in 3.93 vengeance1! reinforcement wasnt working correct, cause of the different parameters of skill levels easy, medium, hard ect. so the parameter was removed! still reinforcement wasnt coming up after the first city and thats one of the reasons, why he gave the mission to some clans, including us, to test it under password and didn't wont this version in public use. thats why after annoucing 3.93, he removed the link @ hx3 forum, so it cant be downloaded anymore and i'm just wondering, how come you kabong, are posting this link here now!?!?

have continued to work with his code

just to clarify - we are both working with Kiljoy's evolution code... he made the original evo as far as I'm aware. I've borrowed some of Razor's amendments and offered him free rein on all of mine... it's a community thing... but KJ did all the original hard work.

howdy, i know eggbeast and i've been following your posts here with curiosity, cause it's always nice to see someone working on a evo. also been a few years around (not active in this forum), hosted many evos of different people and definitely know, that it's a community thing ;). i'm also working on evos we've done @arma1 to portn them to arma2 with a friend. but havent got that much time atm, so the progress ain't that far yet. the thing is, i was asked to test a pre version of 3.93 under password and then only was rather suprised, to see a link of the version in public. thats all m8.

got in touch with razor today, once i also had'nt seen him around since the 1st oktober week and got a bit worried. not about the evo progress, but if everything was alright with him. he also has lots, lots of work in RL atm and family'n housestuff going arround and confirmed me things, of that what you wrote me.

btw, tested the GITS today just for a few mins and nice idea with the island. just before arma2 was released, i had a similar idea @ sahrani way up north west for a rubber boat action. but only to clear a tower on the lil island and then hit eastern sahrani again. but we never finished that coast version since arma2 hit the shelves.

anyway, thx to you and to anyone else "involved" @ what evo version ever and keep up the work soldiers

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

the changes were made by razor himself in 3.93 vengeance1! reinforcement wasnt working correct, cause of the different parameters of skill levels easy, medium, hard ect. so the parameter was removed! still reinforcement wasnt coming up after the first city and thats one of the reasons, why he gave the mission to some clans, including us, to test it under password and didn't wont this version in public use. thats why after annoucing 3.93, he removed the link @ hx3 forum, so it cant be downloaded anymore and i'm just wondering, how come you kabong, are posting this link here now!?!?

I came across it purely by accident, right around the time he released 3.93 to the clans. I wanted to download 3.92 to another one of my rigs at home and hand-typed the URL, mis-typing 3 for 2. The "save as" dialogue came up, without a password prompt, and the file I downloaded was not password protected. I didn't even realize I had the new code until I tried to set up a local network game. I then sat on it but became worried that not hearing anything from RazorCH for a long time maybe meant that he had walked away from the project.

I meant no ill will by it and claim no credit for anything he has contributed. I just wanted others, like eggbeast (and tophe - where are you dude? Many of us would like the ability to save custom loadouts returned to Evo when not using the revive option), who were actively working on Evo to have the benefit of RazorCH's latest input.

BTW, I fully agree with eggbeast's view that Evo is a community effort (thanks, community!), with original credit going to kiljoy (love ya, brother - please come back!). ;)

I meant no ill will by it and claim no credit for anything he has contributed. I just wanted others, like eggbeast (and tophe - where are you dude? Many of us would like the ability to save custom loadouts returned to Evo when not using the revive option), who were actively working on Evo to have the benefit of RazorCH's latest input.

np m8, think we sorted that one out already, and i'm now aware of the situation with v3.93!

have a nice week @ll

Hey guys.. sorry for my inactivity. I don't know what state Evo is right now, but I'm sure there's a good solution for the loadout problem.

I'm tied up with real life at the moment, so I can't put any time into this right now (two kids and currently recording an album).

Will be back soon to look into the loadouts, if nobody solves it before I get the chance.

ive got our server patched up to 1.04 now since my quadcore upgrade, so im back wit hthe rest oif the community

we're hosting GITS evo 24/7 now to try and run it through all of the cities to the end and to test the missions too.

all mature, sensible players welcome - password is GITS, filter servers for GITS to find it.

(We pw it to stop noobs coming in and blowing everything up in rage when they cant immediately fly an A10 etc.)

pop in sometime and say hi

i have to add - our version is still under construction - the points for missions dont seem to work very well - because i think - i took out the check if player is not in group then end mission with fail etc. but i also had it working before so not sure...

also the main base has too many vehicles in it andthey are useless without changing the rotation of cities, like razor did. some work needed there.

also my halo/T-menu bugfix stopped working recently - need to find out why

i'm most pleased with the T menu support options, the sub-missions (though extermination and defence need a little work), the spawns (tho some i nicked from razor) and the enemy aircraft...

eggbeast:

Can you restore saved loadouts (previously disabled because of conflict with revive)?

Can the T menu be improved to drop single members of an AI squad (like A1)? Very useful if one falls behind or goes wacko.

ok i now have the following fixed:

- scores for side missions work, and you dont lose the mission when you are squad leader and you die on a side mission

- tomahawk works for spotter class - he can call it in every 5 mins, though i haven't scripted in any scoring for this yet

-AA class can set up a camo net over e.g. MHQ ambulance (though why you might want to do this is questionable - recent evidence indicates that the enemy planes TARGET THE CAMO NET AS AN ENEMY STRUCTURE !!

- tweaked Razor's trench script to spawn a sandbag area = better cover

-added a script to spawn ladders, but it's still buggy

-reinforcement count tweaked so it should be more humane

- MANDO HITCH script working on all helicopters

- added frigate to island base

- Nuke fully imported from here - you need to be colonel and it costs 50 points to call in ICBM from T / support menu:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=88810

current probs:

T menu breaks after halo despite putting in the pinit fix to spawn... i'm confused... it did work after i scripted in the fix, but a recent change broke it again and i can't work it out

If Razor, Tophe or anyoine else can help with the HALO/T menu

meantime you can find our latest mission here:

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/

download v11 zip file

get 50 points and try the nuke - mental as f*** (although fx work only clientside atm, so don't bother inviting your mates to watch the shroom)

Edited by eggbeast
update