Sign in to follow this  
RazorCH

Evo~Blue V3.x

I've scripted in a lift for the international hotel in cherno and also a side-mission whereby an enemy general and his whore drive past so you have to camp up there to shoot him - gonna make it conditional on you sneaking in through layers of guards and then killing him and sneaking out again - kinda like Hitman...

assassination.jpg

Edited by eggbeast

Had something interesting happen last night I thought I'd let you know about. A group of us were playing the latest version and the spawn area got bombed. The building next to the motorcycles got destroyed and the rubble from that caused all the bikes to start bouncing around... causing the server to become very unstable and laggy. Maybe move them a little further from that building so if it does get destroyed, the bikes will be far enough away that they won't be effected by it.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

ok, well i thinned out the bikes which should reduce the bouncing

and added this baby

carrier1.jpg

latest version good and stable having fun but could you add the A64D.carrier looks interesting cant wait keep at it :cheers:

- update v19 with Rescue Agent side-mission (uses carrier)

- fixed a lot of minor script bugs

- changed trench building to "build foxhole" and other side-actions like build mortar/ AA pod to randomise the weapon/structure and also to removed old one when new one is built

- Sniper now has options to build camo net and ladder (use at own risk lol)

- M119 is now in the AT role build array along with TOW launcher and SPG9 etc

- officer can build an M252 mortar though its hard to use

- officer foxhole is now a larger structure than the rest - he can make command/ firebase bunkers

new sniper toys - build ladder

roof.jpg

sniping the islanders from the carrier - 2000m away

rescue2.jpg

Edited by eggbeast

awesome vid of us using the day FLIR etc on apache in evo

5wVsJXec4ss

Edited by eggbeast

doing some missions tonight - me n blazes

blazes plants satchels and mines at the crossing in cherno to ambush the escaping general while i keep watch from the hotel roof 700m away

amb1.jpg

here comes the war criminal trying to escape justice

amb2.jpg

and there he goes - despatched by a tonne of TNT laid down by blazes - all i had left to snipe was a burning shoe

amb3.jpg

we also did some defence missions - awesomefun - 2 apaches defending devils castle as hordes of enemy broke from the trees and attacked a small force of CDF regulars inside the castle. needless to say we soon broke that rabble up. best mission ever.

here's the location of one of the other defence missions: Green Mountain radar compound

def1.jpg

I completed this mission despite being overrun by enemy when a passing Su25 decided to attack the CDF and accidentally crashed into the massive tower and blew up on top of hisown troops lol - tit

def2.jpg

that was awesome fun tonight - especially when me n blazes didnt quite finish the extermination mission and got nuked on the mountain between cherno and elektro.

Hey Eggbeast can you tell me what is generating the error "5Rnd_HE_M203"?

Updating my older version of your EVO and would like to eliminate this one.

Thanks

yep - get the blazes weapons mod here:

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/

it makes a 5 round magazine for the M203 GL, a 2 slot M136 rocket and a laserlockable javelin. All features we played in arma 1 extensively, hence theonly mod built in to the mission.

If you want rid of it, then you can open the pbo and edit

data/scripts/eventscC

to remove the new GL entries 5rnd_M203_HE etc

by the way - the new version (still called v20) is just going up there now - has a few tweaks and 2 new support options -

Illumination - calls in a 5 minute shower of flares for e.g. defence missions at night and

Bombardment - calls in random shelling for 5 minutes in a large area to simulate a battle - quite atmospheric and dangerous

Edited by eggbeast

Very cool is the New V20 posted? can you roll one up with no hidden Addons? ;)

Are all your changes in Script as i replace much of the vehicles in the Airport in my version?

Also what is with the Trigger linking one of the AH64's?

Edited by vengeance1

a) new v20 is posted on the download site linked above

b) most changes in script - the carrier was the last mission file addition to my knowledge

c) i will take out the 5 round nades at some point bear wit hme

d) not sure what trigger you mean...

the AH64's have the following init

init="this setPosASL [position this select 0, position this select 1, 16.6];veh = [this, 120,600] execVM ""vehicle.sqf""";

the first part is only for the carrierborne ones so they spawn above the deck

the second part is for all vehicles - to make them respawn

apartfrom this, there is a generic repair trigger

class Item2

{

position[]={4555.1587,339,10290.808};

a=720;

b=250;

angle=240;

rectangular=1;

activationBy="ANY";

age="UNKNOWN";

text="airport";

name="AirportIn";

class Effects

{

};

};

which triggers the repair function, butalso re-arms the vehicles in FARPs, carrier, airport, docks etc

Edited by eggbeast

Ok that worked got the Ammo error out so that leaves the Serialization Error from Mando which we have all had but he has not updated it, not sure its on his radar at right now.

Could you make that an option so we can disable it? That way we can use ACE.

whats the prob? the mando hitch messes with ace or the error?

whats the prob? the mando hitch messes with ace or the error?

Both.

The problem is:

1. If you want to use ACE Module for Lift (which is RAVLIFTER) then you have two of them active

2. It would get rid of the pesky error every time you start a session on the Server

It's just a suggestion Eggbeast, no big deal, I can remove with a little editing, just trying to suggest a cleaner solution.

well im gonna aceit eventually - just let me get the main functions fixed first.

next up is the stringtable (mission hints, WP's and briefings etc), the scoring system and the squad system.

once it's all peachy i'll happily make an ACE vanilla and then a brit and red version like i did in arma 1

GITSEvolutionV21_ace.Chernarus.zip

is here

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/

It's not got any ACE in it, I've just trimmed out mando hitch and the M203 mod for you to enable it to work with ACE. Let me know how you get on.

I'm keen to get the mission working properly before doing an ACE conversion but if you do add stuff in let me know how it goes, what works well, and maybe gimme a link to your server/mission so I can take a peek at it later.

like I say, the main bugs now are:

stringtable (mission hints, WP's and briefings etc)

scoring system

squad system

move all russian stuff outta the base to the southern airport and make it an objective

fix Razor's imported server startup menu options (like no MHQ etc)

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

after a morning raid on the peoples temple cult (where all of them were hunted down and killed using FLIR)

I realised that either the mission had bugged or else one was hiding somewhere in a barn etc - had 60 secs to flee

this is what happened 61 secs later :devil:

wmd1.jpg

v21 released

- now has a briefing

- used stringtable to localise languages in side missions and support options - where possible

- fixed FARP alpha location

- relocated all russian hardware to southern airbase (pending addition of mission to secure this resource)

it works fine bud - what's the problem?

some tips:

FIRST - ALWAYS GO INTO GEAR FROM STANDING UPRIGHT - otherwise the animation is different and the weapon save is not triggered.

TIP 1 - maintaining a rifle as primary

when you spawn, go to the crate, select gear

empty off enough ammo slots for your rockets

take you SMAW or whatever you fancy and it will have as many ammo as you made room for

next take your rifle

DO NOT EVER put your current rifle in the crate before selecting your new one as this will make your PISTOL A PRIMARY WEAPON and screw your weapon save

And NEVER go on the crate with a pistol or rocket in your hand, as these will become your PRIMARY WEAPON SAVE

If this happens, take a rifle etc then come off the crate, equip your rifle and choose gear on the other crate to make the weapon save refresh with your rifle in PRIMARY.

Next take your postol and your grenades etc

simple. stick to this logic and you won't have a problem.

TIP 2 - dealing with lag

when the server gets laggy you sometimes spawn with the stock weapon. do nothing (in terms of changing weapon) until the script catches up and rearms you with your saved weapon.

TIP 3 - when the crate doesn't save

very occasionally you won't see the message WEAPON SAVES when you access the ammo crate or a dead body.

ALWAYS GO INTO GEAR FROM STANDING UPRIGHT - otherwise the animation is different and the weapon save is not triggered.

If this happens remember that your new loadout will not be remembered until you manage to access another crate or body to force the save to refresh

you can try switching from russian to american crate just to see if this will trigger the save - half the time it works. otherwise, just wait a few secs for the server scripts to catch up and the lag to diminish then try again on the crate and you'll see it works. This is the same when you first teleport and you cant get in a vehicle - the server needs time to catch up with your surroundings - it depends on how fast your PC is and how good the server is

evo has a lot going on

Edited by eggbeast

v21 released

- now has a briefing

- used stringtable to localise languages in side missions and support options - where possible

- fixed FARP alpha location

- relocated all russian hardware to southern airbase (pending addition of mission to secure this resource)

Nice job!